Revenant elite spec logo? Long bow incoming? Daggers?

Telgum.6071

42 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

But also can be the champion Saint victor, somehow that also remind a kurzick helm(wich will be IMO mostly tied to Marjory history while she discovers her family past)

Saint victor is an interesting choice but we've already a human legend. I think revenant need an "evil" legend so Kanaxai can be a good choice with the Legendary Oni or Nightmare Stance: it will fulfill the "dark knight" niche and maybe the elite will focus on shadowstep as additional mechanic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thund.2795 said:

Saint victor is an interesting choice but we've already a human legend. I think revenant need an "evil" legend so Kanaxai can be a good choice with the Legendary Oni or Nightmare Stance: it will fulfill the "dark knight" niche and maybe the elite will focus on shadowstep as additional mechanic.

The same can be said has we already have that while invoking the overlord of Domain of Anguish himself.

yeah but if it is Kanxai it wil be a main hand axe most probably.. not what the class needs.

for those who dontkow who kanaxai is: (weebs will love it🤓, i bet all revs will be called Ichigo)

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kanaxai#/media/File:"Monster"_concept_art_5b.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kanaxai#/media/File:Kanaxai.jpg

But deeply i think wont be this guy cause this will be probably in a raid or those 10 players mission...has a boss, figthing Kanxai in one of those hard missions make more sense, i believe Anet reinvented the urgoz as a strike mission or raid?

What if Revenant is called the Juggernaut?  https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kurzick_Juggernaut

If that is the right icon for it ofc.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kurzick#/media/File:Kurzick.png

Edited by Aeolus.3615

19 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

yeah but if it is Kanxai it wil be a main hand axe most probably

The legend doesn't necessarily reflect the weapon.

Kalla used a Greatsword (if her statue portraits her correctly).

Jalis used a melee hammer.

If I recall correctly, neither Ventari nor Mallyx wielded any weapon at all.

So far only Shiro's Legend uses the weapons he did when he was alive (unless one is nitpicky about the dual-wield version being coded as daggers).

We can safely conclude that Kanaxai as a legend wouldn't necessarily have to give main hand axes to Revenants.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The logo looks like the Ritualist eye inside a focus (which in this game is oftenly portrayed as a handle which covers the hand and ends in blades/spikes as the eastern weapon katar).

I hate summons (I don't run them even when I play a Renegade) and definitely not fan of the focus (specially given how subpar are our physical weapons for AoE damage in instanced content). Oh boy, I hope I'll be wrong, because a new summoner spec with of hand weapon looks on paper amongst the least interesting choice that could be made as a new Rev spec.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I mean they did say they are changing major items for each profession....  Mes with no clones.... Necro no second health bar as a possibility....   So why not Rev with no legend swap.  Just let use pick what skills we use from every legendary.

Silly I know.  But out of the box weay need to think.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, wolfer.7945 said:

I mean they did say they are changing major items for each profession....  Mes with no clones.... Necro no second health bar as a possibility....   So why not Rev with no legend swap.  Just let use pick what skills we use from every legendary.

Silly I know.  But out of the box weay need to think.

More than anything, I have been wanting this e-spec to play with the legend swapping mechanic, whether it be overloading or weaving like Ele, or something different and creative. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

I didn't think much of Renegade to be honest, but it turned out fair enough... A while later. I just hope this next spec is a bit more inspired. The Mesmer spec is neat, it has a bit of a MOBA feel to it with the rather succinct mechanics and various skill shots. I don't mind if we get dual daggers, I have a couple of skins for those I've been itching to try out. We already have pretty good ranged abilities with Renegade bow and hammer isn't terrible. I'm actually most concerned about the visual design of the expansion: "Asian" styles tend to be, for whatever reason, extremely ridiculously eye wateringly cluttered in video-games. The preview screenshots didn't help - each was absolutely filled woth bloom and colour-vomit. And you just know the music is going to be black piano note ultracheese. But hey, could be wrong. I loved the article ANet published recently about the Canthan language.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

More than anything, I have been wanting this e-spec to play with the legend swapping mechanic, whether it be overloading or weaving like Ele, or something different and creative. Fingers crossed. 

Only gripe I have with teasing new e-specs is that there is always a chance that the one you want ends up being in the last group shown.

As fun as it is, the impatience compels me.

23 minutes ago, GeneralBM.5781 said:

Only gripe I have with teasing new e-specs is that there is always a chance that the one you want ends up being in the last group shown.

As fun as it is, the impatience compels me.

Considering they're possibly going in the Light Armor -> Medium Armor -> Heavy Armor reveal pattern it's likely we'll be last in line.  The two teased so far are Mes and Necro, so I'm guessing we'll get Ele for the 3rd of this set and then they'll work their way up the chain from there.  I almost guarantee we'll be the 9th spec revealed

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

I personally believe that it could be Ritualist with focus as the new weapon.

I know, the weapon choice might rub many people the wrong way, but I came up with the idea that it might be a focus because the new elite spec icon kinda resembles a vajra, which is a ritual weapon used in Buddhism and Hinduism. This would match the Asian setting and could also be a very fitting weapon for the Ritualist elite spec which got requested quite alot.

And some class should definitely get focus this time around... this weapon didn't get used in any elite specs so far at all.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Crying 🙂  in some street corner or taking anti-depressive pills 🤪

Well at least it's neither dogsh1t bow nor daggers. Thief and guardian wannabes can move back to their classes if they want those

I actually wish it was focus instead but oh well

UPD somebody sent me this chart from reddit kek Wondering where did they get that idea from
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/387536968432484352/869931587347836958/HZKmm.png?width=1235&height=675

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, SidewayS.3789 said:

That's dual daggers

The only thing I could associate them with are the centurion claw type daggers but what are the chances they'd give Revenant two new weapons/dual weapons? They certainly need it though with their weapon shortage. 

It could also be a crab. Gonna summon Ancient Karka and sonic roll all over everyone. XD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

The only thing I could associate them with are the centurion claw type daggers but what are the chances they'd give Revenant two new weapons/dual weapons? They certainly need it though with their weapon shortage. 

It could also be a crab. Gonna summon Ancient Karka and sonic roll all over everyone. XD

Still think it is a vajra, so a focus! 😮

• Confused 1

On 7/28/2021 at 2:38 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

That looks like the Revenant eye with bug mandibles at the top and bottom to me.

Maybe the legend is a Mantid.

Yeah I get the same vibe tbh. Honestly just imagining the sound effects for a mantid legend makes me want it, but I barely played Factions at all so don't know if there could be any notable characters to use.

Though at the end of the day I am with @phokus.8934 that I really want scepter. I know I am a blasphemous Rev main but GS just doesn't appeal to me at all unless they take it down a magical route. Would much rather have dual daggers than GS, but that's personal preference. 

It's going to be hard for them to top my utter disappointment I got from the Renegade reveal, so tbh I will probably be happy as long as they keep filthy asura away from the class.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Yeah I get the same vibe tbh. Honestly just imagining the sound effects for a mantid legend makes me want it, but I barely played Factions at all so don't know if there could be any notable characters to use.

They can always invent new characters.

Kalla didn't exist in GW1 either, yet she became Renegade's legend.

After all, we know nearly nothing of what happened in the last 250 years in Cantha.

Maybe it's even Gorrik who introduces us to this new legend, with his deep analysis into Mantid history and thus his discovery of this legendary Mantid Queen. Maybe she'd even like us, given how we helped Petey, another bug entity, to grow into an adult-sized mount.

• Haha 1