"This serial code has already been applied to your account."

Bought EoD Ultimate Edition through the official website's game store (via the pre-purchase button of EoD's release page). Received my serial number, then a second email with an invoice (.PDF). So my order did go through. However when I look at my account page on the game's website, it still act as if I haven't purchased EoD. Instead of "Active" under the EoD banner like PoF/HoT/etc it shows "Buy now".

And if I try to manually add the serial code I received by mail, the system gives me "This serial code has already been applied to your account.", except it hasn't. EoD is still locked.

I'm stuck there, unable to activate EoD on my account despite my purchase, unable to receive my bonuses and unable to proceed from there.

I contacted support, obviously, but I want to know if anyone managed to deal with this somehow?

Thanks.

Edited by NickChabby.8907
  • Like 3

I bought the game through the trading post link in game.  I got the extras,  booster/character slot/ ect.  But I didn't get an email with the serial key.  Anyone else have this problem?

edit,  the email just came in with the serial key.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
update

And if I try to manually add the serial code I received by mail, the system gives me "This serial code has already been applied to your account.", except it hasn't. EoD is still locked.

I'm stuck there, unable to activate EoD on my account despite my purchase, unable to receive my bonuses and unable to proceed from there.

I'm having the same problem as OP! I got the Emails too with the Code and have the same Error Message! I've had this problem since the Pre-Order started and I opened a Support Ticket soon after.
I hope this is resolved within the week, but please take care of yourself Anet Dev's! xoxo

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redtalon.1638 said:

I am having the same issue word for word as you described. I opened a ticket and got the we are working on it response. I recall the same thing happening with POF and it was a few weeks before it was all sorted. 

Dang, how hard can it be to simply manually toggle the expansion on my account? I wanted to use my bonus stuff during my vacations…

Same here.

I purchased as soon as it was launched, then tried applying the key and got that message.

I opened a ticket with support right away, they replied with "we're working on it" and then nothing since.

It's starting to feel like I got scammed.

2 hours ago, dumb.3657 said:

Same here.

I purchased as soon as it was launched, then tried applying the key and got that message.

I opened a ticket with support right away, they replied with "we're working on it" and then nothing since.

It's starting to feel like I got scammed.

I think they are trying sincerely to work on it, HOWEVER I do feel "some" priorities might be put at the wrong places though.
This issue should be resolved by now if they were really trying.

27 minutes ago, JamiousDaywalker.2496 said:

I had the same issue, got a email reply to say they will contact me soon with a update......my guess is some of the EoD ultimate codes got mixed up with the Collection Ultimate [even though the email purchase shows as EoD Ultimate] thus when you try to redeem its saying you already have activated it 

It's not only the Ultimate Codes, I got Deluxe and got this issue.
Although this is a definitive insight that could be a lead towards resolving the issue.
If a Devs is reading this, or a Moderator could pass the message over.

I had this same issue and sent in a support ticket.  It turns out that I had clicked the purchase the "Ultimate Collection" which also includes PoF and and HoT, which I already owned.  That is why I was getting the error message about the code already being applied.  They refunded my card and I was able to purchase the "standalone" EoD Ultimate pack, which is 79.99.  If you paid 99.99 you were purchase the Ultimate "Collection" which inlcude HoT and PoF.

Edited by Casual Dad.2358

38 minutes ago, Casual Dad.2358 said:

I had this same issue and sent in a support ticket.  It turns out that I had clicked the purchase the "Ultimate Collection" which also includes PoF and and HoT, which I already owned.  That is why I was getting the error message about the code already being applied.  They refunded my card and I was able to purchase the "standalone" EoD Ultimate pack, which is 79.99.  If you paid 99.99 you were purchase the Ultimate "Collection" which inlcude HoT and PoF.

Thanks! This is the best answer i've seen. I went ahead and started a refund support ticket.

I think many people made the mistake of buying the Collection version while already owning both HoT/PoF. I don't think there is a any warning against it.

I already asked to get my refund in my ticket even if support haven't got to that conclusion yet.

Edited by azarhal.3086

14 minutes ago, azarhal.3086 said:

I think many people made the mistake of buying the Collection version while already owning both HoT/PoF. I don't think there is a any warning against it.

I already asked to get my refund in my ticket even if support haven't got to that conclusion yet.

No, collection codes got wrongly distributed among standalone versions. 

2 minutes ago, Casual Dad.2358 said:

Not necessarily true.  In my case it was admittedly, user error.  One quick way to check is in how much you paid.  If you paid $99 then you bought the collection.  If you paid $79 then you got the standalone.

I paid 79.00$ and my invoice clearly says EoD Ultimate.