PvP Literally not even mentioned in the Live Stream

52 minutes ago, Rukia.4802 said:

Wym hots is updated very often . They just abandoned eSports it's still a fun game. Sc is for Uber virgin nerds so who cares

Is really easy to collate if a competitive game mode gets enough love and support from a company just taking a look at the Twitch top 30 games. The competitive ones which remain in those spots for years are both appealing and have enough support from their creators to keep the things insteresting and ensure the popularity. You can like HotS as a game the same as I like GW2's combat mechanics and PvP gameplay, and neither of the two have had a relevant pressence in twitch for years. But at least for GW2 I keep buying expansions and (from time to time) some gems whereas the last time I spent a dime in a Blizzard game was more than 5 years ago in the RoS expansion for DIII.

29 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Is really easy to collate if a competitive game mode gets enough love and support from a company just taking a look at the Twitch top 30 games. The competitive ones which remain in those spots for years are both appealing and have enough support from their creators to keep the things insteresting and ensure the popularity. You can like HotS as a game the same as I like GW2's combat mechanics and PvP gameplay, and neither of the two have had a relevant pressence in twitch for years. But at least for GW2 I keep buying expansions and (from time to time) some gems whereas the last time I spent a dime in a Blizzard game was more than 5 years ago in the RoS expansion for DIII.

Well you're not wrong, I was just speaking on the update thing. Hots still gets new heroes and balance updates I play it all the time. I don't care what is active on twitch to determine whether something is good or not, I don't need other people to think for me streamers bring in a lot of bandwagoners to games that aren't even good. GW2 is just not fun to watch and we have no personalities like asmongold but really what hurts the games presence is no variety in pvp, who in their right mind is gonna watch conquest for ever? In WoW hardly no one watches arena because its pillar humping boredom and random 1shots but battlegrounds have HUGE following. In GW2, there is only "arena" and nothing else unless you count wvw as pvp which no one does.

Hots and GW2 pvp have about the same playerbase but both are "dead" for different reasons. For hots its the perceived abandonment by blizzard due to dropping esports and sheep only follow esports, for GW2 its the literal abandonment of the mode and not fun to watch while being frustrating to play. 

It would be interesting to see how popular GW1 would be on twitch today if it were new, its still the best pvp an MMO has ever had. ANet refuse to capitalize on anything that made it successful. 9 years later we still slowly being drip fed basic features. I just saw a video the other day of a spectator mode in GW2, I had no idea this even existed, must be recent but its still like a decade too late. Its never going to have a presence cuz it already missed its opportunity , first impressions are everything, but that doesn't mean that it still can't be a good pvp game its just very unlikely because the devs also know they have missed their chance and would rather double down on pve or whatever than waste time trying to appease the pvp playerbase that will never gain traction aka revenue in the esport department.

If eod brings no new modes to pvp it is only going to get much worse, the only time worth playing will be on launch when the influx of new and returning players are queueing. I'll give it 1 season of popularity if its just the same ol conquest before the inevitable posts of how toxic the builds are come flooding in because they don't design specs with pvp in mind at all and everything is going to be broken af.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, Alin.2468 said:

PvP is dead. It was shot by community in November 2016 when enforced SoloQ was voted. The fact that Anet forgotten about it, is just a consequence of SoloQ. Let's not forget that eSports (such as ESL) also removed GW2 because of SoloQ in 2017.

PvP is gone, dead, and buried. GW2 is all about PvE, and that peaceful Cantha will most likely sell.

EDIT: I also watched the stream waiting, hoping, for some CPR (CardioPulmonary Resuscitation) for PvP team play... but I received nothing, not even a mention of it. It was to be expected though.

An oldguard.

It's been a long painful ride hasn't it watching a slow moving train wreck hasn't it.

Edited by Genesis.5169