Revenant elite spec logo? Long bow incoming? Daggers?

Telgum.6071

• Telgum.6071 changed the title to Revenant elite spec logo? Long bow incoming? Daggers?
4 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

Or as the rumors said, Stealth based Naga themed legend with Daggers.

I hope the auto attack involves throwing daggers, not another melee please.

If it's daggers, Vizu would be another possibility - and is strongly linked to the history of Cantha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Or as the rumors said, Stealth based Naga themed legend with Daggers.

I hope the auto attack involves throwing daggers, not another melee please.

Stealth on a Rev would be heart breaking. We already have 5 classes able to use that crapy mechanic.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Mannnnn I'll be honest, I know this is going to sound dramatic, but if it's dual daggers I might really consider on quitting and not pre ordering. I'm waiting to pre order after I've seen the elite specs. 

For the love of God, we already have an assassin based spec, Shiro, Rev is my main, and look been stuck for the past 4 years with the same skills like other profs(I'm aware), I know. I'm loosing a will to play these days and  then getting hit with dual daggers...sheesh. Maybe the mechanics will add a twist, maybe. 

Again it's dramatic and only a consideration, if anything I'd be bummed out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

Looks kinda creepy and bug-like, would be cool if it's got a darker theme going. Immediately thought daggers or focus. 

I agree with you @Buran.3796 that stealth would be a massive mistake for Revenant, but are those leaks not debunked now? We have Mesmers 100% confirmed to have dagger and Necros 90% confirmed to have pistol; the leaks were warhorn for Mesmers and sword for Necros.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RizelStar.3724 said:

Mannnnn I'll be honest, I know this is going to sound dramatic, but if it's dual daggers I might really consider on quitting and not pre ordering. I'm waiting to pre order after I've seen the elite specs. 

For the love of God, we already have an assassin based spec, Shiro, Rev is my main, and look been stuck for the past 4 years with the same skills like other profs(I'm aware), I know. I'm loosing a will to play these days and  then getting hit with dual daggers...sheesh. Maybe the mechanics will add a twist, maybe. 

Well.. We already had based support specs on Core, didn't need Herald yet there it is. I think it's kinda biased to say so when no matter what they release, there will be themes that were already covered.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, RizelStar.3724 said:

Yeah same here, not buying anything until I learn what spec that is.
Honestly there is nothing drammatic either, I am sick of running pretty much the same spec since HoT as revenant main. Somehow it's so boring and inflexible

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, morsdood.1987 said:

I hope its daggers just so it won't be Ritualist

I don't get the Rit hype some people have, Revs already summon spirits with Kalla and already have a line dedicated to healing, yet another support spec would be a real letdown

Rits can also be offensive Channeling Magic casters or use Spirit’s Strength to become Melee Gods in GW1; Rit wouldn’t have to be “support” by default that’s only a portion of its identity 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

if longbow, why 2 longbows?

if daggers, why 4 daggers?

maybe neither longbow nor dagger? any idea?

maybe a perma legend spirit holding longbow/dual daggers following us around? e.g. if we swap to dual sword then the spirit will use some spirit specific dual sword skill? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elric.4713 said:

I see them going back to the third eye icon again, I immediately think Ritualist.

I definitely see some tie to Ritualist.

Look at the GW1 Ritualist logo:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ritualist#/media/File:Ritualist-tango-icon-200.png

And the new logo looks like that logo turned on its side and slightly separated by the Revenant symbol.

What does this mean for weapon?  No idea as we already can use the staff, but it's possible the logo means nothing in regards to any new weapon that comes with the elite spec.

Edited by Dahkeus.8243
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think the logo has to be the elite spec's weapons, 4 daggers or 2 longbows don't make much sense to me. Could be ritualist based on GW1's ritualist icon. I also agree that dual daggers as power weapons don't appeal to me, we already have dual swords and Shiro.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, idolin.2831 said:

I also agree that dual daggers as power weapons don't appeal to me, we already have dual swords and Shiro.

Yet we lack midrange power dps on Revenant and the long range power weapon has been mostly nerfed into a joke.

If Mesmer can get a long range dagger, there's nothing against Revenant having one (or two) for mid range.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thund.2795 said:

Looking the icon maybe the legend is Kanaxai and the weapons will be axes (we've already off-hand axe so only main-hand to unlock). 😮

Thats actually my fear...

🤢

Oh no!!! its main ahnd AXE!!!! 

Rev players are a bit screwd if its another condi  offhand or main hand xD imo, 100% screwd if its a main hand condi axe.

But also can be the champion Saint victor, somehow that also remind a kurzick helm(wich will be IMO mostly tied to Marjory history while she discovers her family past)

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Kurzick_armor#/media/File:Warrior_Kurzick_armor_m.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_Elite_Kurzick_armor#/media/File:Warrior_Elite_Kurzick_armor_m.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Saint_Viktor

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1