Cannot Pre-Purchase EOD

Same issue here. Cannot pre-order, even using the suggested link, it still defaults to PoF - link issue?. Clearing cache makes no difference and I have used a number of different browsers. The payment issue is probably linked to the TP Gem purchase issue which has yet to be fixed - cannot pay with debit/credit card 😞

I managed to preorder it and payment went through Paypal successully.

Be warned though, it still managed to get messed up somehow since all I got on completion was a webpage that says:

"We have received confirmation of your payment from PayPal. Thank you for your purchase. Payment is handled on behalf of Guild Wars 2 by Digital River, Inc.

Your serial code(s) are listed below and have also been sent to the email address you provided."

AND THERE IS NO SERIAL CODE  anywhere to be found.

There goes 80 euro.. Anet, fix your online purchases, jesus.. we want to support you but this is just unprofessional.

I am having same issue, I bought the 79.99 ultimate EOD and purchase went threw but did not receive my code. I sent in a ticket so hopefully this issue gets fixed SOON! And yeah I did not receive a e-mail either. 😞

Edited by Pink Floyd Rocks.9704
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Armagedis.5796 said:

Same here. Money spent, no code so far... Let's just wait for now and see. Maybe their system overloaded.

It's probably overloaded but I don't think it will make a difference.

I just received my confirmation e-mail and it still only contained blank space and no code anywhere in sight..

.. sigh

9 minutes ago, gingeriffic.9574 said:

It's probably overloaded but I don't think it will make a difference.

I just received my confirmation e-mail and it still only contained blank space and no code anywhere in sight..

.. sigh

In my case, after the first e-mail (blank), I got a second (without HTML xD) but with code this time.

7 minutes ago, Rottie.8596 said:

In my case, after the first e-mail (blank), I got a second (without HTML xD) but with code this time.

Ty for update! So maybe there is hope.. so far I only got the html one (and it has no code ofc).
I submitted a ticket a few minutes ago just in case.

2 hours ago, gingeriffic.9574 said:
AND THERE IS NO SERIAL CODE  anywhere to be found.

There goes 80 euro.. Anet, fix your online purchases, jesus.. we want to support you but this is just unprofessional.

I purchased mine minutes after launch and it went through successfully. Also calling them "unprofessional" is just nasty and unnecessary. Things happen, and did you ever stop to think there were probably THOUSANDS of people trying to make a purchase at the exact same time? That will cause errors and wait times, which isn't their fault.

Solution is always to contact support if you have a problem instead of bashing them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caitybee.3614 said:

I purchased mine minutes after launch and it went through successfully. Also calling them "unprofessional" is just nasty and unnecessary. Things happen, and did you ever stop to think there were probably THOUSANDS of people trying to make a purchase at the exact same time? That will cause errors and wait times, which isn't their fault.

Solution is always to contact support if you have a problem instead of bashing them.

It's great when nothing goes wrong.  But when it does, since it involves money coming out of someone's pocket, it's natural for people to worry if they don't get what they paid for since you think you just lost all that money (I know that  80 $ or euros may be a small sum for one person but it can be quite a lot for someone else, since people from all over the world play GW2).

Other than that, I'm not here to argue with anyone and I think you just misunderstand me. I wasn't bashing (?) them and I had no intention of sounding nasty (?? I'm honestly confused here but since English is not my first language must be a case of that word being used differently in my language..). I was just expressing disappointment, thinking it seemed preventable, is all.  A rise in demand is to be expected after each expansion announcement, surely.  A quick post saying "there will be delays due to high demand" or something to that effect would've worked wonders to put everyone at ease.

But this is going off-topic, anyway..

At any rate, there is a delay of at least a few hours, it seems, from the time of purchase to when you actually receive your serial code. I received mine after more than 3 hours total.
If there are people reading this that don't get their codes (they should be in a second e-mail you receive, not the confirmation one, probably) after a few  days, best open a support ticket (which is what most did already).

I get the "Payment Authorization Failed" thing also. It also shows GW2 Path of Fire at the top, yet in the Order Summary, it shows as buying the End of Dragons Package. Either way, I guess Anet doesn't want our money, and I'm definitely not sending in a ticket and waiting 3+ days for a response. I have to chase online orders every day as it is, I don't need any more chasing up and drama in my life. So either I'll just wait until they've fixed it, otherwise it looks like they won't be getting my money.

3 hours ago, Tony.8659 said:

Should I try instead to buy it through the gem store? Because for some reason when I click here to preorder the page seems broken. 

I did the in game version to purchase the pre-order. It worked right away. I received the bonuses a little later. Be patient.

• Thanks 1

I am in the same boat. I have been trying to pre-order EoD Ultimate Edition but only get Payment Authorization Failed.

I then tried to submit a ticket but all I get is the "login" runaround. I think something is seriously wrong if I cant buy gems, pre-order EoD or submit a ticket. I have no where else to turn to try and get this rectified.

3 hours ago, Archangels Blessing.1702 said:

Add another one to the list.

Payed with credit card, then nothing....

Oh man 😞 So sorry, I think I might wait. I posted back  on their twitter account, where they said they are working on it but it's been over 24hrs and no response from them here or on their twitter feed.  I mean why are we all in the dark here a simple answer anything now would be appreciated, either say yes you can go ahead and order or no.  Or better yet disable all ordering in game and on the site so these issues would not be coming up until it is fixed, and save most of us the headache of wondering if my preorder went through.

Edited by Tony.8659
  • Like 1