Siege Turtle

It will move across maps and players will have to defend or kill the turtle. When turtle reaches any gate, it oneshots the gate and moving to  the next gate.

All current sieges are deleted with the introduction of a turtle. Pleyrs will not be able to sit on arrow carts all day long, you eiter kill enemy turtle or your precius SM will be opened for open field fight. The more skilled players win.

Low skill servers like Aurora Glade, Drakkaer Lake, Desolation and Piken will be destoyed with the introduction of a turtle, becasue they will have to fight while not being skilled enough for that.

Edited by Daredevil.2745
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I bet:

It takes less damage from players and siege (like Iron Hide, and will stack with Iron Hide)

Will be SLOW AF

Can damage Walls and gates, but takes supply

Can't be unmounted by Warclaw Lance

Can carry other players

Other player's can fire canon with their supply

Forums will QQ hard and its damage reduction and siege attack will be nerfed to nothing because we cannot have nice things apparently.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I bet:

It takes less damage from players and siege (like Iron Hide, and will stack with Iron Hide)

Will be SLOW AF

Can damage Walls and gates, but takes supply

Can't be unmounted by Warclaw Lance

Can carry other players

Other player's can fire canon with their supply

Forums will QQ hard and its damage reduction and siege attack will be nerfed to nothing because we cannot have nice things apparently.

Well, I'm actually hoping for smash up derby Siege Turtles.

23 minutes ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

Why anyone here thinks the Siege Turtle is a WvW thing? Did I miss the announcement on this? It sounded like a new PvE mount.

The wording of the first beta weekend. Something like "you'll be able to play with the elite specs and the siege turtle in existing pve content, wvw, and pvp". 

I doubt its a WvW mount but i dno. 

36 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

The wording of the first beta weekend. Something like "you'll be able to play with the elite specs and the siege turtle in existing pve content, wvw, and pvp". 

I doubt its a WvW mount but i dno. 

That might as well imply the siege turtle is for sPvP. Which I highly doubt, meaning the sentence is quite loosely connected on what belongs where. 

Regardless if this is for WvW its yet another "why the kitten do you invent new things when we havent even gotten the old things" moment. There's already a perfectly good golem model thats never been used in WvW that could be made into a mobile artillery variant.

But having seen the clip of it while writing this, its obvious it has nothing to do with WvW. Its a PvE mount. You dont "explore the map" in WvW.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That might as well imply the siege turtle is for sPvP. Which I highly doubt, meaning the sentence is quite loosely connected on what belongs where. 

Regardless if this is for WvW its yet another "why the kitten do you invent new things when we havent even gotten the old things" moment. There's already a perfectly good golem model thats never been used in WvW that could be made into a mobile artillery variant.

But having seen the clip of it while writing this, its obvious it has nothing to do with WvW. Its a PvE mount. You dont "explore the map" in WvW.

I can't imagine it would be for open pve instead of WvW unless it's another pve map with quasi WvW mechanics. But then you're probably right since a multiple player mount can make money off of skins on the store. I can definitely imagine Anet saying something like "explore the map" in a WvW add being tone def to just how small and routine this mode ends up being. 

I hope siege turtles are the first step to mount combat for any content. Now imagine the warclaws with ammunition lances range attacking while running, without dismounting unless the players chooses the correct ammunition for the lances. Then you get both a light (warclaw) and a heavy (siege turtle) mount to fight. Unless siege turtles are the tip of the iceberg and a full 5 man party mount is brought over, as well as the TB Tanks we used in IBS. That plus the very light Dune rollers which already exists as tanks. perfection. World of Tanks for wvw pls

xd

• Like 1

8 hours ago, derlistigeuhu.1658 said:

Why anyone here thinks the Siege Turtle is a WvW thing? Did I miss the announcement on this? It sounded like a new PvE mount.

Because of the name and because it makes sense. There isn't a single PvE mount that makes sense in WvW:

Raptor: we have Warclaw

Rabbit: could jump over walls

Jackal: there are no sand portals

Skimmer: simply useless

Roller Beetle: maps aren't big enough

Flying mounts: self-explanatory

But a mount which main ability seems to be SIEGING structures? Which also is presumably slow so it can't be used to travel or escape from enemies? Add something like supply requirements or 30-60s CD to mount on it and you have a perfect mount for WvW that can be used to take down walls and gates.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Because of the name and because it makes sense. There isn't a single PvE mount that makes sense in WvW:

Raptor: we have Warclaw

Rabbit: could jump over walls

Jackal: there are no sand portals

Skimmer: simply useless

Roller Beetle: maps aren't big enough

Flying mounts: self-explanatory

But a mount which main ability seems to be SIEGING structures? Which also is presumably slow so it can't be used to travel or escape from enemies? Add something like supply requirements or 30-60s CD to mount on it and you have a perfect mount for WvW that can be used to take down walls and gates.

Except its a GW1 thing. Which didnt have WvW. Its a PvE mount 99% certain. If you want to know why then more than likely they are expanding the "prototype" PvEvWvW Drizzlewood map into larger scale maps that probably involves assaulting Canthan fortresses.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You where talking about the "name" and how it "makes sense". If it was in GW1, it literally dont in relation to WvW.

SIEGE turtle. where else you can actually "siege" things? theme: a giant turtle with huge guns on it's back, mobile artillery bits.

even if you ignore where it was used before, those seems fitting to wvw setting.

As for where it was actually used, well they were mainly seen in two places: canthan story (pve) and canthan PvP modes. One of which is precedessor to current conquest mode, and other is precedessor to, lo and behold, WvW. Not to mention same expansion giving alliance battles, which again was conceptually pretty darn close to what wvw ended to be.

That being said I dunno if they would actually do it, as there are some... technicalities, that would need to be worked around to even think of making it work.

So I think I will await for more info before I get hyped....

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

SIEGE turtle. where else you can actually "siege" things?

... in PvE. Drizzlewood literally have WvW siege brought over to PvE.

If its going to be available in WvW then oh boy are people going to be disappointed because you know we can already siege with our mounts right? Its absolute garbage. Its not going to make normal siege redundant because that would severely imbalance WvW - its just going to be a complete waste of supplies.

And I am still 99% certain its PvE only.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Thanks 2