Issue on Pre purchase EoD

Support just got back to me.  They have confirmed my theory and are in the process of issuing me a refund.

Hello,

We apologize for the delayed response; we've been handling and receiving a high volume of tickets recently.

The reason why you are having an issue with redeeming the serial code for your Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons - Collection Ultimate is because you already have a Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire - Ultimate Edition applied to your account. Please take note that serial codes having the same features do not stack in one account.

That being said, we can look into refunding your Collection Ultimate purchase so you can use the funds to purchase the End of Dragons - Ultimate Edition. Please note that the code that you are requesting a refund for will be permanently disabled. If you haven't used the code, the code cannot be registered.

If you understand and agree to the terms of the refund stated above, please reply with your confirmation so that we may begin the refund process.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Skaarf
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

13 minutes ago, Kong.3280 said:

Support just got back to me.  They have confirmed my theory and are in the process of issuing me a refund.

Ha! We even have the same CS agent.

I’m glad you got it sorted out for yourself, but like I said, in my case, I’m locked out of activating EoD despite purchasing the expansion itself (outside the collection) ... so tough luck for me?

Though I guess they could indeed issue a refund for me to try again anyway.

2 minutes ago, NickChabby.8907 said:

I’m locked out of activating EoD despite purchasing the expansion itself (outside the collection) ... so tough luck for me?

Though I guess they could indeed issue a refund for me to try again anyway.

Hopefully they get it resolved.  I will continue to post updates with my progress.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:22 PM, thor.2584 said:

Like everyone here, I also am having problem getting the pre order done. When I click on the final submit button it hangs for a few sec. and I get the message   "Payment Authorization Failed".     I know for a fact it not on my end because I checked my visa card by buying something from another online site and I checked the balance on my visa card to see how much is on it after each payment.  I hope ANet can get this problem fixed soon, so I and the rest of the other players can get to  enjoy this new expansion on time with everyone else.    

Your card might be blocked by Anet payment partner Digitalriver.

Send in a support ticket to check mate.

• 4 weeks later...

Digital River has kept me from spending a LOT of money on GW2. I should probably be grateful, but every time I try to purchase something from the website or the gem store, I have to want it enough to submit a ticket and wait. EoD is one of those things, so here I am with another "Payment Authorization Failed" and a ticket waiting attention. 

Anet, Digital River really blows--and is losing you money.