Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Gameplay and Elite Specializations [MERGED]

I just realized when digging around the Guild Wars Wiki that the Elementalist logo was similar to the Elementalist Elite Specialization ! Look !

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elemetalist

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/3/3c/Elementalist-tango-icon-200.png

I don't know why, but I just thought of something, like a feeling or an intuition that an "Arcanist" is going to have. 

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 2

Is it possible that the elite specs will take their names/some inspiration from the gw1 insignias? Virtuoso's insignia in gw1 now we have a Virtuoso. The elite spec icon with the flame around a diamond shape could be reference to the ele Prismatic insignia, etc. if you build upon the idea of a Prismatic ele it could be something like 1-4 are element based and 5 is a elemental combo of all 5 once attacks are stacked or something. It just makes me think of old gw1 eles where there were endless combinations and your skill bar wasn't just one element

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bleue.1890 said:

Is it possible that the elite specs will take their names/some inspiration from the gw1 insignias? Virtuoso's insignia in gw1 now we have a Virtuoso. The elite spec icon with the flame around a diamond shape could be reference to the ele Prismatic insignia, etc. if you build upon the idea of a Prismatic ele it could be something like 1-4 are element based and 5 is a elemental combo of all 5 once attacks are stacked or something. It just makes me think of old gw1 eles where there were endless combinations and your skill bar wasn't just one element

Based on that theory which is a strong theory based on the evidence provided, I would like to guess that the revenant will be a shaman based on the icon looking like a revenant/ritualist crossover with the shaman insignia.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, bleue.1890 said:

The elite spec icon with the flame around a diamond shape could be reference to the ele Prismatic insignia, etc. if you build upon the idea of a Prismatic ele it could be something like 1-4 are element based and 5 is a elemental combo of all 5 once attacks are stacked or something. It just makes me think of old gw1 eles where there were endless combinations and your skill bar wasn't just one element

That seems like a pretty sound theory. Weavers already combine elements, but with Virtuoso being a sort of simpler Mesmer without the main gimmick, I could see the new Elementalist removing the element swapping in favor of each weapon being prismatic. Elementalists already received weapon swapping awhile ago, so such a spec wouldn't have to be handicapped in options. I would hope that not every new spec is going to simplify the profession the way Virtuoso does, but it sets a precedent that others could be. Also, it's always possible that such a spec doesn't remove its complexity as much as move it elsewhere.

One detail about the elite spec reveals: I think quite alot of people were expecting the necromancer elite spec to get showcased today, to bridge the time to the beta and also a teaser for another elite spec at the usual time.

It didn't happen yet. I just wish that Anet communicates this stuff about the reveals a bit more with us, so we know when to expect new info and where we will get it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

One detail about the elite spec reveals: I think quite alot of people were expecting the necromancer elite spec to get showcased today, to bridge the time to the beta and also a teaser for another elite spec at the usual time.

It didn't happen yet. I just wish that Anet communicates this stuff about the reveals a bit more with us, so we know when to expect new info and where we will get it.

There is a IGN article that said that each friday anet will do a livestream about the expansion. Still anet has not communicated about this. Maybe they will do the elite specs reveal in this way weekly before the betas. 

• Like 1

Dear Anet-Team,

the you Guild-Hall you created is so astonishing beautiful that me and my Guild will have to try it. However, being the owner of Windswept Haven the regret of loss is always there. The only way around would be to create a new Guild in order to keep both Halls with all investment being gone.

This would not be very economic in technical terms, apart form the sentimental value a group places into a place they built together. So why not have 2-3 places like that?

As the number of possible guild halls grows, each one we cannot decorate(lets be honest, they're a builders playground) is a possible loss of: Playtime and fun among many other things like the social interaction of assigning building spots for members etc.

I would be willing to purchase with gems Guildhall spots, so that one Guild can activate different Guild Halls. Let's be honest here: You would not be able to put work into such a feature without return on investment. Every member in a Guild could contribute by getting Gems for Gold or Gems for real money.  I obviously cannot assess how difficult it would be to iterare the existing system to implement the feature, but paying 100G each time and redoing the mission isn't a good option, and limits the possibilities for Guilds without obvious reason, in a game was from the start oriented in helping the community, instead of imposing barriers.

Think of the possibilities like seasonal changes, vast playgrounds for builders and so on. This feature would go well along with the new rafts: We could fish in different halls.

However, I hope you consider the idea - in the long run it would improve the possibilities for guilds. Certainly, people might say "not possible" , or "too much work" - but Bethesda did in F76 just the very thing I'm suggesting here: Multiple Camps for the players - a slot for the currency that is similar to Gems in GW2. It was a great improvement there for everyone - so I hope you consider having multiple Guild Halls in some form for GW2 too. The ones we cannot have are just too beautiful to skip.

Regards

• Confused 1

So I suppose this go here since it is Gameplay.

First at all; thanks for the amazing new Guild Hall " Isle of Reflection ", it is promising and I hope it contains several exploitable open door Chinese house to allow decorators to make a home in them and at least, one or two beaches.

Secondly, as a scribe since HoT and didn't saw a developing diversity of decorations. Always human. With, only lately, during Icebrood Saga, a few Norn and Charr themed ones. Aetherblades will surely have a great part in End Of Dragons story, and so it is the minimum and it will be greatly apreaciated if you give us Aetherblade decorations: Small ones but also large scale ones.

Asuran crate, Force fields doors, Hologram projector, Metal grid floors, Airship and so on.

To quote the stream, Andrew Gray said "I'm most excited to see how guild decorators use this space"..."When we build this one we specifically have in mind we wanted to leave lots of space for them to be able to build all crazy adventures in there".

This is nice to hear, but in 7 years now, all I saw is human centered decorations. That's enough. Has to change!!! More charrs, Asura, Norn and sylvari decorations. It is IMPOSSIBLE to design a proper lab nor other than human homein guild hall. It's nice to have a space to decorate, but i you don't have the tools to do it...

1- No stairs. REALLY. NO STAIRS. Even ramp are quite non-existent, only ramp racetrack and sab grass ramp.

2- No ASURA decorations in 7 years. As a decorator that what annoys me the most. The only one, is the fractal console, and it cost too much to make. Just like the dragon holograms. Can we have asura decos? Lab benches, crates, force fields, floor tiles, asura house, signpost, experiment beaker, hexagon platform... hope at least that we get aetherblade ones.

Frankly, cheap on charrs ones too, could have charr tents, dominion and united legion banners, charr metal house.

3- No proper WALLS. That aren't huge like labyrinth, nor too small like elegant ones.

4- No sink nor toilet nor swimming pool or basin available as deco.

5- More style of chairs and beds? Hammock? Lounge chairs? All the ones in the chair of the world/tyria achievement? Players should have been able to purchase any of the chair of the achievement as decoration after completing it.

6- The bigger annoyance is the decoration cap, and nothing has been done regarding that to make decorators life easier. That, and the ability to rotate in any axis decorations and modify there size.

If I see those resolved, then maybe I will agree of decorators being listened to. And caring of them, currently, no. Even a scribe 500 will be very warmly welcomed.

Currently:

->Architecture. 76 Decorations. gilded banner still bugged and not obtainable, Unacceptable. 49 Decorations Humans.

->Furniture. 53 Decorations. All human related.

->Lighting. 22 Decorations. All human related.

->Plants. 71 Decorations. All humans related.

->Statuary. 38 Decorations. All humans related apart 2: Charr statue, Raven spirit Statue.

->trophies. 139 Decorations. Well, raids. Always surprised about them, if raids have decorations, why each living world episodes have its own set of guild decorations?

->Festival. 162 Decorations. 37 Super adventure box one, but most of the others is about Human festivals apart maybe dragon bash ones that are kind of norn.

->Monuments. 10 Decorations. 3 Norn spirit sanctuaries + 1 owl statue.

->Others. 65 Decorations. 24 WvW ones, several humans ones.

• Like 1

Reposting a link for the NEXT elite spec to be shown next week. Someone raised the brightness on this hidden reveal, what do you guys think it is?

I'm going to assume it's the Thief. When brightened, the colours seem dark and I'm guessing they will get off hand sword. Though some parts of the body look like heavy armour pieces so I could be wrong.

Edited by Tseison.4659
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Reposting a link for the NEXT elite spec to be shown next week. Someone raised the brightness on this hidden reveal, what do you guys think it is?

I'm going to assume it's the Thief. When brightened, the colours seem dark and I'm guessing they will get off hand sword. Though some parts of the body look like heavy armour pieces so I could be wrong.

It's wearing heavy armor, both rev and war already have double sword, has to be guardian

• Like 2

For the icons, most can agree the Virtuoso is the 3 daggers and this new one is probably going to be the crossed swords. Are they showing the elite specs in order of the icons? If so does that mean the necro is going to use the 2nd icon in the group (the beast looking one) or are they just doing that to throw people off? 

Just curious that all the elite spec artworks from hot&pof only show their unlock weapon, for example,  berserker hold a torch while the other hand is empty, chrono/soulbeast/holo/weaver/etc also the same. Why the latest one showing 2 dw swords if it gonna unlock only off hand one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you haven't seen it yet, people are comparing it to Warlord's armor:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E79VAe1XoAAwKwf?format=jpg&name=medium 

It's really looking like he's wearing heavy armor the more I look at it.  Which would make it a Guardian off hand sword spec and a bummer for me as I was hoping for DW swords Thief/Assassin reveal. 😥 Still holding out hope tho.  The 2nd to last icon on the could represent a dual sword Guardian (they kind of look like blades) and that would leave the dual swords with the diamonds as thief. 🤞

*Edit...
 More evidence pointing towards heavy armor: https://imgur.com/n2wyO2I

Edited by Golvellius.7856

On 8/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, Tseison.4659 said:

I'm going to go with the Guardian camp. That looks like heavy armor to me and it is the one heavy class that currently does not have dual swords.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2021 at 5:03 PM, rylien.3824 said:

I just realized when digging around the Guild Wars Wiki that the Elementalist logo was similar to the Elementalist Elite Specialization ! Look !

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Elemetalist

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/3/3c/Elementalist-tango-icon-200.png

I don't know why, but I just thought of something, like a feeling or an intuition that an "Arcanist" is going to have. 

check this out

Dirge_of_Balthazar.png (128×128) (guildwars2.com)

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Confused 3

On 8/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, Exatherion.3075 said:

Dear Anet-Team,

the you Guild-Hall you created is so astonishing beautiful that me and my Guild will have to try it. However, being the owner of Windswept Haven the regret of loss is always there. The only way around would be to create a new Guild in order to keep both Halls with all investment being gone.

This would not be very economic in technical terms, apart form the sentimental value a group places into a place they built together. So why not have 2-3 places like that?

As the number of possible guild halls grows, each one we cannot decorate(lets be honest, they're a builders playground) is a possible loss of: Playtime and fun among many other things like the social interaction of assigning building spots for members etc.

I would be willing to purchase with gems Guildhall spots, so that one Guild can activate different Guild Halls. Let's be honest here: You would not be able to put work into such a feature without return on investment. Every member in a Guild could contribute by getting Gems for Gold or Gems for real money.  I obviously cannot assess how difficult it would be to iterare the existing system to implement the feature, but paying 100G each time and redoing the mission isn't a good option, and limits the possibilities for Guilds without obvious reason, in a game was from the start oriented in helping the community, instead of imposing barriers.

Think of the possibilities like seasonal changes, vast playgrounds for builders and so on. This feature would go well along with the new rafts: We could fish in different halls.

However, I hope you consider the idea - in the long run it would improve the possibilities for guilds. Certainly, people might say "not possible" , or "too much work" - but Bethesda did in F76 just the very thing I'm suggesting here: Multiple Camps for the players - a slot for the currency that is similar to Gems in GW2. It was a great improvement there for everyone - so I hope you consider having multiple Guild Halls in some form for GW2 too. The ones we cannot have are just too beautiful to skip.

Regards

I just want my market kitties from windswept to follow me to the new guild hall. Everything else can go!

On 8/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, WERN.2836 said:

Just curious that all the elite spec artworks from hot&pof only show their unlock weapon, for example,  berserker hold a torch while the other hand is empty, chrono/soulbeast/holo/weaver/etc also the same. Why the latest one showing 2 dw swords if it gonna unlock only off hand one?

I don't think there's much credibility to this theory. Of the classes, the only one that can't use mainhand sword in any fashion is necro, and that's strongly unlikely given the two silhouettes we've seen. I doubt the mainhand sword is going to get new skills from the elite, either. Then again, if they're "breaking rules" with these elites, it's all possible, however unlikely. I'm going to say it's just gaining offhand sword, and the mainhand is there because it looked better/cooler. Or, like, people might think it's a leftie swordman instead of just offhand sword.