"This serial code has already been applied to your account."

3 hours ago, azarhal.3086 said:

You'll still be waiting if you ask for a refund, they are overwhelmed in tickets.

One of the major red flag here is the fact that this should be considered as a Top Priority Iissue.
No matter the queue, this should be looked towards over everything else at the exception of Severe Crashes, due to the fact the issue revolve around a "Paid" product (nonetheless offered as a Pre-Order).

Leaving this issue with no sign or news of actual improvements, over a period of 4 days, is just not looking very good in the eye of a Customer and potentially could be brought to a Customer Protection firm, if there is a decision by the customer to reverse it.

The Company does need to do better on that level, because that could seriously impede on the company on different levels.

They had to work hard to get most of the player base trust back after the last few years, but it is also very easy to lose it again.

And that would definitively be bad for the company health to do so.

Edited by WyvrnRipsnarl.5918
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Fire Attunement.9835
This was posted a bit ago by you:

Is the reason for that "Level 80 Boost Issue" also the reason why there seems to have been no current progress on the "Already Redeemed Code" Issue?

I'm pretty sure if you could clarify the link between both Issue to lighten our moods, as we have also been waiting to get our Raptor Skin, Cape, Titles, etc. For a very long time now.

Clarifying this would definitively put ease to mind.

• Like 1

Yeah the level 80 booster had more acknowledgment and updates about it (at least one tweet and now two announcements) than our situation.

I’m having trouble believing Anet has nothing to share nor didn’t discover anything in three days. Hell we don’t even have a thread about this in News and Announcements. Can we at least have a proper acknowledgment?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think they had previous issues from the lvl 80 booster. Few years ago. It probably was "easy" to fix. Experience helps.

No word about the code issue is not true. We had an answer here, in this thread, really fast. What would you want them to share ?

Day 1 : the message posted here

Day 2 : Still no clue why your code isn't working.

Day 3 : we confirm you still can't redeem your code.

Day 4 : We have no clue what is not working.

They are officialy working on it. This should be fine by us. I guess. Let's just be confident and patient.

But, after all those years supporting Anet, I'm regularly amazed things like this keep happening. I'd like to know if other companies go through similar problems.

🤯

2 hours ago, MornJack.3579 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I think they had previous issues from the lvl 80 booster. Few years ago. It probably was "easy" to fix. Experience helps.

No word about the code issue is not true. We had an answer here, in this thread, really fast. What would you want them to share ?

Day 1 : the message posted here

Day 2 : Still no clue why your code isn't working.

Day 3 : we confirm you still can't redeem your code.

Day 4 : We have no clue what is not working.

They are officialy working on it. This should be fine by us. I guess. Let's just be confident and patient.

But, after all those years supporting Anet, I'm regularly amazed things like this keep happening. I'd like to know if other companies go through similar problems.

🤯

It is generally the mission of a company to make sure that even if the news are redundant to keep  the flow of updates coming.
Especially with this type of issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I finally received a response from support about my serial code already being applied... and this is what they said.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We just wanted to let you know that we are working on your ticket. We are trying to find a solution for you and will let you know as soon as we have new information.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards"

• Like 1

Just now, wheelsonheels.1937 said:

Well I finally received a response from support about my serial code already being applied... and this is what they said.

"Hello,

We just wanted to let you know that we are working on your ticket. We are trying to find a solution for you and will let you know as soon as we have new information.

Regards"

same answer i got word for word 

5 minutes ago, wheelsonheels.1937 said:

"Hello,

Regards"

Got the exact same answer haha

1 hour ago, wheelsonheels.1937 said:

"Hello,

Regards"

Exactly mine.

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Of course all replies will be the same.  They aren't likely to let each CS Team member make up their own response. 

Consistency is important, and prevents additional tickets stating "GM Soandso said 'x', why didn't you?". 

i find with anet they normally don't though with support tickets they try to make each one one on one.

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Of course all replies will be the same.  They aren't likely to let each CS Team member make up their own response. 

Consistency is important, and prevents additional tickets stating "GM Soandso said 'x', why didn't you?". 

I didn't received the same. 😄 They asked me for more information about my purchase... Even if I sent them a screenshot of the purchase/bill... Anyway. Let's wait again !

• Like 2

And scene ! I finally received the same answer :

"Hello,
Thank you for the update.
We just wanted to let you know that we are working on your ticket. This is a known issue and we are trying to find a solution for you and will let you know as soon as we have new information."

He, he. Hope. Hope is life ! 😇 And patience too.

Good luck to the team who is working on this. Be brave, you can do this.

So I have made a refund request and an attempt to buy via the Gemstore; same issue.

However to make it worse, the time for the Customer Service takes to reply to your ticket is so long that refunding might cause you more grief than anything else.
I had to deal with PayPal to fix the amount because the long replies meant that there was a shift in the economy, meaning that your refund might less than what you paid for the expansion (if you are not using the USD currency) and that is a major problem.
I would have lost 5$ (still a meaningful amount considering the price), if I didn't asked PP to fix the shot (which they did as a one-time courtesy).

So a Message to the Devs, you better be prioritizing this issue and fixing it, because this is approaching a Scamming Level.
The Preorders has started definitively prematurely.
From this experience, my unfortunate advice would be: To tell as many people to not Preorder EoD  at all, not until this Issue is addressed and fixed.

19 minutes ago, WyvrnRipsnarl.5918 said:

So I have made a refund request and an attempt to buy via the Gemstore; same issue.

However to make it worse, the time for the Customer Service takes to reply to your ticket is so long that refunding might cause you more grief than anything else.
I had to deal with PayPal to fix the amount because the long replies meant that there was a shift in the economy, meaning that your refund might less than what you paid for the expansion (if you are not using the USD currency) and that is a major problem.
I would have lost 5$ (still a meaningful amount considering the price), if I didn't asked PP to fix the shot (which they did as a one-time courtesy).

So a Message to the Devs, you better be prioritizing this issue and fixing it, because this is approaching a Scamming Level.
The Preorders has started definitively prematurely.
From this experience, my unfortunate advice would be: To tell as many people to not Preorder EoD  at all, not until this Issue is addressed and fixed.

Oh, thanks for taking the risk, not we know 😕

They should definitely halt purchases until this is resolved. How can this happen when HoT and PoF both went so smoothly...

Just now, NickChabby.8907 said:

Oh, thanks for taking the risk, not we know 😕

They should definitely halt purchases until this is resolved. How can this happen when HoT and PoF both went so smoothly...

AFAIK... since PoF, I think they got hit the 2020 Layoffs, COVID-19 and everything else, although it doesn't fully excuses the lack in pre-planification that could have been a bit more prioritized over "the Money Gaining Objective" because by now it is just more appearant that money is the Top Objective rather than creating an experience that is smooth and up for everyone.

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I sure hope you didn't have PayPal charge-back your purchase.

If that's what happened, be prepared to lose your account, and be unable to purchase anything associated with Digital River, again. 

No, ANet approved the refund first.
However the amount received was incorrect due to Customer Support taking too much time and exchange rates having changed, which in the end lead to me losing money in my currency which equivalates to a Theft. 

I had PP doing a one-time credit to balance my PP Account to what was missing.

The morale with this experience is don't go through the refund process, wait out; but also do not Pre-Order anything from this game until things are formally announced as Failproofed from now onwards.

EDIT (as someone actually got confused): "PP" stands for "PayPal"

• Confused 1

Reading some of these comments makes me laugh how self entitled, self righteous,  some of you are, there's an issue with a few players.....obviously in the current climate Anet like 99% of companies have had/continue to have reduced staffing. We all pre ordered EoD because we are greedy n wanted all those little extra things now.....which none of them effect our ability to play the game. Some of you need to show some a bit of patience, understanding and just attitude. So what there's an issue, will I get my account upgraded to the new expansion n the extras thing included at some point? Yes/ Hopefully, will I continue playing while waiting? Yes. Am I in no rush for any of those things? No I'm not, a few would have been nice (I was tempted to boost a new alt and kit it out, but I'm happy to have something to look forward too) remember guys, you aren't the only one playing, there's millions of others too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, JamiousDaywalker.2496 said:

Reading some of these comments makes me laugh how self entitled, self righteous,  some of you are,

Oh I’m sorry that I care about what happens with things I paid for? Especially when it’s above 100$ CAD?

The level-80 booster situation received numerous updates since the issue started, including a tweet, two notices and even its own dedicated explanation thread in News and Announcements.

Meanwhile all those affected by invalid serials have is a mere ‘the team is aware’ post from six days ago somewhere in this thread and nothing else. We don’t even have a dedicated update thread by the devs about it.

And worse: people can still receive invalid serial codes as evidenced by WyvrnRipsnarl.5918. The access to EoD’s purchases were not even halted despite the clear presence of a major issue.

It’s not about the wait, it’s not about the goodies, it’s simply about communication and showing activity. The bare minimum.

Edited by NickChabby.8907
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NickChabby.8907 said:

Oh I’m sorry that I care about what happens with things I paid for? Especially when it’s above 100$ CAD?

The level-80 booster situation received numerous updates since the issue started, including a tweet, two updates and even its own dedicated explanation thread in News and Announcements.

Meanwhile all those affected by invalid serials have is a mere ‘the team is aware’ post from six days ago somewhere in this thread and nothing else. We don’t even have a dedicated update thread by the devs about it.

And worse: people can still receive invalid serial codes as evidenced by WyvrnRipsnarl.5918. The access to EoD’s purchases were not even halted despite the clear presence of a major issue.

It’s not about the wait, it’s not about the goodies, it’s simply about communication and showing activity. The bare minimum.

As I mentioned at multiple occasions during the thread, I do not expect nor care about to receive any sort of extra compensation for the issue.

HOWEVER, I am in my entire right to expect what I actually paid for, and if there is delays, there is Need for the information to be communicated, otherwise I'm in my right to ask a FULL REFUND.
That is the Customer Protection Law that all Sellers must abide by.

I do completely understand from a developer standpoints what could be a showstopper, however with every evidences shown by now, I cannot turn my eyes blindly and will state my right as a customer.

If I need to talk as a Dev-QA Tester, this sort of issue (in relation to a Monetary Transaction) is plain inacceptable and would in major amount of cases (as we speak of a polling) would not allow the game to be released. Yet under those terms, the fact it still has been is clearly a premature decision. So there has to be a Fix now, or the product has to be taken down from the storefront.

ANet has multiple amounts of time, vowed to improve on their communication with the Customers as they discerned that their was legit concerns from the Customer Party.
However so far little has been shown, that outside the "Pretty Flowers" Announcements and plans in the Future, they still hides the "Darker Corners" of the Developement, like if they don't want to be involved in such issues.

2 hours ago, JamiousDaywalker.2496 said:

Reading some of these comments makes me laugh how self entitled, self righteous,  some of you are, there's an issue with a few players.....obviously in the current climate Anet like 99% of companies have had/continue to have reduced staffing. We all pre ordered EoD because we are greedy n wanted all those little extra things now.....which none of them effect our ability to play the game. Some of you need to show some a bit of patience, understanding and just attitude. So what there's an issue, will I get my account upgraded to the new expansion n the extras thing included at some point? Yes/ Hopefully, will I continue playing while waiting? Yes. Am I in no rush for any of those things? No I'm not, a few would have been nice (I was tempted to boost a new alt and kit it out, but I'm happy to have something to look forward too) remember guys, you aren't the only one playing, there's millions of others too.

- You call us Self-Righteous, when it is OUR RIGHT to bring to light when something is not actually working as intended (which you cannot refute is actually is not working as intended).
- If you want to Excuse ANet about the reduce staffing, perhaps you should start to wonder, why the reducing happened in the first place (if the game is soo perfect as you "would" claim to be).
- Pre-Orders with Extra Things, especially if they are called "Pre-Purchase/Purchase Bonuses" are intended to work at the time of the purchase, not week(s) later.
- A lot of us that are not just to complain and gave gave enough time and chances to ANet to prove that they are up to their own words and make the necessary actions to Communicate about any concerns; especially something as BIG as a Pre-Order.
(In case my point earlier last night was not clear enough, giving time to ANet with this "particular" Issue is bad, as it too close for even comfort to a SCAM Level Transaction. Refunds are not 1:1 ratioed due to the flow of the Economy. As I sadly experienced last night. You are not getting the "Full" Refund you are applying for even though it is written on the agreement by CS. If you use your Right to apply for a Refund to purchase later, ANet still gets away with that Twist.)
- Your argument about "Not Hindering our ability to play the game" is largely incorrect. As a Level 80 Boost and Shared Slots (which definitively had an announcement and several communications addressed) definitively does not hindrance your ability to play as much as Pre-Order Codes not registering with their systems would (which by the way also failpositives the code as "Applied to the Account" which is not the case, making it more flaggrant that they don't even acknowledge it) which does limit our ability to use what we paid for that is Unique (Raptor, Cape, Title, Weapon Skins, etc.)
- And Lastly, if you are SOOOO confident about where you Stand, I am pretty sure that a lot of us in this Thread you have very much liked to see YOU being one of those with the current issue, so you could prove that your own standpoint against us; a lot of us would just want the same experience as yours, so you are in no place to talk about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JamiousDaywalker.2496 said:

Please explain how someone reporting that there is a problem after purchase makes them "self entitled" and "self righteous". 

Go on... we're waiting.

Edited by wheelsonheels.1937
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1