Revenant elite spec logo? Long bow incoming? Daggers?

Telgum.6071

46 minutes ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

This is the correct response. If we went by Icons, Renegade would be a GS. Scourge would be a shield. Mirage would be daggers. 

It is not always the case, but it can be the case.

Scrapper icon is literally a hammer.

Dragonhunter icon is an arrowhead.

Deadeye has a cylinder in it, there are rifles with cylinders (it clearly indicates a firearm and rifle was the only firearm left for thief anyway).

Firebrand can be seen as an axeblade.

Spellbreaker has the dagger in it.

Speculating doesn't harm anyone and there is the chance that some of the elite spec icons are referencing the weapons. One of them even does pretty obviously, there is an icon with a bullet, which indicates that this spec will use a firearm (either pistol or rifle).

8 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Deadeye has a cylinder in it, there are rifles with cylinders (it clearly indicates a firearm and rifle was the only firearm left for thief anyway).

I always interpreted it as a stylized eye with crosshairs in it.

• Like 5

On 7/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, Thund.2795 said:

Looking the icon maybe the legend is Kanaxai and the weapons will be axes (we've already off-hand axe so only main-hand to unlock). 😮

Rev already has a demon legend. It would be a missed opportunity for anet, Kanaxi can come in the form of a strike mission, raid or another encounter in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

All I want is that new weapon will work like trident - changing skill effect according to legend. It could possibility for far more builds. For a weapon i really support dual daggers or GS (cuz hey it's 5 new weapon skills instead of 3 or 2). But scepter could work too. For example scepter weapon skills would be mid range and summon weapons from the Mists according to a legend.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:37 PM, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

This is the correct response. If we went by Icons, Renegade would be a GS. Scourge would be a shield. Mirage would be daggers. 

pretty much the same  🙂 i woulde even say the next guardian spec is the flame with initiative 😛

3 hours ago, AintGold.5128 said:

All I want is that new weapon will work like trident - changing skill effect according to legend. It could possibility for far more builds. For a weapon i really support dual daggers or GS (cuz hey it's 5 new weapon skills instead of 3 or 2). But scepter could work too. For example scepter weapon skills would be mid range and summon weapons from the Mists according to a legend.

The problem is that the trident design is overly simplistic. It simply assigns one condition to a legend , applies it to the weapon skills, and calls it good. Imagine playing a condi build with a new trident-like weapon as Shiro/Jalis and you have literally no condition pressure because not only does the legend determine the damage of the utility skills, it also determines the damage of the weapon skills. You'd just be stuck giving people perma-weakness and vuln, which is also poor design. Or imagine Ventari perma blinding you. Conditions were not designed or balanced around giving Revenant legends one particular fit each that you can just copy and paste and have a similarly balanced overall effect.

I am not opposed to a new weapon with aspects that are altered by legend choice, but ANet has to be really mindful and nuanced about how they implement such a thing. To simplify, I would say it would lend much better to an off-hand where the emphasis is much higher on utility than a mainhand weapon that is the primary source of damage. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/29/2021 at 12:34 AM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Considering they're possibly going in the Light Armor -> Medium Armor -> Heavy Armor reveal pattern it's likely we'll be last in line.  The two teased so far are Mes and Necro, so I'm guessing we'll get Ele for the 3rd of this set and then they'll work their way up the chain from there.  I almost guarantee we'll be the 9th spec revealed

Nah, revenant is going to be the one after next!

They've teased Mesmer, then Necro, so Rev will be after Ranger because there aren't professions that start with O, P or Q. 

Don't ask me why they started in the middle of the alphabet though =P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Rashagar.8349 said:

Nah, revenant is going to be the one after next!

They've teased Mesmer, then Necro, so Rev will be after Ranger because there aren't professions that start with O, P or Q. 

Don't ask me why they started in the middle of the alphabet though =P

But Ranger would be revealed before Revenant then.

On 7/31/2021 at 8:28 AM, Eric.7813 said:

Rev already has a demon legend. It would be a missed opportunity for anet, Kanaxi can come in the form of a strike mission, raid or another encounter in my opinion.

For the same reason Togo can't be a Legend because it's human and Rev already has it. In my opinion, with Kalla being Legendary Renegade Stance and not Charr, they can use every legend if Anet wants.

The legend for this spec probably is:

- Cantha-lore based on what Anet said in the livestream

- "Evil" alignment to balance 4 good vs 2 (shiro and mallyx)

Ignoring the possible weapon the legend could be:

- Kanaxai (they can use the name Legendary Nightmare Stance)

- Leviathan 

- Xun Rao (Legendary Zealot Stance)

- Other cantha enemy-villain, maybe a Naga legend or a Mantid one? I don't know any "famous" name from GW1.

Joko, Khilbron, Asgeir can be candidates but they have no connection with Cantha. 

Edited by Thund.2795
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

Just wanted to mention that if the rumors of naga like creature are true, this could also mean that the legend could be based on these folks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten

Notably the "4 arms", but can be also mandibles. Hard to say.

It's not entirely impossible, but I consider this unlikely.

The forgotten and Naga are not the same and we already saw a picture of a Naga in Cantha in the stream, they don't have 4 arms.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

Just wanted to mention that if the rumors of naga like creature are true, this could also mean that the legend could be based on these folks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Forgotten

Notably the "4 arms", but can be also mandibles. Hard to say.

I love the Forgotten. Maybe we can grow multiple arms holding daggers 😄

I would also prefer dual daggers over greatsword, personally.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kastiel.1947 said:

I really don't think the icon is depicting a weapon. What rev needs as far as weapons go is a GS though - a power cleave GS.

We really do not need another 2hander which can get nerfed and as a result have another dead loadout on our hands.
We need more MH/OH combos to facilitate more usable loadouts so that if one weapon gets nerfed we aren't instantly crippled with 1 subpar loadout. 

Rev has already suffered enough having to choose from either a really gimmick Ranged Power weapon, a Staff which does 0 damage and unreliable utility, and a hybrid bow which still has a myriad of bugs baked into it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

We really do not need another 2hander which can get nerfed and as a result have another dead loadout on our hands.
We need more MH/OH combos to facilitate more usable loadouts so that if one weapon gets nerfed we aren't instantly crippled with 1 subpar loadout. 

Rev has already suffered enough having to choose from either a really gimmick Ranged Power weapon, a Staff which does 0 damage and unreliable utility, and a hybrid bow which still has a myriad of bugs baked into it. 

I'm sorry but you're wong. An elite spec will give us 1 weapon, the only exception to this rule has been spellbreaker for warrior, who are a special case since they are a weapon master.

So we have an option between a 2 hander which brings a full kit of 5 skills that can synergize with our other power load out (sword/sword) or a single mh OR oh that would leave us with half a load out. The choice seems obvious.

Let's say we get a GS - our power spec would be sword/sword and GS on weapon swap. 10 skills to work with for our hopefully strong rotation. Obviously not all skills will be used but you get the point .

Now let's look at an alternative, let's say we get mh axe. What would the load out be? Sword/sword and mh axe/oh axe?  Well that doesn't really work, oh axe is more of a condo/utility weapon. And there's no other choice. The scenario becomes even worse with something like oh dagger where we would be looking at sword/sword + Mace/dagger oh which is completely useless for a power spec (which is what we direly need).

We have nothing to pair with a new mh or oh, cause our 4 core 1 handers are already paired. This brings me back to the original point - a 2hander is an obvious choice. We don't have GS, longbow or rifle currently, and GS is again the obvious choice - it would look great, work great and please a ton of people, me included. Furthermore, a kitten rev spec wielding a GS will definitely be appealing to someone who hasn't played the game and entice them to try the game and buy EoD, and surely more so than something like an oh dagger. 

As for your point about nerfing, anything can be nerfed, not like 1handers don't get nerfed. And a 1 hander is more likely to arrive dead from the get go, due to the lack of synnergies I've outlined above, and hence it won't even need a nerf, cause it would be dead from the get go.

So yes, GS is the best choice. GS or riot.

Edited by Kastiel.1947
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Range power weapon = hammer

Main hand power      = sword/minor condi

Malee 2 hand             = staff

Off hand power         = sword

Condi 2h weapon       = bow

Main hand  condi       = mace

Off hand condi            = axe

Im actually conflicted here.. but all our power weapon basiclt got deleted from gameplay cause we have much better option goings condi spam.

It will be something to carry with condi spam i bet, less trouble for Anet to balance (condi will spike just like hapened in HoT), just keep scrappers broken and let players stack for "fake balance".

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Range power weapon = hammer

Main hand power      = sword/minor condi

Melee 2 hand             = staff

Off hand power         = sword

Condi 2h weapon       = bow

Main hand  condi       = mace

Off hand condi            = axe

Im actually conflicted here.. but all our power weapon basiclt got deleted from gameplay cause we have much better option goings condi spam.

It will be something to carry with condi spam i bet, less trouble for Anet to balance (condi will spike just like hapened in HoT), just keep scrappers broken and let players stack for "fake balance".

Shortbow's more of a hybrid weapon than a condition weapon - the power coefficients are high enough that it does decent power damage in a power build. Especially if combined with Battle Scars in PvE.

OH axe, too - Frigid Blitz is a decent packet of power damage and no damaging conditions on its own (although Abyssal Chill generates some torment), it's just Temporal Rift that is mostly condi damage. It's just that since the rework to OH sword, OH axe is eclipsed in terms of power damage.

(Staff is also pretty clearly a power weapon, but it's a supportive power weapon rather than a DPS-oriented one.)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 7/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

It is not always the case, but it can be the case.

Scrapper icon is literally a hammer.

Dragonhunter icon is an arrowhead.

Firebrand can be seen as an axeblade.

Spellbreaker has the dagger in it.

Speculating doesn't harm anyone and there is the chance that some of the elite spec icons are referencing the weapons. One of them even does pretty obviously, there is an icon with a bullet, which indicates that this spec will use a firearm (either pistol or rifle).

True, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Although with this new Rev icon? Really hard to tell anything.

The individual pieces look like daggers. But can also look like longbows if from the sides. The entire thing could be a focus, but it would look like a pretty strange focus item. The shadow behind it all looks sort of like a Greatsword. TL;DR no idea. Speculate away but anyone who turns out to be correct will most likely just merely be lucky. 

• Like 5