Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Skiffs and Fishing [Merged]

4 minutes ago, artcreator.4859 said:

The big thing is if the skiffs will be used to traverse the maps, if they're just for fishing, and they offer nothing new to travel beyond what the skimmer offered, then they're just kinda boring.

They can be used to move, in the stream, at a moment, the user is using it in yolo mode moving around and racing with another skiff.

Honestly, sounds interesting, still need more information like how you fish in gw2, best fishing experience to me is in Okami haha, very active fishing. 

Boats look cool too, especially as it looks like we have multiplayer water mounts to traverse the area, wonder how you unlock it! Can be used on a lot of maps, and if you can mount/jump on the boat/cast a Mes portal? would be quite interesting. 

Cause then people without skimmers can use your boat to get to certain locations? ;D 

21 minutes ago, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

my opinion on this

LOL

I bet that the guys at New World and FF14 are literally rubbing their hands in excitement right now thinking of  all the cash they are gonna make fromdisappointed  ex-GW2ers 

when was this kind of answer considered as feedback?
The topic if for FEEDBACK not toxicity and negativity

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

when was this kind of answer considered as feedback?
The topic if for FEEDBACK not toxicity and negativity

what do you mean? feedback is everything. calling this "lolworthy" and commenting how the competitors will take advantage of such a massive, massive blunder most definetly IS feedback, whether you like it or not...which clearly you dont. well oh well, you'll have to learn to deal with that yourself.

you may be thinking of "constructive criticism".  that I admit, my post is not.

Then again, Anet ignored their playerbase's request for an expac after Pof; and gave us IBS, then decided to ruin IBS halfway and do an expac after all , then delayed the expac some more, .and now they come at us with....god....they come with.....this

which begs the question, how can Anet  ask of their players to remain constructive with a straight face, when everything they themselves have done to their own game in the last few years has been SO amazingly destructive?

Edited by Konrad Curze.5130
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Konrad Curze.5130 said:

what do you mean? feedback is everything. calling this "lolworthy" and commenting how the competitors will take advantage of such a massive, massive blunder most definetly IS feedback, whether you like it or not...which clearly you dont. well oh well, you'll have to learn to deal with that yourself.

you may be thinking of "constructive criticism".  that I admit, my post is not.

Then again, Anet ignored their playerbase's request for an expac after Pof; and gave us IBS, then decided to ruin IBS halfway and do an expac , then delayed the expac some mor, .and now they come at us with....god....they come with.....this

which begs the question, how can Anet  ask of their players to remain constructive, when everything they themselves have done to this game in the last few years has been SO destructive?

I still have not seen a proper suggestion/feedback in your answers.
I can see that you do not like the revealed stuff but say why, mention what you would have prefered or want.
We have not tested specs, have not seen a bit of the story, haven't really  tried fishing . We have not really seen any of this in game yet and you rush on conclusions?
I would advise patience. it was FIRST look. They opened topics in forums and I bet the yalso look at reddit etc. Their communication has improved and I believe they delayed the expansion not because they have a lot of things to complete, but to polish and add requested stuff that people might want( tha twere missing from the livestream). 
To conclude, I really want to believe that the delay is in favor to players. Let's give it a chance. ( I personally am hyped about everything besides leggies.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I am not excited about this feature. It will be over monetized.

Man, it really sucks when they offer you the option to use real money on cosmetics that have no effect on the gameplay in a vast online game without a subscription fee.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Man, it really sucks when they offer you the option to use real money on cosmetics that have no effect on the gameplay in a vast online game without a subscription fee.

It really sucks that this is a feature designed solely to farm more money off of whales instead of it being used to make more engaging content. Mounts and gliders added something to the game, fundamentally changed how the game was played, fishing boat sounds like soon to be abandoned content like guild hall were. Fishing will probably be more niche than raids after novelty is done. I would say this is a DRM level of design blunder.

• Confused 1

I´m not sure why everyone seems to be excited about this tbh.

I might be as wrong as i was with mounts, sure. But fishing in and off itself... I dunno, its standing somewhere, waiting for a mouse click to happen. And when you have one fish, you probably gonna need like 1000 of them. Fun?
I just cannot even imagine this to be fun. Maybe if you can spawn some bosses this way, it could become fun but with the ability to just fight them underwater.... Feels unfitting.

Happy to be proven wrong, but defenitly not excited for this particular feature.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

It really sucks that this is a feature designed solely to farm more money off of whales instead of it being used to make more engaging content. Mounts and gliders added something to the game, fundamentally changed how the game was played, fishing boat sounds like soon to be abandoned content like guild hall were. Fishing will probably be more niche than raids after novelty is done. I would say this is a DRM level of design blunder.

And how're you able to tell that at this stage? 

I just don't get the appeal of fishing or why this would be a highlight feature for an expansion. 

I mean, they didn't even say what you actually do with the fish. Sure, it's a neat little novelty activity for collectors and to pass the time by, but once you catch all the fish, what's the point?

And from what I could tell it just looked like it acts the same exact way as it does in WoW. Stand there, wait for the bobber, then voila, you have a fish. Like, why though?

I'm hoping these boats are upgradable and secretly little home instance things or grant you access to your bank and customizable because if not, why? To buy more skins for a "mount" I'll never really use.

They could have repurposed scribing and the guild hall decoration system into a personal housing instance somewhere and I would have been more excited. But no, we get boats that move awkwardly on water and allow us to fish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I just don't get the appeal of fishing or why this would be a highlight feature for an expansion. 

I mean, they didn't even say what you actually do with the fish. Sure, it's a neat little novelty activity for collectors and to pass the time by, but once you catch all the fish, what's the point?

And from what I could tell it just looked like it acts the same exact way as it does in WoW. Stand there, wait for the bobber, then voila, you have a fish. Like, why though?

I'm hoping these boats are upgradable and secretly little home instance things or grant you access to your bank and customizable because if not, why? To buy more skins for a "mount" I'll never really use.

They could have repurposed scribing and the guild hall decoration system into a personal housing instance somewhere and I would have been more excited. But no, we get boats that move awkwardly on water and allow us to fish. 

You could just hop onto Skyrim, y'know.

1 hour ago, Bast.7253 said:

I have and do occasionally. You could just not comment, y'know.

Since you have nothing valuable to add to the conversation anyway. Bye.

Ah, yes.

You're clearly the superiorly informed one, despite the fact that barely any fixed facts are out. 

Hmm, why would any social activity be the highlight of an MMO expansion.

Did you watch the stream? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

...Also I hope the mastery line for skiffs will have weapons and utility skills to make boat combat a thing to assist in OW events.

Fishing is not a big thing for me personally. The skiffs intrigue me for some reason though and one of the first things I thought of was boat vs boat combat, with multiple players in each boat. Now that would be fun to see in both WvW and PvP.  It would also be cool if boats could be used in open world events in some way too. Don't think I've bought any of the pirate wardrobe stuff yet but I might have to once we are all floating around on boats. Yarr!