"This serial code has already been applied to your account."

2 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Hi all, I just wanted to jump into this thread and let you know that I am talking with other teams about this to confirm that everyone who needs to be is aware of this and working on it. I'm sorry about the issue, but we'll have it corrected as soon as we can. 

Do we have to send a ticket when we are unlucky with the code "already applied" ? Or do we just have to wait and see ?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, steve.2945 said:

I sent one in tuesday evening, I asked for refund so i can try and buy it ingame, ill post an update if I get a different result.

Thank you.

I won't ask for a refund myself. I don't need anything today. I just want to run around with my new raptor. But I can wait for that. xD I guess.

The bad consequence is that i'll wait to add EoD to my second account ... And this is not bad for myself. Only for the arenanet bank account.

Edit : I've sent a ticket. Still don't want a refund. I'll just wait for the answer. Because of what I've read here and there, maybe I'll buy the "fourth" expansion in game and not with the website. XD See you in 2027 for that.

Edited by MornJack.3579

1 hour ago, Tony.8659 said:

I to just had this happen. But on my account page where you redeem codes it says End of Dragons Active. But I still have to redeem the code I got when I bought it? I bought it in game not on the website.  Heres how it looks: https://ibb.co/kympSNQ 

When you buy it in game it is automaticly applied..

Do save the email code tho since that can be used to prove ownership of your account.

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

When you buy it in game it is automaticly applied..

Do save the email code tho since that can be used to prove ownership of your account.

OK thanks, I kinda forgot if it still needed to be applied. I haven't used a code I think since PoF 🙂  Yes I printed out the email as well. I keep them all and put them in my GW2 CE box 😀

23 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Hi all, I just wanted to jump into this thread and let you know that I am talking with other teams about this to confirm that everyone who needs to be is aware of this and working on it. I'm sorry about the issue, but we'll have it corrected as soon as we can. 

Happy to hear, finger crossed hope my code is replaced with a working one soon. 🙂

• Like 1

To be honest I’m not liking how this is handled. Three days and we still don’t know how this is going to be addressed nor when.

For the price I paid I expect better. Right now as it stand my money is being held, I was not given the product I paid for and we’re kept in the dark about this. I mean, players are already figuring out that the issue is because we were accidentally given Collection serial codes (which don’t work on accounts with pre-owned expansions), so how hard can it be to simply give affected players a working code?

Yeah I know they’re working on a solution. Of course they are. I know we should all be waiting. And I know they’re doing ‘their best’, but I still feel it’s not being handled properly. 

I could take the situation into my own hand, ask for a refund since the code I was given is defective and purchase at a later date when all of this is sorted out. At least I would be in control.

Edited by NickChabby.8907

17 minutes ago, NickChabby.8907 said:

To be honest I’m not liking how this is handled. Three days and we still don’t know how this is going to be addressed nor when.

For the price I paid I expect better. Right now as it stand my money is being held, I was not given the product I paid for and we’re kept in the dark about this. I mean, players are already figuring out that the issue is because we were accidentally given Collection serial codes (which don’t work on accounts with pre-owned expansions), so how hard can it be to simply give affected players a working code?

Yeah I know they’re working on a solution. Of course they are. I know we should all be waiting. And I know they’re doing ‘their best’, but I still feel it’s not being handled properly. 

I could take the situation into my own hand, ask for a refund since the code I was given is defunct and purchase at a later date when all of this is sorted out. At least I would be in control.

You'll still be waiting if you ask for a refund, they are overwhelmed in tickets.

Edited by azarhal.3086
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, azarhal.3086 said:

You'll still be waiting if you ask for a refund, they are overwhelmed in tickets.

Indeed but I'd rather have my ticket and my waiting be about a refund request than waiting for something I paid for to even work with a very vague "We're doing... things... and your purchase will work... at some point, maybe".

9 minutes ago, NickChabby.8907 said:

Indeed but I'd rather have my ticket and my waiting be about a refund request than waiting for something I paid for to even work with a very vague "We're doing... things... and your purchase will work... at some point, maybe".

"Things" are quite easy, aren't they ? Make the codes available ? Unlock them ? I've send a picture of my code. They "simply" can apply it.
😇

13 minutes ago, MornJack.3579 said:

Expac will only be available in february. What we have now are skin, skin, skin ... yeah, we can wait. 😃

And 4000 gems.

And indeed, with Eod being so far away, there is no reason for them to keep my 104$ CAD, I'll spend this elsewhere until they sort this out.