Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Siege Turtle

1 minute ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Ahem... gonna put up the trailers on youtube? so we can spread the love to people who didn't catch the stream?

You mean spread the disappointment and embarrassment? This was beyond pathetic. Barely anything new. Nothing relevant. Nothing surprising. PoF was the last time these Devs were actually creative and inspired. RIP GW 2.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

As it's will be fun to have them in WvW, what will be the point ? maybe if they have cannon but for transporttion, probably be less good than warclay pack anyway so why brother.

50 Siege Turtles knocking on Garri's Door. No more need to waste Golem Blueprints!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, Sentient Anomaly.9473 said:

Hello everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the siege turtle in Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons. 

Notes:

• Can carry multiple players at once (siege tank/personnel carrier)
  • Drivable vehicle or a mount? 🏇
  • Have super-awesome laser cannons 🔫
  • Siege turtle from GW1 as a reference 🐢

Questions:

• Movement speed?
  • Hit-boxes size?
  • Affected by boons?
  • Health/Toughness/Armor Rating?
  • Cannon damage/Area effect?
  • Cannon range?
  • Will it become a WvW mechanic?
  • Is it a WvW NPC or a mount? If NPC, spawn timer?

*Classics like Starcraft Siege Tank + Battlefield 2142 Battle-Walker comes to mind, any info on the WvW aspects of this mechanic & its impact on WvW? NPC spawn timer? Location? Movement Speed? With its siege, can enter towers/keeps? 🤗 Thanks!

• Like 2

If another player can sit on the back and use some kind of canon weapon then wouldn't that make this turtle a combat mount?

Interesting to think about no?

Ahh well I'm already calling this new mount the Team based mutant siegey turtle.
You can't stop me mwahahaha 
Heroes on a half shell TURTLE POWER!!! 

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Legendary weapons that are all the same. Nice. Very creative. Totally legendary (complete and utter sarcasm). Siege turtle. Really? The big idea that everyone was excited about; Giant turtle called Franklin the slow. Necro pistol? Come on man. I expected sword on necro cause that would make sense at least. Obviously no wvw mentioned cause wvw is the red headed step-child still and forever will be. ./cry

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

47 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Will it be available for WvW or just PvE maps?

Now, there's an idea! :classic_biggrin: They would be perfectly suited for a new WvW map! :classic_love:

Anyway, I'm curious to see how players will be able to decide on who the navigator and who the passengers will be without the chat becoming toxic. 😅

• Like 1

Looks interesting, but we didn't get enough about it to know if I should spend my money on it and buy the Xpac.

Didn't see people using it. Is it important to the maps? or just an extra mount added on?

We didn't see anything about the maps, if they'll be big or small, challenging or easy, why should I even use this mount? Will the game give me a reason? based on todays presentation I have no idea.

It would be interesting to see it in WVW because Siege Turtles were instrumental in the Fort Aspenwood conflicts in GW1. They were sort of akin to mobile catapults.

I remember deployable cannons being tested briefly in GW2 WVW.

There's probably a limited number of ways to use it in PVE unless it is more for RP purposes (i.e. one person is piloting and one person is shooting a weapon out the back or fishing off the back). If it's primarily a siege weapon then having it be usable on Drizzlewood coast or Silverwastes among other places with the siege mechanic would be nice.

Edited by Infusion.7149

I missed the livestream and there don't seem to be any articles yet so I'm just picking up bits on the forum but so far this is the thing I'm most excited about. 

I loved the siege turtles in GW1, both because they looked cool and because they were a fun mechanic (Fort Aspenwood was my favourite PvP mode) so having my own turtle is exciting even if they aren't very useful. 

I am very curious about how they'll work though. I just assumed they'd be a mount but it sounds like that's not the case? Possibly more like a siege golem or some other type of consumable? If so I hope they're available in PvE as well as WvW so I can just ride it around for fun. 

I suppose we'll have to wait until the betas to find out if they're any use, but I'm looking forward to it either way. 

11 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I missed the livestream and there don't seem to be any articles yet so I'm just picking up bits on the forum but so far this is the thing I'm most excited about. 

I loved the siege turtles in GW1, both because they looked cool and because they were a fun mechanic (Fort Aspenwood was my favourite PvP mode) so having my own turtle is exciting even if they aren't very useful. 

I am very curious about how they'll work though. I just assumed they'd be a mount but it sounds like that's not the case? Possibly more like a siege golem or some other type of consumable? If so I hope they're available in PvE as well as WvW so I can just ride it around for fun. 

I suppose we'll have to wait until the betas to find out if they're any use, but I'm looking forward to it either way. 

it's a 2 person mount.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/end-of-dragons/

"Siege Turtle can bear two riders: one to handle the turtle, and another to operate the weapons strapped to its shell. Raise your own walking war machine and take a friend out for combat adventures!"

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Thanks 2

It is described as a two person mount (one driver, one gunner).  I'd be flabbergasted if there weren't skins, especially as one prepurchase extra is a skiff skin.   Which for some reason I hadn't even thought of as a thing until they showed it.  If they'll skin boats, they'll skin turtles, I'm sure.

• Like 1

I am having one big question regarding its use : assuming we are playing solo, is it possible to be summoner of the mount and yet be able to operate the cannons ? Or is the one summoning the mount locked into the role of controlling the mouvement abilities ?