Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Story and Lore

Gotta admit, I'm getting a lot of time vibes from this expansion.
Jade machines.. talking about Cantha's past and future.
Jade itself being a product of the Jade Wind, an event caused by divine magic.
The gods themselves being mist beings.
There's a lot of mists like theme too, a voice from the mists that Aurine is talking too now, the mists as we know have a lot of things going on with Time.
Mai Trinn's return, the last we saw of her she went into the mists.

Have the Canthans found a way to Time Travel? or manipulate Time somehow?.. manipulate the mists?

And what of the words in the original trailer? About those who face eternity.. mortals burn bright then gone and how they need me the voice says.

The voice being mother? a dead elder dragon.. the original elder dragon?
Time travel.. controlling the mists.. bringing mother from the past into the present?
Is that what it means?

I dunno.. getting a lot of time themed vibes from End of Dragons.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

@Teratus.2859, dito! That, or the Matrix Reloaded. 😂

...oh gosh, hopefully not! 😵

Haha hopefully not indeed XD

I can't seem to piece it all together atm though, think my brain is still overcharged from the stream hype haha.
Glad i'm not going too far off the rails with the whole time thing though, really excited for the story and where that's gonna go.

If i'm right about time and mists playing a huge part in this then maybe that scrapped Gw1 expansion will be relevant once again.
If I recall that had heavy mists and time themes going on, it's where the Chronomancer even came from.
If i'm right about Mother too being pulled through time.. effectively summoned in the present that even relates to the other scrapped profession, Summoner from that same scrapped expansion.
Will we see Summoners in Cantha maybe? 

I dunno, so many dots to throw up and connect atm, total theorycrafting anarchy haha
I can't wait to see other peoples theories and stuff about what's going on over in Cantha, really hyped for the new story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

Not a single shot of Kaineng so far, I'm really curious to see what gw2 artists do to that place really. Picturing HoT levels of verticality if they do the mass sprawl of that layered city justice.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. Back in the day, it seemed like most people hated it, but I really enjoyed Kaineng City for the different vibe and the atmosphere it provided within the world of Cantha and the story within Factions combined with that wonderful ambient music.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Yeah, I was a little disappointed. Back in the day, it seemed like most people hated it, but I really enjoyed Kaineng City for the different vibe and the atmosphere it provided within the world of Cantha and the story within Factions combined with that wonderful ambient music.

Maybe it's not even part of EoD but only comes in LS6 as a series of expanding maps afterwards.

The GOOD ones:

I am glad you have listened to some of my suggestions I have taken the time to write on your forum, for example new mounts that would accomodate passengers, fishing, boats. These new features are all very welcome and I am sure they will be very fun to play with.

The BAD ones:

No new Raids been announced...Sad. I know you are going to introduce more strike missions as instanced content as replacement to raids, however the feeling I get when playing strikes is not the same as playing raids. First of all, the lack of lore depth and second the excitement of progressing a raid wing. I was hoping you were working on a huge raiding content that would make Icecrown Citadel pale at its sight. My expectations were probably a bit too high on this topic, I am looking forward to seeing new updates on your live stream on this matter.

So many new female voices and characters announced, so little to no new male voice and characters. This was not the diversity I was expecting from you in EoD. I asked for more and better developed male characters with a responsible and adult personality in the past, I think we already have enough female characters assisting the commander. 1 or 2 more would have been ok considering Kasmeer and Marjory would become again the 2 main protagonists in EoD.

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

Kaineng sounds like Kaifeng.

coz like if you do some methamatics this will be the solution to n = f

n = 14 = 10 + 4 -> 10b + 4 -> 2 + 4 = 6

f = 6

n = 6 = f

And in Factions was based on the real life Kowloon Walled City.

What i get is that aetherblade are doing kinda like frost legion, they use dragon related liquid to power weapons, have power, rule over everyone. Instead of frost legion where it is jormag manipulating them, here, i think the dragon is captured and in stasis while peoples harvest its magic to power everything around cantha. 

I really hope the underground aetherblade jade harvesting complex will be a big storyline and not just one story step. There is a new symbol i saw during a artwork that was shown before that the stream start, while waiting for 15 minutes. It was behind a red energy force field and looked like full metal alchemist alchemist symbol or the chaos star of warhammer. 

At 6:25 precisely. It is a dead end showing asura hologram communicator, asura crates and red forcefield with the symbol. Remind me aetherblade retreat.

The woman is mai trin i guess. I would just like to know how Auris weirdbringer got his aetherblade uniform. I think it can be cool tying that character with mai trin, it can explain that beyond rift stabilizers, auris may have created a portative mist gate/ mist cannon to allow mai trin leaving edge of the mist to arrive in cantha. Boom auris weirdbringer story finished, he was experimenting on mist, rift and time travel.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

What i get is that aetherblade are doing kinda like frost legion, they use dragon related liquid to power weapons, have power, rule over everyone. Instead of frost legion where it is jormag manipulating them, here, i think the dragon is captured and in stasis while peoples harvest its magic to power everything around cantha. 

I really hope the underground aetherblade jade harvesting complex will be a big storyline and not just one story step. There is a new symbol i saw during a artwork that was shown before that the stream start, while waiting for 15 minutes. It was behind a red energy force field and looked like full metal alchemist alchemist symbol or the chaos star of warhammer. 

At 6:25 precisely. It is a dead end showing asura hologram communicator, asura crates and red forcefield with the symbol. Remind me aetherblade retreat 

I think the jade harvesting was actually cantha and the purity folks.

13 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

LORE and STORY QUESTION:

So, no more Luxons and Kurzick? :classic_mellow: The Echovald Forest's huge Kurzick cathedrals have been abandoned and are partially flooded these days? 😢

I was fairly certain it was written in the Lore that the Empire forced the Kurziks and Luxons to join them or..well..die.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

I was fairly certain it was written in the Lore that the Empire forced the Kurziks and Luxons to join them or..well..die.

You can join an Empire without having to abadon your home. If everyone under a dictatorship was forced to move to the capital city, that would make for some fun stacking. 😂 "Hey, everyone join the 1.2 million slot-sized squad and stack on the Commander, err, Emperor Tag!"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You can join an Empire without having to abadon your home. If everyone under a dictatorship was forced to move to the capital city, that would make for some fun stacking. 😂 "Hey, everyone join the 1.2 million slot-sized squad and stack on the Commander, err, Emperor Tag!"

Sure, but after 200 years of being subjugated by said empire, i wonder how much identity would be left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1