Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Icon of new Elementalist Elite spec:


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Why you think rev will be the third?

 

Wouldn't it make more sense to show all 3 light classes together?

I would not know truth be told its just from what i been reading they seem to think its going to be rev. Just look at the icons are they in an order for there armor class? If so what dose that mean for what class is what? Its realty all up in the air dont take different ideals as any things but pulry different ideals.

 

The point about the icon its kind of a weaid looking arrow/bow so maybe its not that or it could be some primetive arrow i guess (or the Super Saiyan).

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to take a shot in the dark (ha) and suggest the bullet is Elementalist. It could be just details to make a bullet more exciting by including the spin and velocity of a fired round. Or! It co

Noooooo i don't want the ugly face icon 😭

Getting around this issue is much easier even.   Instead of making the attunements you have access to locked in by your trait choices, just let the player pick the 2 elements they want to ha

I'm starting to understand why a lot of people here are unhappy with the state of elementalists. I have been trying to start doing some basic fractals and even for basic training missions, a lot of people don't seem to like bringing an elementalist along. Adding a new specialization at this point, seems like almost something of putting a bandaid on a large gaping wound. It would be nice if the current specializations as well as the core abilities would be looked at again so that we would have a bit more usefulness. It came as a terrible shock when I found that a lot of people won't even think of adding an elementalist to their group. At this point, I have to assume, having encountered so much negative opinion, that something really IS wrong with our profession.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to take a shot in the dark (ha) and suggest the bullet is Elementalist. It could be just details to make a bullet more exciting by including the spin and velocity of a fired round. Or! It could be a magically-infused bullet, suggesting Rifle Ele. It's fun to speculate. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SkyCakeLight.3750 said:

I'm going to take a shot in the dark (ha) and suggest the bullet is Elementalist. It could be just details to make a bullet more exciting by including the spin and velocity of a fired round. Or! It could be a magically-infused bullet, suggesting Rifle Ele. It's fun to speculate. 

I think it is a magic infused bullet.... but a different kind of magic than you think

 

This might belong to necromancer, they are already confirmed to use pistol as their new weapon.

And if this icon represents a cursed bullet, it would make so much sense.

 

Curse bullet is literally a skill which got removed from deadeye in favour of death's judgement. Maybe they want to bring the thematic back with necromancer, which is more fitting for a cursed bullet anyway, since this class originally deals with curses.

Maybe the class is not a plaguedoctor with elixirs, like many think, but some kind of "hexslinger", infusing their bullets with powerful curses to bring an end to their enemy.

 

I just can't see any icon besides 4 (the flame with the diamond) to represent elementalist. It is just way too fitting and referencing the core class icon, which is also a flame.

Edited by Kodama.6453
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2021 at 9:41 PM, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Can we confirm that's their new icon?

Because the center of that is the initiative icon.  The one with the crossed swords also has it.

 

To me the most logical conclusion is Ele gets the initiative system where focusing on one attunement is stronger than swapping, like thief's gameplay.  However, it's absolutely possible they opted for torch on the thief.

 

No you can't confirm any icon corresponding to any specialization. I did take a look at the CSS file and all the icons are called "icon_#.png". The are just counted from 1-9. Any speculation about what icon belongs to which specialisation is based upon personal gut feelings, hopes and wishes.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

 

No you can't confirm any icon corresponding to any specialization. I did take a look at the CSS file and all the icons are called "icon_#.png". The are just counted from 1-9. Any speculation about what icon belongs to which specialisation is based upon personal gut feelings, hopes and wishes.

Its just odd the order they are in with ppl gut feelings. Why would you have a set in order light something something light when most of the time its the 3 lights and ele is often the first grouped up. Unless its light mid hevry 3 times (but that dose not fit the order of any thing as in it seems they are giving us 2 lights at least to start for the beta.) Its very confusing and the only way the lop sided burning arrow works for ele would be if its a light mid hevy order of icons.

 

Maybe there is something off about the pic to start with? Or over wishfully thinking?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spear would be perfect:

 

Depending on the attunement it could be

Earth melee range

Air long range

Water mid range

Fire ???

 

So depending on the attunement you get a different use for the weapon and get 5 abilities per attunement

 

I'll let you guys speculate the rest as that's as far as my imagination goes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That one is likely to be the ele elite icon, because I can't really link it to any other profession. However, it doesn't quite look like a flame to me. It looks more like some sort of energy coming out of a crystal.

 

Of course, I could be interpreting it wrong. Though I am fairly certain that it should be the profession mechanic and not the weapon. Scholar specs have never had weapon based icons do far, and you really need to be reaching  to make this icon resemble any kind of weapon.

Edited by Ganathar.4956
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are my thoughts. The crystal in the middle reminds me of the light armour "eyes" you get when you create your character based on the element you picked.

 

The fact that the fire appears crystalized tells me that we will be utlizing the dragon magic in the jade crystals in specializing it in some sort of mechanic.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

The mask? Def my hope for warrior! Necros can have another icon alright, imo. 

I hope necro gets the bullet icon, because I need that 9th flask icon to be engineer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am absolutely convinced that the bullet icon is Elementalist's...

 

1: Mesmer

2: Ranger

3: Thief

4: Guardian

5: Warrior

6: Revenant

7: Elementalist

8: Engineer

9: Necromancer

 

I am certain the icons belong to those classes in that order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2021 at 11:45 PM, lLobo.7960 said:

Arrow point (seen from the front) imbued with elemental magic.

 

 


Yep exactly what my first thoughts were too, elemental archer spec.
And my money is on Longbow because Ele's already have conjured shortbow as a thing.

I've also been toying with the idea of a weapon swapping Ele and I think I may have come up with an idea on how they can get this ability.

We have access to 3 traitlines at once right?
And one of them will be forced onto the new E-Spec leaving us with 2 traitlines to choose from.

How about if your elemental attunement's are only available if you have invested in the associated trait line.
Take Fire magic and Earth Magic and your Elementalist will only be able to use weapon skills from those 2 elements.
But on the benefit side, you'll gain the ability to weapon swap in combat! 

This still limits you to the same amount of weapon skills as a normal ele with 4 available elements.. it's just more specialised in the element's and weapons you choose to use instead.

The only problem with this idea is the Arcane specialisation since that doesn't have it's own element.
However I think this can be remedied by either having Arcane investment limit you to a single Element but significantly improve the power that element creating the potential for pure, specialised Pyromancer, Hydromancer, Geomancer and Aeromancer builds.
Or with this new spec only they could maybe create an Arcane attunement to get around this issue.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Teratus.2859 said:


Yep exactly what my first thoughts were too, elemental archer spec.
And my money is on Longbow because Ele's already have conjured shortbow as a thing.

I've also been toying with the idea of a weapon swapping Ele and I think I may have come up with an idea on how they can get this ability.

We have access to 3 traitlines at once right?
And one of them will be forced onto the new E-Spec leaving us with 2 traitlines to choose from.

How about if your elemental attunement's are only available if you have invested in the associated trait line.
Take Fire magic and Earth Magic and your Elementalist will only be able to use weapon skills from those 2 elements.
But on the benefit side, you'll gain the ability to weapon swap in combat! 

This still limits you to the same amount of weapon skills as a normal ele with 4 available elements.. it's just more specialised in the element's and weapons you choose to use instead.

The only problem with this idea is the Arcane specialisation since that doesn't have it's own element.
However I think this can be remedied by either having Arcane investment limit you to a single Element but significantly improve the power that element creating the potential for pure, specialised Pyromancer, Hydromancer, Geomancer and Aeromancer builds.
Or with this new spec only they could maybe create an Arcane attunement to get around this issue.

Getting around this issue is much easier even.

 

Instead of making the attunements you have access to locked in by your trait choices, just let the player pick the 2 elements they want to have access to themselves.

Give it a similar UI like the legend mechanic from revenant, they also can just pick 2 legends from the entire pool they have access to.

 

So even if you run arcane as a trait line, you can get the 2 element attunements you desire.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Getting around this issue is much easier even.

 

Instead of making the attunements you have access to locked in by your trait choices, just let the player pick the 2 elements they want to have access to themselves.

Give it a similar UI like the legend mechanic from revenant, they also can just pick 2 legends from the entire pool they have access to.

 

So even if you run arcane as a trait line, you can get the 2 element attunements you desire.


A much simpler solution that what I went with haha.

Although I must admit I do love the idea of an element specialist ^^
Back in Gw1 I based all my Ele characters and Hero builds around a single element but in Gw2 this is a really inefficient way to play the class.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:


A much simpler solution that what I went with haha.

Although I must admit I do love the idea of an element specialist ^^
Back in Gw1 I based all my Ele characters and Hero builds around a single element but in Gw2 this is a really inefficient way to play the class.

Even this would be possible with the system I suggested.

 

Just allow players to slot in the same element twice. If you select 2 different elements, you get them both to switch between them. If you pick the same element twice, you willingly restrict yourself to just one single element in exchange for greater power for it. All while still keeping the trait system independant to allow more freedom in build crafting.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Even this would be possible with the system I suggested.

 

Just allow players to slot in the same element twice. If you select 2 different elements, you get them both to switch between them. If you pick the same element twice, you willingly restrict yourself to just one single element in exchange for greater power for it. All while still keeping the trait system independant to allow more freedom in build crafting.


Yea your way is definitely better, no contest.
Specially for build diversity ^^

If this isn't the path they've gone with Ele in this spec then hopefully they'll do it with the next one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...