Shortbow is the next Elite spec

Sunshine.5014

Since Pistol is already taken by Necro, Ele only has a couple choices left: Mace, Rifle, Torch, Short Bow. Other weapons either are existed or conjurable.

Among Mace, Rifle, Short Bow, the last one is the most plausible. Mace is a pure melee weapon, which Ele already has with Weaver Sword. Rifle is just not thematic with Ele. Torch is out because they can't make Water Attunement to work. Short Bow is now the best candidate.

Conclusion: go buy your Short Bow precursor before it shooting up in price like Pistol precursor today.

Edited by Sunshine.5014

Aye already have shortbow.

I don't have much faith in conjured weapons becoming spec weapons so Axe, Shortbow, Hammer and Greatsword are weapons I'd be confident in ruling out although i'm not going to be adamant about it lol

I think Longbow is more likely than Shortbow in this regard which would also be the better choice imo.
Adding to that if Ele does get Longbow it will be the only!! light armour profession in the game that can actually use this weapon.
The same is true for Shortbow too but again, conjured weapons do technically allow for Ele and other light professions to pick up and use one.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

Since Pistol is already taken by Necro, Ele only has a couple choices left: Mace, Rifle, Torch, Short Bow. Other weapons either are existed or conjurable.

Among Mace, Rifle, Short Bow, the last one is the most plausible. Mace is a pure melee weapon, which Ele already has with Weaver Sword. Rifle is just not thematic with Ele. Torch is out because they can't make Water Attunement to work. Short Bow is now the best candidate.

Conclusion: go buy your Short Bow precursor before it shooting up in price like Pistol precursor today.

Weaver and Holo both got swords in PoF. Nothing says another profession can't also get pistols.

That said one of the icons screamed Arcane Archer. My bet is Longbow.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Weaver and Holo both got swords in PoF. Nothing says another profession can't also get pistols.

That said one of the icons screamed Arcane Archer. My bet is Longbow.

One can only pray...this community is hard tired of melee combat where you need to constantly hug your target for damage, let's ele players for once play like a  classic glass cannon ranged mage like elementalist class is in all other MMOS, only in GW2 an elementalist has to go toe to toe melee range with enemies while still being an actual mage.

1) No hybrid weapon....full kitten power damage on all attunements, no half baked skils , half condi, half power BS where you need to use cele gear to max anything

2) No long kitten casting time with rooting bullcrap, after cast and snail moving animations

3)An actual scary elite to slot and something people are constantly afraid of..like they are of rampage, lich form etc etc

I pray for all of this......

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

One can only pray...this community is hard tired of melee combat where you need to constantly hug your target for damage, let's ele players for once play like a  classic glass cannon ranged mage like elementalist class is in all other MMOS, only in GW2 an elementalist has to go toe to toe melee range with enemies while still being an actual mage.

1) No hybrid weapon....full kitten power damage on all attunements, no half baked skils , half condi, half power BS where you need to use cele gear to max anything

2) No long kitten casting time with rooting bullcrap, after cast and snail moving animations

3)An actual scary elite to slot and something people are constantly afraid of..like they are of rampage, lich form etc etc

The tone is salty and I have to say sword weaver and dagger ele feel pretty fantastic to me, but I agree with the overall message.  It's time for ele to have a new ranged weapon with a more mobile play style than staff allows.

8 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I'd lower your expectations. 

Historically, melee combat is higher dmg. And even if bow is best dps, you'll still stack in melee for high end PvE content (fractals, raids, strikes).

High ranged dmg will be great for open world and PvP/WvW if, and that is a big if, ele gets weapon swap if it to be able to deal with melee situations.

Keep in mind though, the elite spec is more than just the weapon. 

The bow can be a great addition, but the spec could also have great synergy with core weapons.

19 hours ago, Sunshine.5014 said:

Since Pistol is already taken by Necro, Ele only has a couple choices left: Mace, Rifle, Torch, Short Bow.

So, I'm confused.  Why does Necro getting a Pistol mean Ele can't?

HoT gave a Shield to both Rev (albeit it was introduced in HoT) and Mesmer.  Both Ranger and Thief gained Staff as a weapon.

PoF gave Guardian and Mesmer an Axe, both Engi and Ele Sword mh, and while Warrior got both Main and off hand, it and Ranger both got Daggers.

I can't see why Ele can't have a pistol outside of players just not wanting it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

HoT gave a Shield to both Rev (albeit it was introduced in HoT) and Mesmer.  Both Ranger and Thief gained Staff as a weapon.

PoF gave Guardian and Mesmer an Axe, both Engi and Ele Sword mh, and while Warrior got both Main and off hand, it and Ranger both got Daggers.

This. I don't understand why Necro getting Pistol immediately means Elementalist wont. There is clearly an upcoming spec that is going to be using some sort of gun-based projectile. I know people are automatically assuming the Super Sayian hair icon is the new Ele Spec, but again, if we didn't know about Virtuoso, I'm sure people would have been saying the three dagger icon was for Thief. Nothing is set in stone yet, so lets not act like it is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

You could kind of use your imagination that scepter is a type of "gun" much like ppl are looking at necro pistol as another axe main hand lol. We need a scepter that looks like a ray gun or something hehe.

Weapons dont seem that important for the ele class any way (there realty no attk ranged type the class is missing atm) lets hope the F5 or atument base effects are something better then overloads and dule atuments.

10 hours ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

This. I don't understand why Necro getting Pistol immediately means Elementalist wont. There is clearly an upcoming spec that is going to be using some sort of gun-based projectile. I know people are automatically assuming the Super Sayian hair icon is the new Ele Spec, but again, if we didn't know about Virtuoso, I'm sure people would have been saying the three dagger icon was for Thief. Nothing is set in stone yet, so lets not act like it is.

I'm betting the projectile icon will be the Necro's since we know that one is getting a pistol.
I have a feeling that their lifeforce mechanic will also be themed around a gun this time too.

The "Super Sayian hair icon" as you put it looks a lot like an oncoming flaming arrow to me which is why I think it definitely belongs to the ele and why I think ele will be getting a longbow this time around.
Just all fits.

I've done a little image on what profession I think each new spec icon goes with.
https://imgur.com/bRvlGL8
Looking forward to finding out how many I got right or not lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

I'm betting the projectile icon will be the Necro's since we know that one is getting a pistol.
I have a feeling that their lifeforce mechanic will also be themed around a gun this time too.

The "Super Sayian hair icon" as you put it looks a lot like an oncoming flaming arrow to me which is why I think it definitely belongs to the ele and why I think ele will be getting a longbow this time around.
Just all fits.

I've done a little image on what profession I think each new spec icon goes with.

My brother.... finally someone who agrees with me on all the elite spec icon predictions. :')

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 5:17 AM, Sunshine.5014 said:

Dont do this. Please.

There are chances that it will be rifle or sth. Dont make people buy sth for 100-600 Gold thats maybe useless after official news.

Just Imagine people buy shortbow precursor and its not shortbow after.

I am a big friend of theory crafting but theories are theories and not official. Dont make people lose Gold because of your personal theories. 

I wont hate u if its not shortbow because i will not buy anything before sth official comes out. But people that buy sth bc of u, will ofc hate u. 

Obv I could be wrong but there is a CHANCE that it will be shortbow and its not 100% Chance. Its a high Chance that it will be rifle or sth imo. Magic Bullet shooting and sth yk. 

Edited by SeTect.5918

Id say its torch off hand. Hot we got warhorn offhand, pof we got sword mainhand, this time around its gana be offhand and its torch.  I feel ele should already be able to use it. A torch is fire on a stick endless fire on a stick and your telling me a magic user cant make that work for them?

4 minutes ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Id say its torch off hand. Hot we got warhorn offhand, pof we got sword mainhand, this time around its gana be offhand and its torch.  I feel ele should already be able to use it. A torch is fire on a stick endless fire on a stick and your telling me a magic user cant make that work for them?

I would love an off hand torch! (It would have to change flames base off of your atument.) The ele classes 4 and 5 skills are far more importen then its 123 (unless the 3 is different over all like what we saw with weaver).

Off hand torch that is base off of making combo fields and doing combos! The dream!

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

My brother.... finally someone who agrees with me on all the elite spec icon predictions. :')

Great minds eh 😄 haha

I can't wait to see them all and find out how many we got right XD

Edited by Teratus.2859

9 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Just all fits.

Personally, I think a safer bet for Necromancer would be the distorted potion that has the evil looking eye in the center considering the teaser picture shows green orb looking potions, leaving the gun icon still up for debate.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Personally, I think a safer bet for Necromancer would be the distorted potion that has the evil looking eye in the center considering the teaser picture shows green orb looking potions, leaving the gun icon still up for debate.

The gun icon can also be a Rifle. Maybe I should buy a Rifle precursor too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fuzzyp.6295 said:

Could very well be 🙂

I also think the Warrior and Thief icons could be switched as well and still make sense haha
I really can't wait to find out ^^