Virtuoso doesn't seem OP...if all elites are similar....EoD will be the best expansion

Very very well done to Anet! I can actually be mildly optimistic up to this point about EoD, I pray now that all elites will follow this new trend . No AoE spam, no stealth/staff camping, no AI centric with apparent and clear counterplay options, I am sure to receive loads of hate but...yeah I hope all elites follow the same balance philosophy that's all I have wanted to say

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

I like how its skills actually have clear animations. Even though a lot of them look similar its an improvement over passive or pulsing effects you have to avoid.

Just wait until players actually get their hands on the E-specs, don't be surprised when a tidal wave of whine appears. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Allarius.5670 said:

Doesn't that just mean they won't get played in pvp as older elite specs will have less counterplay?

depends.. if they balance the Core traitlines around these elites at a Lower threshhold.. then nerf all prior elites down.. then it'll be fine.. but yeah if they release these weaker then previous ur pretty much gonna be Sitting on unused speccs.

• Like 1

At least two of the skills in the showcase are OP and will see nerfs in PvP and WvW:

The utility that applies a 4 second aoe immob and of course the elite where even the tooltip damage is 11k, which means you can bring its real damage up to 100k with multipliers.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

At least two of the skills in the showcase are OP and will see nerfs in PvP and WvW:

The utility that applies a 4 second aoe immob and of course the elite where even the tooltip damage is 11k, which means you can bring its real damage up to 100k with multipliers.

It hasn't even been released yet you re already asking for nerf. Bruh😂😂😂

Lich form already outdps virtuoso's elite...just saying

Edited by Eugchriss.2046
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Nobody has problem with once again too much AoE? If all specs end up like this, we gonna have another PoF AOE fiesta....

Numbers can be tweaked, the mechanics usually stay the same between pve and pvp.

Edited by Cynz.9437

49 minutes ago, Cynz.9437 said:

Nobody has problem with once again too much AoE? If all specs end up like this, we gonna have another PoF AOE fiesta....

Numbers can be tweaked, the mechanics usually stay the same between pve and pvp.

I think they kinda need to be that way, or else many people will just continue to use their already existing AoE vomit builds.

• Haha 2

I don't really like virtuoso(although I don't know enough to hate it either). My personal opinion is that a mesmer elite spec should not lose dependence on clones, but leaving that aside this seems like a very simple and straightforward damage spec.
I really hope there is more depth to it when combined with the rest of mesmers kit, because based on what the video showed us it only has power DPS tools with a full-counter style block.

• Like 1

i like it a lot. props to the class design devs. clear tells, everything is nice and telegraphed. that's how everything should be.. vfx are a bit over the top as usual but i can live with that. no sign of a "trade off" because it doesn't need one if mechanics are different and not an upgrade.

Edited by Jekkt.6045
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jekkt.6045 said:

i like it a lot. props to the class design devs. clear tells, everything is nice and telegraphed. that's how everything should be.. vfx are a bit over the top as usual but i can live with that. no sign of a "trade off" because it doesn't need one if mechanics are different and not an upgrade.

The fact that its that telegraphed is a nerf in itself. Unless all classes go according to how telegraphed things are no one will be able to land anything due to dodge, block, evade etc...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

The fact that its that telegraphed is a nerf in itself. Unless all classes go according to how telegraphed things are no one will be able to land anything due to dodge, block, evade etc...

oh no. imagine if you have to count dodges and skill cooldowns or bait with weapon stow like in the good days. might be too much for this remaining playerbase pepesad.

Edited by Jekkt.6045
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Jekkt.6045 said:

oh no. imagine if you have to count dodges and skill cooldowns or bait with weapon stow like in the good days. might be too much for this remaining playerbase pepesad.

Lol and you think having extreme telegraphed skills would improve gameplay...I guess if you want to slow things down. On second thought bunker meta was good no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Quadox.7834 said:

Looks pretty basic and plain so far (waiting for traits), like a warrior spec or something.

Build daggers, Shoot daggers.

I think the spec will find it's place in WvW more than PvE or sPvP, those 1200 range huge AoE look better than hammer revenant. The skill classify their attack as "blade" attack even if some get projectile finisher, I'm ready to bet that it will bypass reflect as it's not "projectiles".

2 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Lol and you think having extreme telegraphed skills would improve gameplay...I guess if you want to slow things down. On second thought bunker meta was good no?

make the skills rewarding enough to hit and it won't be a problem. i'm not a fan of the current chip your enemy to death while outhealing them gameplay.

26 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Build daggers, Shoot daggers.

I think the spec will find it's place in WvW more than PvE or sPvP, those 1200 range huge AoE look better than hammer revenant. The skill classify their attack as "blade" attack even if some get projectile finisher, I'm ready to bet that it will bypass reflect as it's not "projectiles".

the weapon skills state that they are projectile finishers. Psionics (the utilities) and the bladesong (the shatters) aren't projectiles though.

The simple fact this weapon is projectile based will remove it's viability from WvW...but other weapons might still play a role and make it a viable WvW mesmer. Just hope that the way the traits are designed doesn't CHOKE out other weapons, which is a common thread in many other elite specs.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

the main things what worry be about virt
1 everything seems to be massive aoe
2 it has no mobility, if anything, its even less then core mesmer, which is already hot kitten garbage at it
3 shatters deal more damage to players that are not casting, which I think is a stupid mechanic in general
4 the utilities ( channeled disortion, alongiside F4 being a 3s block, on top of SOE that resets it could make this build have massive Iframes while vomiting aoe damage )
5 If it lack proper cleansing it might not be ever viable, as taking any other cleansing utilities/traitlines might make the damage too low to be something worth considering.

The things I like.
1 no clones
2 amazing animations
3 Finally something that resembles proper power dps spec
4 potential for bruiser like power sidenoder

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

3 shatters deal more damage to players that are not casting, which I think is a stupid mechanic in general

In all likelihood, that was probably just because they were using the trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mental_AnguishMental Anguish , which is a core thing not unique to this spec. Although I do agree with most of your other points (the cleansing one though could be easily solved if there is a trait in the line that does that though, but we won't know until the beta).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThrakathNar.4537 said:

In all likelihood, that was probably just because they were using the trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mental_AnguishMental Anguish , which is a core thing not unique to this spec. Although I do agree with most of your other points (the cleansing one though could be easily solved if there is a trait in the line that does that though, but we won't know until the beta).

yea, im hoping there is some cleanse there, if there is not we are forced to take kitten mantra or go some inspiration kitten which would be boring.
as for mental, probably right, it would prove that it was pve numbers anyways, and if someone gives a damnt hey can actually calculate the damage the spec deals already, compare its skills damage to GS damage that was throw and we could know the damage on the skills fairly accurately.

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

the weapon skills state that they are projectile finishers. Psionics (the utilities) and the bladesong (the shatters) aren't projectiles though.

The simple fact this weapon is projectile based will remove it's viability from WvW...but other weapons might still play a role and make it a viable WvW mesmer. Just hope that the way the traits are designed doesn't CHOKE out other weapons, which is a common thread in many other elite specs.

Like I said, it say that they are projectiles finisher indeed, but it also say that they are blades not projectiles. Which is why I "bet" that they won't be affected by reflect.

You, on another hand, are expecting the blades to be projectiles based on the fact that they are "projectile finishers".

11 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Like I said, it say that they are projectiles finisher indeed, but it also say that they are blades not projectiles. Which is why I "bet" that they won't be affected by reflect.

You, on another hand, are expecting the blades to be projectiles based on the fact that they are "projectile finishers".

Ya pretty much. We don't really know what "blades" are i don't think that's enough to classify them yet. What we do know is that they are projectile finishers, which means they must be projectiles subject to reflection. Unless blades are otherwise removed from that, there's no reason to believe the weapon skills aren't projectiles like they state on the tooltip.

• Like 1