Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Gameplay and Elite Specializations [MERGED]

Just going to copy my post about the Virtuoso here

So there is a I like about this spec, including that it is a power damage focused spec with lots of aoe. But first some worries/misgivings. 

• First, yeah it looks a lot less mechanically interesting then Chrono or Mirage. Kind of comes with the territory of removing clones I guess and traits could do something but there doesn't seem to be any interesting interactions with blades and the skills are mostly straight forward do damage. Still there are advantages to a more straight forward class and this is the 3rd Elite Spec now so lots of choice opening up for classes.
  • Considering this looks like a power DPS class it seems weird that we are still probably going to be stuck with Sword MH. Now I like the look of Dagger, turned out much better then I was expecting, auto attack is interesting but its damage seems way too low and some nice AoE skills that don't rely on phantasms is nice to finally have.  But Sword has been are only power melee for 10 years now and it looks like we will be sticking with it while dagger will be competing with GS which is my favourite weapon in the game. Maybe with traits/numbers we will end up with D/x + GS though, who knows but that would be great.
  • Related to that and the topic of only getting a main hand again, none of our offhands really go well with a ranged aoe mainhand.
  • The 'missing' stunbreak will probably get put on one of the utilities but condition removal seems pretty low, just one on a heal if the blade hits. Looks like Mantra will be stuck on my bar still. 
  • Everything being a projectile means we can be shut down by one reflect.
  • Worried if we will have enough blade generation to be reliably using 5 blade shatters since current clone generation is based around 3. Especially as lower blade shatters look like they do less damage then other Mesmer specs.

More positive impressions.

• As I said I like how the dagger turned out. Along with utilities we have some decent none phantasm based AoE. I'm liking it. Should be good in PvE, hopefully it ends up good in WvW too. Do we know if all 3 hits of Dagger auto have to be in a row or can we throw out another skill or hit another target and then hit the first target a 3rd time to trigger the aoe?
  • While I think the phantasm rework removed most of the problems I had with illusions, except in WvW, a cloneless spec is interesting, has advantages, can be useful, like in WvW. and at the very least a nice change of pace. This is why I hope you don't gut Chorno damage as even if they are still similar they can provide different experiences and be useful in different areas.
  • Glad it wasn't another support spec. We already have Chorno and currently have Staff Mirage, don't need a third.
  • Feel like I'm the only person who likes the spell effects. Though auto attack is pretty bad and the elite isn't that great.

Can't wait to try it out in the beta.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:
Necromancer:  Pistol bullet, with this weapon would throw "vials" / "diseases". 

Oh!! You might be onto something there! The pellet/bullet is a vial shot after it's cursed by demon magic 👍

11 hours ago, Eric.7813 said:

I think ritualist on the rev is a lot more likely now. I read the description of the GW1 ritualist on the wiki, it’s seems like a good fit. Not to mention, the rev symbol on the EOD website has a close resemblance to the GW1 ritualist symbol.

- Nice find! the GW1 Ritualist symbol definitely looks similar, looks like it was merged with the Revenant 1-eye headband symbol 😁

- Was looking at the GW1 Dervish and Paragon professions, haven't found clues yet..

- Also noticed the Kabuki Oni mask could be for a heavy armor class (likely Warrior), and Necro would be the last icon with the 'cursed pellet/vial/bullet/bomb', after all the Oni was a hulking demon in folklore, and masks worn in battle were meant to intimidate enemies 👹

Updated list:

From left to right..

Sweet!! 🤓🤩

Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woop S.7851 said:

Oh!! You might be onto something there! The pellet/bullet is a vial shot after it's cursed by demon magic 👍

- Nice find! the GW1 Ritualist symbol definitely looks similar, looks like it was merged with the Revenant 1-eye headband symbol 😁

- Was looking at the GW1 Dervish and Paragon professions, haven't found clues yet..

- Also noticed the Kabuki Oni mask could be for a heavy armor class (likely Warrior), and Necro would be the last icon with the 'cursed pellet/vial/bullet/bomb', after all the Oni was a hulking demon in folklore, and masks worn in battle were meant to intimidate enemies 👹

Updated list:

From left to right..

Sweet!! 🤓🤩

I remain on the idea that the Guardian goes with the "mask of Oni" and benefits from a double-sword (left) with talismans/virtues, and that the revenant will surely be like legend Razah, to be a Samurai with Greatsword.  🥰

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

From seeing the Virtuoso and all the icons for the other Elite Specs, I am getting the vibe of none of them having any traditional Canthanese theme - they all look rather steam-punky or high-tech. :classic_unsure:

I was hyped for the Aetherblade announcement, but if that's the overall design direction for the whole expansion (except for the maps, that is), then I will be a very unhappy camper. It will feel like, "We had to invent something modern. Modern is always better!" (which is inaccurate, but hey...)

I'm happy on the contrary, if the whole expansion kinda follow a steampunk or high tech look.

What are you saying? They aren't all not traditionnal!

Haha. A samurai mask icon is futurist to you? To me not, it is traditional chinese/japon.

The beast icon which is surely ranger isn't very high techy too. Three daggers icon? Nope. The H ritualist icon one , if it kinda like gw1 ritualist is kinda ancient too. There are only two icons that looks high techy eventually: the muscle/heavy armor guy, the eyed potion because eventually tied to jade. Using magic is fantasy/medieval aka elem crystal with flame. Plus necro gun, the bullet icon is kinda medievalish pistols are old. The double saber one that may be an assassin /ninja is kind of a trationnal chinese too.

So big shrug, no icons feels not fitting apart the intriguing golem like one. Btw will be more than happy if engie get golems but I think we are getting the last icon, the bottle emitting bubbles.

You hyperbolize the thing, I definitely think they are more going into Traditional/nature versus future/high tech. The surface gonna be traditionnal and chinese architecture and culture, but the underground gonna be mostly aetherblade and steampunk and featuring asura technology (inquest) seeing the artwork during the 15 mins countdown of the stream. Mai trin fled and had a mission given by scarlet. Makes sense to find aetherblade retreat or twilight arbor aetherpath like locations.

Each its opinion, but just from the specs icons, i can't tell that they are in futuristic stuff.

As -woop S said above there are several references prooving otherwise.

I still disagree strongly on golem like icon to be engineer. Guardian icons were always enforcing/representing justice,resilence or the aspect of protection. I read it as "I'm a strong paladin and thanks to those epaulets and gauntlets I can defend the peoples in need"

The necro is bullet and nothing else.

Edited by hugo.4705

3 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

Guardian with Oni mask would work well too! 👍 Warrior with the spear icon would be even better 🥳, it'd definitely change the roles/dynamics from a melee brawler to tactician supporting allies with buffs/inspirations/songs/chants, similar to the GW1 Paragon, maybe there'll be a new surprise trident/'spear' weapon (for land use) too? 🥍😜

5 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

I remain on the idea that the Guardian goes with the "mask of Oni" and benefits from a double-sword (left) with talismans/virtues, and that the revenant will surely be like legend Razah, to be a Samurai with Greatsword.  🥰

Dual-swords might be possible too! There were definitely hints during the flashback mission "Darkrime Delves (Story)" with Bangar for the first time mentioning wanting to go to Cantha, the final boss we fight Almorra Soulkeeper (Guardian class) literally was using Dual swords, searing diagonal flames on the ground and teleporting around like a thief, her combat abilities in that mission was very unique in design, so a dual-sworded guardian is definitely a possibly 👍

Her Guardian skills in that mission from wiki:
Sword Arc
Sword of Wrath
Sword Wave

Vigil Blaze: Performs three dashes forward creating walls of blue flame behind her that deal damage.
Vigil Roar: Teleports to target, dealing damage.
Vigil's Inferno: Applies Vigil Inferno and launches aoe fireballs that leave small fire patches.
Almorra's Massacre: Creates a shield around herself that knocks back back enemies approaching her and launches a flurry of AoE fireballs across the arena.

Stolen skills

• Blinding Tuft - Throw a handful of hair, vanishing in stealth and blinding nearby foes.
  • Bone Crack - Stun your foe.
  • Tooth Stab - Stab and bleed your foe.
Edited by Woop S.7851
  • Thanks 1

I think it would dope to find out they introduce a new weapon though that's really a stretch. This is related to the icon with the arms what appears to be pauldrons.

Imagine they reveal that engineer's elite spec is a new double fist weapon. Like you're playing as Jax/Cyborg from Marvel.

The double shield idea is also cool since we haven't seen that yet. I think that would fit the idea of guardian perfectly. I guess because I like playing as support classes/builds the most.

Whatever comes, I welcome. 

Renegade was probably the closest we’ve gotten to Rit so far, please, please, PLEASE make an actual ritualist spec for Revenant in Cantha. The people demand it!!!

I don’t even care what weapon you give them, I’m just gonna run with the staff anyways lol (maybe scepter or focus? Idk/idc)

Just give me Signet of Spirits!!!

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Woop S.7851 said:

Guardian with Oni mask would work well too! 👍 Warrior with the spear icon would be even better 🥳, it'd definitely change the roles/dynamics from a melee brawler to tactician supporting allies with buffs/inspirations/songs/chants, similar to the GW1 Paragon, maybe there'll be a new surprise trident/'spear' weapon (for land use) too? 🥍😜

For me, the warrior will have a gun. (2 guns maybe !)

The logo symbolizes a firearm bullet.

11 minutes ago, Keefe.3821 said:

I also feel like the colors of the icons are a hint. 

Mesmer

Ranger 

Thief 

Elemental 

Warrior 

Revenant 

Guardian 

Engineer

Necromancer 

Where do you see icon colors? To me they are all black&gray.

• Like 1

Someone in my guild told me the golem like icon could be juggernaut, the kurzicks tree soul construct. Can be interesting, those creatures looks very cool, can be nice seeing them. The fact the head is round make me think of an human in armor, for a golem, a diamond shaped head and triangles instead of gauntlet would have made more sense. 

The elite specs icon always show the weapon used or main mechanic, here it is strange, it is like the suit in itself is the mechanic. If it was gauntlets and shoulders, the icon could have been in cross a gauntlet and a shoulder, if we speak of an inventor, a kind of adeptus mechanicus icon or a gear. It feels weird and intriguing to have a whole upper body part as icon. For the last one, it is mechanic again, cause flask/potion weapon don't exist, so surely skills like thrown with a bow? Engie already have guns. If the flask is necro, maybe it captures soul, but as ammunition, useless, it explodes in the pistol.

I'm still concerned by the golem like icon and the flask.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Keefe.3821 said:

Mesmer

Ranger 

Thief 

Elemental 

Warrior 

Revenant 

Guardian 

Engineer

Necromancer 

It is the peoples who color them, and there are several different versions.

1 hour ago, Keefe.3821 said:

Mesmer

Ranger 

Thief 

Elemental 

Warrior 

Revenant 

Guardian 

Engineer

Necromancer 

Those colors were added by the player himself to indicate his "guess."  The colors are not on any official posting of the icons from arenanet.

7 hours ago, sevenDEADLY.5281 said:

Those colors were added by the player himself to indicate his "guess."  The colors are not on any official posting of the icons from arenanet.

Exactly ! ^^'

Besides, I hesitate even to reverse the thief and the guardian on my screen. (Since they would have in my assumption the same weapons) one or the other can be appropriate.

Virtuoso input/critiques:

Keep in mind a lot of this can change over time as the E-spec is currently in Beta. Just hoping I can provide input that may be helpful. 

Concept/theming:

I happen to very much like the concept and design of this elite spec for Mesmer, epically as a dedicated Mesmer main. I remember way back when when someone posted a concept for this and then several of us joined in and started spit-balling ideas for this. I can't help but wonder if someone at Anet saw it and agreed that it was an awesome idea and here we are today.

As much as I enjoy the sound of Virtuoso as the E-specs name I have to agree with many others that it just does not feel like it fits the concept and theme of a ranged damage dealer that uses a dagger. Name suggestions, just to get peoples gears turning to see if we can come up with a name that better fits the concept could be;

Bladesong, Mind Stab (yes, a play on the f1 shatter), Phantasmal Blade, and Delusory Blade. Note these can also work as skill names too!

As others have stated I too would like to see an offhand dagger add too.

I'd also like to see boon stripping as a bigger theme for this E-spec too. Tough I'm not sure where exactly to fit this in currently.

Skills: animations, naming, and affects:

Dagger:

Flying Cutter (dagger auto attack/1):

Animation: As others have stated the animation currently is lackluster so too is the casting of simply moving left and right. I'd like to see the dagger throw skill animation applied to this, similar to the thief offhand dagger skill 4. Better yet, as others have stated a more rhythmic motion such as someone conducting an orchestra. The skill animation being just a big purple cut/slash is lackluster too. The stocked blade appearance is amazing, I'd love to see this used as the skill affect for this attack where we're throwing these illusionary daggers instead of a big purple cut/slash affect. 

Naming: Phantasmal Blade or Delusory Blade.

Affect: The affect of the skill is decent in doing extra damage on the third hit, but I would not mind seeing the third affect be a bit more punishing by applying  vulnerability/slow or rewarding the Virtuoso with a stock blade.

Bladecall (dagger 2):

Animation: The only critique here is the attack appearance, same as the dagger 1. I would prefer to have it look like a dagger/blade.  Even better it could be an illusionary dagger that breaks in to purple shards (the shatter affect when we shatter clones would work for this) when it hits something and then reforms back into a dagger on its return.

Unstable Bladestorm (dagger 3):

This one is hard to critique with out seeing the tool tip.

Animation:  Very visually loud, but cool. Maye need toning down. Another concept could just be a massive illusionary blade/sword that floats in a straight path and shatters and reforms at an certain interval, similar to the concept for skill 2 just a much lager blade. It would deal damage to targets  it pass through as well as ranged damage when it shatters and melee damage when it reforms, again doing this at timed intervals. 

Name: If using the above animation concept Unstable Blade would fit better.

Offhand Dagger concepts:

Delusory Blades/ Blade Dance(dagger 4):

2 part ability:

Summons a phantasm that spins around throwing illusionary daggers at targets (similar to the dagger storm animation, of course damage and affect would be much weaker). Activate this skill again to shatter and switch places with this phantasm. Deals damage when shattered. Again, the shatter affect would be the same as what was mentioned above for skills 2 and 3. If not shattered gain 1 stock blade.

Dagger 5, currently unsure of a name.

Summon 4 Big/MASSIVE  purple/transparent hands (same as what the phantasms look like) around the Virtuoso that knocks back foes. For each enemy hit gain 1 stock blade. Enemies hit gain slow and/or vulnerability or gain a specific boon (might? Random boon concept for Mesmer is very annoying and consistency would be much more preferable) for each foe hit.

Profession Mechanic f1-4:

I happen to like the animation for most of these, sadly though the affects, expect for f4 are still the same and this is very disappointing.

Another issue I see as well with the entirety of the class is that all of the skills are projectiles. This is a major problem when looking at competitive modes such as Spvp and WvW where there are a lot of ways to deny/ block projectiles. Unless there is a trait to alleviate this, this will need to be considered/looked into.

Bladesong Harmony f1:

Naming: Harmony seems like an odd name choice for a skill that causes damage, i.e. pain. Bladesong Requiem, Forte, Fortissimo,  Ballet, or Symphony.

Affect: Keeping this as the go to damage shatter seems fine to me, even tough it is still the same thing as the other f1 skills. I'd like to see this skill do extra damage to targets afflicted with immobilize and/or slow.

Bladesong Sorrow f2:

Naming: BladeSong Fermata or Sonata.

Affect: This one is the biggest outlier, though this can change depending on the traits. Seeing how  virtuoso is a damage spec this shatter is just about useless. I'd like to see this ability replaced with the affect of sword of decimation and have sword of decimation replaced. For each stock blade consumed the target(s) are immobilized for 0.25-0.5 seconds giving a max of 1.25-2.5 seconds.

Bladesong Dissonance f3:

Animation: For this skill I'd like to see the stock blades fire off and then merge into one massive blade that hits its target(s).

Naming: Bladesong Coda, Concerto, Orchestral or Renaissance.

Affect: I'd like to make an addition to this skills affect it make it more rewarding if using 5 blades and punishing for not paying attention to the Virtuoso's blade count. If fired with 5 blades stuns for 1-2 seconds instead of dazing. Or if the target is immobilized and/or slowed stuns instead of dazes.

Bladesong Requiem  F4:

Naming:  Bladesong Harmony fits better here.

Affect: The duration of the block should also increase pre blade spent. Around 0.5-0.75 seconds pre stock blade. Lower or remove damage and instead apply slow to targets hit.

Healing:

Twin Blade Restoration: 

Naming: Twin Blade Renewal, then change Blade Renewal to Restoration.

Animation: The stocked blade appearance is amazing, I'd love to see this used as the skill animation for this attack too. 

Affect: Upgrade to 2-3 conditions cleansed.

Utilities:

Blade Renewal:

Naming: Change to Blade Restoration as we're restoring our blades.

Affect: This skill seems very strong maybe even overpowered especially considering we (Mesmers) have mimic. I'd reduce the CD to 40-50 seconds and then change it the affect to "Channel and gain distortion and cleanse a maximum of 5 conditions , for each condition cleansed gain 1 blade. If no conditions are cleansed gain 2 (maybe 3) blades.

Rain of Swords:

Animation: Got to give credit here as the animation is amazing!

Naming: Requiem of Swords.

Psychic Force:

Animation: If not doing a dagger offhand then use the concept from dagger 5. Big/MASSIVE  purple/transparent hands (same as what the phantasms look like) push outwards from the Virtuoso pushing enemies backs. 

Naming: Psychic Push? Not sure on this one, need a name that better fits the E-spec theme.

Affect: Summon 4 MASSIVE transparent purple hands around the Virtuoso that knocks back foes. For each enemy hit gain 1 stock blade. Enemies hit gain slow and/or vulnerability or gain a specific boon (might?) for each foe hit.

Sword Of Decimation:

Again would like to see this skill's current affect applied to the f2 skill.

Animation & affect Summon a fan of swords that sweeps in front of the Virtuoso dazing enemies that are hit, if below the health threshold (say 50-75%) immobilizes them. Deals extra damage to foes that are already controlled, downed, and immobilized. 

Naming: Swords of Decimation or Blades of Decimation.

Elite:

Thousand Cuts:

Animation: I'd like to see the same animation affect used for the f1-3 skills where there are small purple portals and the stock blades are launched form them used for this ability. However, its  a massive wall of these small/large swirly purple portals/ vortexes and a volley of blades comes flying out in a stream or pulses/waves. The concept for this not surprisingly comes from the Fate Anime and the character Gilgamesh and his Gate of Babylon ability. There are Gifs and a picture attached below to help provided a better depiction of what this could look like.

Gate of Babylon

GOB 2

GOB Picture

Naming: A Thousand Blades.

Affect: Open a wall of portals that fires off an arsenal of blades in several volleys or a contuses stream (do not want it to look like a big purple beam which it currently sort of does.) Deals high damage, damage is increased/double to foes afflicted with immobilize, slow, or a control affect.

That wraps up my input, I have a lot more I'd like to put but I've spent enough time as it is coming up with all of this with little to no hope will it make an impact or a developer will see it. Sadly, with the way commutation has been and the way the forums and balance has been handle since PoF has me very burnt. This is why I rarely invest my time in posting information on the forums anymore because I do not feel it is viewed by the developers.  

If you have any input/ critiques of your own feel free to comment/give your input, just be mature and polite about it, looking for constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading my wall of text that I put way too much time into!

Edited by Jojo.6590
Fixed picture link & grammar.
  • Thanks 2

My money is on the follow for EoD Elite specs (left to right, top to bottom)

1.       Mesmer – ofc

2.       Ranger

3.       Guardian

4.       Elementalist

5.       Thief

6.       Revenant

7.       Necromancer

8.       Engineer

9.       Warrior

This follows a pattern of light/medium/heavy which I think the devs have done without knowing it.

7 hours ago, phandaria.4891 said:

Bladesinger is better fitting name than Virtuoso. I am not sure where does that Virtuoso idea came up, since the mechanic already named Bladesong and Bladesinger is a common DnD archetype which is easier to understand for most people.

Straight from Google: A virtuoso is an individual who possesses outstanding talent and technical ability in a particular art or field such as fine arts, music, singing, playing a musical instrument, or composition.

Nothing wrong with the name IMO. would have made more sense to give mesmer horn and change skills/mechs to songs instead of bladesongs.

On 7/28/2021 at 1:44 AM, AXLIB.8425 said:

And that is the third expansion without more than 3 weapon skills for only mesmer, yeah 😞

so the entire elite is just core mesmer without clones? the shatter are all the same expect for the last one. f2 still has confusion which is a joke of a condi in pve for a power focus spec. at least my clone don't die now since others won't be attacking it, oh wait, so i'm just going to die in pvp since mesmer have no sustain, just look at chrono in pvp.

I was so hyped about everything until this mesmer elite, especially when you guys said the new elites will offer a unique and new way to play your profession, but this seems like it is still just going to be same power mesmer gameplay we that we already have with chrono, you summon clones, but now they are daggers, you instead of order them to die you now throw them at others, oh wait its a projectile, at least clones don't reflect their damage back at me. if the new spec is just going to be basic power dps number 4 at least make chrono a better support, better yet give chrono a way to heal probably that don't relies on shattering and your allies standing in your well for 3 secs straight so i can ignore this spec and finally play a healing mesmer support like i always wanted.

Everything else is great with the expectation of  new legendary being a set rather then each being a unique weapon. 

this is just going back to the chrono tank meta. 

On 8/1/2021 at 1:56 AM, Jojo.6590 said:

Virtuoso input/critiques:

Keep in mind a lot of this can change over time as the E-spec is currently in Beta. Just hoping I can provide input that may be helpful. 

Concept/theming:

I happen to very much like the concept and design of this elite spec for Mesmer, epically as a dedicated Mesmer main. I remember way back when when someone posted a concept for this and then several of us joined in and started spit-balling ideas for this. I can't help but wonder if someone at Anet saw it and agreed that it was an awesome idea and here we are today.

As much as I enjoy the sound of Virtuoso as the E-specs name I have to agree with many others that it just does not feel like it fits the concept and theme of a ranged damage dealer that uses a dagger. Name suggestions, just to get peoples gears turning to see if we can come up with a name that better fits the concept could be;

Bladesong, Mind Stab (yes, a play on the f1 shatter), Phantasmal Blade, and Delusory Blade. Note these can also work as skill names too!

As others have stated I too would like to see an offhand dagger add too.

I'd also like to see boon stripping as a bigger theme for this E-spec too. Tough I'm not sure where exactly to fit this in currently.

Skills: animations, naming, and affects:

Dagger:

Flying Cutter (dagger auto attack/1):

Animation: As others have stated the animation currently is lackluster so too is the casting of simply moving left and right. I'd like to see the dagger throw skill animation applied to this, similar to the thief offhand dagger skill 4. Better yet, as others have stated a more rhythmic motion such as someone conducting an orchestra. The skill animation being just a big purple cut/slash is lackluster too. The stocked blade appearance is amazing, I'd love to see this used as the skill affect for this attack where we're throwing these illusionary daggers instead of a big purple cut/slash affect. 

Naming: Phantasmal Blade or Delusory Blade.

Affect: The affect of the skill is decent in doing extra damage on the third hit, but I would not mind seeing the third affect be a bit more punishing by applying  vulnerability/slow or rewarding the Virtuoso with a stock blade.

Bladecall (dagger 2):

Animation: The only critique here is the attack appearance, same as the dagger 1. I would prefer to have it look like a dagger/blade.  Even better it could be an illusionary dagger that breaks in to purple shards (the shatter affect when we shatter clones would work for this) when it hits something and then reforms back into a dagger on its return.

Unstable Bladestorm (dagger 3):

This one is hard to critique with out seeing the tool tip.

Animation:  Very visually loud, but cool. Maye need toning down. Another concept could just be a massive illusionary blade/sword that floats in a straight path and shatters and reforms at an certain interval, similar to the concept for skill 2 just a much lager blade. It would deal damage to targets  it pass through as well as ranged damage when it shatters and melee damage when it reforms, again doing this at timed intervals. 

Name: If using the above animation concept Unstable Blade would fit better.

Offhand Dagger concepts:

Delusory Blades/ Blade Dance(dagger 4):

2 part ability:

Summons a phantasm that spins around throwing illusionary daggers at targets (similar to the dagger storm animation, of course damage and affect would be much weaker). Activate this skill again to shatter and switch places with this phantasm. Deals damage when shattered. Again, the shatter affect would be the same as what was mentioned above for skills 2 and 3. If not shattered gain 1 stock blade.

Dagger 5, currently unsure of a name.

Summon 4 Big/MASSIVE  purple/transparent hands (same as what the phantasms look like) around the Virtuoso that knocks back foes. For each enemy hit gain 1 stock blade. Enemies hit gain slow and/or vulnerability or gain a specific boon (might? Random boon concept for Mesmer is very annoying and consistency would be much more preferable) for each foe hit.

Profession Mechanic f1-4:

I happen to like the animation for most of these, sadly though the affects, expect for f4 are still the same and this is very disappointing.

Another issue I see as well with the entirety of the class is that all of the skills are projectiles. This is a major problem when looking at competitive modes such as Spvp and WvW where there are a lot of ways to deny/ block projectiles. Unless there is a trait to alleviate this, this will need to be considered/looked into.

Bladesong Harmony f1:

Naming: Harmony seems like an odd name choice for a skill that causes damage, i.e. pain. Bladesong Requiem, Forte, Fortissimo,  Ballet, or Symphony.

Affect: Keeping this as the go to damage shatter seems fine to me, even tough it is still the same thing as the other f1 skills. I'd like to see this skill do extra damage to targets afflicted with immobilize and/or slow.

Bladesong Sorrow f2:

Naming: BladeSong Fermata or Sonata.

Affect: This one is the biggest outlier, though this can change depending on the traits. Seeing how  virtuoso is a damage spec this shatter is just about useless. I'd like to see this ability replaced with the affect of sword of decimation and have sword of decimation replaced. For each stock blade consumed the target(s) are immobilized for 0.25-0.5 seconds giving a max of 1.25-2.5 seconds.

Bladesong Dissonance f3:

Animation: For this skill I'd like to see the stock blades fire off and then merge into one massive blade that hits its target(s).

Naming: Bladesong Coda, Concerto, Orchestral or Renaissance.

Affect: I'd like to make an addition to this skills affect it make it more rewarding if using 5 blades and punishing for not paying attention to the Virtuoso's blade count. If fired with 5 blades stuns for 1-2 seconds instead of dazing. Or if the target is immobilized and/or slowed stuns instead of dazes.

Bladesong Requiem  F4:

Naming:  Bladesong Harmony fits better here.

Affect: The duration of the block should also increase pre blade spent. Around 0.5-0.75 seconds pre stock blade. Lower or remove damage and instead apply slow to targets hit.

Healing:

Twin Blade Restoration: 

Naming: Twin Blade Renewal, then change Blade Renewal to Restoration.

Animation: The stocked blade appearance is amazing, I'd love to see this used as the skill animation for this attack too. 

Affect: Upgrade to 2-3 conditions cleansed.

Utilities:

Blade Renewal:

Naming: Change to Blade Restoration as we're restoring our blades.

Affect: This skill seems very strong maybe even overpowered especially considering we (Mesmers) have mimic. I'd reduce the CD to 40-50 seconds and then change it the affect to "Channel and gain distortion and cleanse a maximum of 5 conditions , for each condition cleansed gain 1 blade. If no conditions are cleansed gain 2 (maybe 3) blades.

Rain of Swords:

Animation: Got to give credit here as the animation is amazing!

Naming: Requiem of Swords.

Psychic Force:

Animation: If not doing a dagger offhand then use the concept from dagger 5. Big/MASSIVE  purple/transparent hands (same as what the phantasms look like) push outwards from the Virtuoso pushing enemies backs. 

Naming: Psychic Push? Not sure on this one, need a name that better fits the E-spec theme.

Affect: Summon 4 MASSIVE transparent purple hands around the Virtuoso that knocks back foes. For each enemy hit gain 1 stock blade. Enemies hit gain slow and/or vulnerability or gain a specific boon (might?) for each foe hit.

Sword Of Decimation:

Again would like to see this skill's current affect applied to the f2 skill.

Animation & affect Summon a fan of swords that sweeps in front of the Virtuoso dazing enemies that are hit, if below the health threshold (say 50-75%) immobilizes them. Deals extra damage to foes that are already controlled, downed, and immobilized. 

Naming: Swords of Decimation or Blades of Decimation.

Elite:

Thousand Cuts:

Animation: I'd like to see the same animation affect used for the f1-3 skills where there are small purple portals and the stock blades are launched form them used for this ability. However, its  a massive wall of these small/large swirly purple portals/ vortexes and a volley of blades comes flying out in a stream or pulses/waves. The concept for this not surprisingly comes from the Fate Anime and the character Gilgamesh and his Gate of Babylon ability. There are Gifs and a picture attached below to help provided a better depiction of what this could look like.

Gate of Babylon

GOB 2

GOB Picture

Naming: A Thousand Blades.

Affect: Open a wall of portals that fires off an arsenal of blades in several volleys or a contuses stream (do not want it to look like a big purple beam which it currently sort of does.) Deals high damage, damage is increased/double to foes afflicted with immobilize, slow, or a control affect.

That wraps up my input, I have a lot more I'd like to put but I've spent enough time as it is coming up with all of this with little to no hope will it make an impact or a developer will see it. Sadly, with the way commutation has been and the way the forums and balance has been handle since PoF has me very burnt. This is why I rarely invest my time in posting information on the forums anymore because I do not feel it is viewed by the developers.  

If you have any input/ critiques of your own feel free to comment/give your input, just be mature and polite about it, looking for constructive feedback.

Thank you for reading my wall of text that I put way too much time into!

I feel ANet is just trying to blend the concept of a psionic and a bard together.  I can only imagine that they would have different soundtracks play for each skill ability just to make it fit. I think ANet tries so hard to be different. They are giving people what they want, just not how they want it. After time goes by, we'll adjust and start speculating the next round of elites.