When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

23 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

You can farm for gems in game for free , as for tengu we will need pay dlc or expanshion with real monay, thay only need make one map as homeland

If I need to farm anything, it's not "for free" in the meaning I intended there. You seem to be missing the point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, killforbeers.7534 said:

Quick question, you have been posting for a while 4k+ I am sure you do remember so many negative posts and feedback saying no WvW Alliance it will end GW2, etc... At one point I do recall ANET previous management mentioned way before WvW Alliance that WvW was at that time at the back-end and they were focused at that time in PvP eSport and PVE/LivingWorld.

Now we have new ANET management (Mike Back) and we are going to get WvW Alliance.

So posting what you would like may end up getting it or not but if you don't post or ask we will never know if you get it or not.

I think you've missed the part I wrote in the post you've quoted, so I'll repeat it here:

In reality not every "want" is a reason to include it in the game. New race doesn't add much to the game in terms of gameplay patterns, while it potentially takes significant amount of resources that could be used better -both for the players and the company.

I never said nothing players want should be included in the game. I never said the company can't change their mind about the content they add. The new playable race adds almost nothing meaningful to the game in terms of gameplay patterns, but it sure does force them to use a lot of resources. Alliances have nothing to do with it.

As for the some free gem store items request you mentioned above we got that as well as ANET does give us some free items from the gem store from time to time.  🙂

Yes, that free repair canister is totally what I'm talking about in my example 😉  

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I missed your point as bullets in matrix as you "want" gems for free while most ppl that want tengu offer to pay with real monay

, will anet be motivated inaf to grab that adional cash is up to them xd

26 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If I need to farm anything, it's not "for free" in the meaning I intended there. You seem to be missing the point.

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

9 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

I missed your point as bullets in matrix as you "want" gems for free while most ppl that want tengu offer to pay with real monay guaranted to buy eod if that happyn or small dlc if not, will anet be motivated inaf to grab that adional cash is up to them xd

Sure, except they pay for eod anyways, even without tengu.

As I said in one of the previous posts in this thread (that apparently "confused" some people for some reason 😉 ) -if the players enjoy the game, they'll generally buy eod anyways just because it adds more/new content. If someone doesn't enjoy the game and doesn't plan to buy eod, tengu just won't change that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sure, except they pay for eod anyways, even without tengu.

Desped, its like for raid player if eod will not bring new wings. Raiders will less likely want to buy new expanshion, Tengu mostly want casual or rp players ak main target of game and for many players fishing or 2 adional mounts atm arent inaf motivation if thay will not like new class

6 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Desped, its like for raid player if eod will not bring new wings. Raiders will less want to buy new expanshion, Tengu mostly want casual or rp players ak main target of game and for many players fishing or 2 adional mounts atm arent inaf motivation if thay will not like new class

No, it's nothing like that, because one is playable content and the other is textures for the playable character. Pretty sure that's what I keep writing for the past few posts, but for some reason you seem to keep missing that point. Or are you making a choice to miss it? -because if that's the case then I'll just stop repeating myself.

I'd like to see all those "RPers that didn't/won't buy eod because there's no playable tengu".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, it's nothing like that, because one is playable content and the other is textures for the playable character. That's what I keep writing, but for some reason you seem to keep missing that point.

I'd like to see those "RPers that didn't/won't buy eod because there's no playable tengu".

Thats what i want point out for some pll its only textures, for other pll way of life or ability to expres themselfs. Topic is on good position as its more likely thay will put tengu in game now when thay work on new content. Answering  is spending resorces on something better, wuld be prob good idea, but if alone puting tengu will bring alot profit. That will sponsore some wvw balances patches on way as well xd

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Thats what i want point out for some pll its only textures, for other pll way of life or ability to expres themselfs. Topic is on good position as its more likely thay will put tengu in game now when thay work on new content. Answering  is spending resorces on something better, wuld be prob good idea, but if alone puting tengu will bring alot profit. That will sponsore some wvw balances patches on way as well xd

There is no guarantee that any profit will go towards specific content.  Heck, there's no guarantee that tengu will bring significant profit to justify the resources needed to produce it.  Only ANet knows.

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I want to get gemstore items for free. Now that we identified my wants, it needs to happen or I won't be happy, so it's going against the "key to a successful business", right?

In reality not every "want" is a reason to include it in the game. New race doesn't add much to the game in terms of gameplay patterns, while it potentially takes significant amount of resources that could be used better -both for the players and the company.

This is the weakest attempt of a strawman arguement I have ever heard.

You want free items. I want to pay for a new race. See the difference?

Why do you think Anet added gliding, mounts, and now skiffs? To make the game better? Lmao no.

To sell you skins on the store, that's why. New race means new fashion, which means people invest in new skins from the store. People basically pay for both the race and then all the stuff the buy for it. Double monetization and plenty of hype to be generated.

If new races are such a failure and nobody wants them then why do all the competitors keep adding new races, and why did GW2 launch with 5 instead of 1? GW1 only had one race so they could've went with that but they didn't. Clearly they thought it was worth it back then.

Edited by witcher.3197
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, TheLadyOfTheRings.9148 said:

I have to disagree 🙂 

The relevance of race goes way beyond those 3 chapters of personal story, in my opinion. Many players prefer some races over the others, because each race is unique.

I understand why many players would like to have more playable races available. I just don't know if anet is willing to invest in more races.

You can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter: the race is only relevant during the first 30 levels, where your steps vary depending on your race. After that the only thing that changes are a very small bunch of dialogues, nothing else.

Players preferring specific races over others is a completely different matter, of course everyone will choose whatever they like the most, but you choosing Charr and me choosing Human has no differences or impact outside the appareance and some truly irrelevant skills. Therefore, the races doesn't matter after the first 30 levels. 

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I think you've missed the part I wrote in the post you've quoted, so I'll repeat it here:

I never said nothing players want should be included in the game. I never said the company can't change their mind about the content they add. The new playable race adds almost nothing meaningful to the game in terms of gameplay patterns, but it sure does force them to use a lot of resources. Alliances have nothing to do with it.

Yes, that free repair canister is totally what I'm talking about in my example 😉  

Hello Sobx,

Please note the following:

1. Please show me where in my comment did I say that you said "..nothing players want should be included in the game.." because I know what I typed and I did not type that at all.
  2. I asked you a question since you have 4k+ posts. I asked if you recall the issues with the WvW Alliance.
    1. Quick question, you have been posting for a while 4k+ I am sure you do remember so many negative posts and feedback saying no WvW Alliance it will end GW2, etc..."  because I see the same issues that topic had in its long lists of postings and yet we will have it in EOD.
  3. I did not miss that part of "not every" want. My comments is based on this comment "...I want to get gemstore items for free. Now that we identified my wants, it needs to happen or I won't be happy, so it's going against the "key to a successful business", right?..."

I asked you a question based on the amount of postings you have and it was not an attack at you but a simple question as " Hey you have a 4k+ postings you remember the feedback from WvW Alliance...." simple. and I did not say that you said..."....". 

In addition, it is true not every "want" we ask in the game will happen but if we do not ask - then how would we know.

Maybe just maybe they at that moment in time they may say no under that management but hey that was the case with WvW Alliance and now we have a new management and now its included in EOD.

So in conclusion,  I asked you a question and your 2nd paragraph in your reply is not nothing based on my comments saying you said...

Maybe my smile face pissed you off and you posted but if you read it - I asked you a question and pointed out we did get some free items in the gem store - so not every "want' was granted but at least we got something.

Note (no smile face at the end as it may be a trigger. oO

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, witcher.3197 said:

This is the weakest attempt of a strawman arguement I have ever heard.

Ok, since I've been rightfully called out on a straman argument, here's the version without creating a strawman:

Not every "want" is a reason to include it in the game. New race doesn't add much to the game in terms of gameplay patterns, while it potentially takes significant amount of resources that could be used better -both for the players and the company.

You'll buy eod (if you haven't already) without a new race. Same like me, without getting free items. So no, I don't exactly see the difference.

To sell you skins on the store, that's why. New race means new fashion

No, it doesn't. It means same fashion and same gemstore with additional work to make those same skins fit more character models. So the argument you're trying to make here is false.

nobody wants

I never said "nobody wants them", so not sure how that's a response to anything I said.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Thats what i want point out for some pll its only textures, for other pll way of life or ability to expres themselfs

Claiming that having/not having playable tengus in the game is "a way of life" is a huge stretch -to put it lightly.

Topic is on good position as its more likely thay will put tengu in game now when thay work on new content.

It's more likely that the final decision about having or not having a new race for the expansion is already made.

but if alone puting tengu will bring alot profit.

How? Pretty sure it just wouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You'll buy eod (if you haven't already) without a new race. Same like me, without getting free items. So no, I don't exactly see the difference.

To sell you skins on the store, that's why. New race means new fashion

No, it doesn't. It means same fashion and same gemstore with additional work to make those same skins fit more character models. So the argument you're trying to make here is false.

nobody wants

I never said "nobody wants them", so not sure how that's a response to anything I said.

Some may take issue with this, but you arent wrong. The amount of work required to make tengu playable(Even though they -have- been constantly updating them throughout the course of the game) and to backfit all the skins to them, would be massive. Could be something they are working on too, we just wont ever know.

5 hours ago, witcher.3197 said:

You know it, Anet knows it. 

But I guess the key to a successful business is to identify what your customers want and then reject the idea with every fiber of your being.

Which consumers? How many by percentage? What do you have to give up in order to get that in development terms?

I used to run a computer store. We has a mac section. My customers who loved the mac used to come in there and buy software. But there weren't really that many of them.  They were just very devoted to mac. They sincerely believed it was the best computer and that was that. 

At one point we decided the space that took up mac software was better used for something else, and we got rid of our mac software completely. The mac clients were NOT impressed. They told us how we'd go out of business by making such a stupid decision. We patiently explained to them they represented a very small segment of our population and that space was at a premium. The mac department wasn't making enough money to pay it's share of our rent.

As it turns out, our profits went up when we closed our mac department, in spite of several people who never shopped there again. Well probably a couple of dozen people.

Everyone thinks they know what's better for a business based on their own vast experience, even if they've never worked in that industry and never ran that type of business. And sometimes they might be right...but I don't think it's as often as they think it is.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, killforbeers.7534 said:

Hello Sobx,

Please note the following:

1. Please show me where in my comment did I say that you said "..nothing players want should be included in the game.." because I know what I typed and I did not type that at all.
  2. I asked you a question since you have 4k+ posts. I asked if you recall the issues with the WvW Alliance.
    1. Quick question, you have been posting for a while 4k+ I am sure you do remember so many negative posts and feedback saying no WvW Alliance it will end GW2, etc..."  because I see the same issues that topic had in its long lists of postings and yet we will have it in EOD.
  3. I did not miss that part of "not every" want. My comments is based on this comment "...I want to get gemstore items for free. Now that we identified my wants, it needs to happen or I won't be happy, so it's going against the "key to a successful business", right?..."

I asked you a question based on the amount of postings you have and it was not an attack at you but a simple question as " Hey you have a 4k+ postings you remember the feedback from WvW Alliance...." simple. and I did not say that you said..."....". 

In addition, it is true not every "want" we ask in the game will happen but if we do not ask - then how would we know.

Maybe just maybe they at that moment in time they may say no under that management but hey that was the case with WvW Alliance and now we have a new management and now its included in EOD.

So in conclusion,  I asked you a question and your 2nd paragraph in your reply is not nothing based on my comments saying you said...

Maybe my smile face pissed you off and you posted but if you read it - I asked you a question and pointed out we did get some free items in the gem store - so not every "want' was granted but at least we got something.

Note (no smile face at the end as it may be a trigger. oO

Nothing "triggered" or "pissed me off" there, not sure why you're trying to imply anything like that. 🤨 

If that wasn't the point of your post, then I'm not sure what was. Alliances or the fact that the situation changed from "we're not adding it" to "we're adding it" doesn't seem to be relevant to anything I wrote.

1. If none of that is what you've meant, then explain to me how it has any relevance to what I'm saying in this thread, because to me -for now- it seems like an attempt at strawman and nothing more. Quick version of what you wrote in your initial response to me (just the bold parts, for visibility):

-"anet didn't add alliances and now they'll add them"  -ok? How does it answer to anything I said? (that's also exactly where my comment about "I never said the company can't change their mind about the content they add" came from btw, I just don't see how mentioning anything like that applies to anything I said)

-"So posting what you would like may end up getting it or not but if you don't post or ask we will never know if you get it or not." -again, ok? If you understand I never wrote "nothing players want should be included in the game" then what exactly was even the point of including this in the response to me? What were you trying to show if not that?

2. Post count is irrelevant to anything, how about you stop fixating on that and focus more on the contents of the posts instead?

3. Ok, I still don't see the connection between my post and your previous response. Obviously, it doesn't mean there isn't one, but I just can't see it.

And of course people can propose what they want, I really don't understand why you feel the need to inform me about that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nothing "triggered" or "pissed me off" there, not sure why you're trying to imply anything like that. 🤨 

If that wasn't the point of your post, then I'm not sure what was. Alliances or the fact that the situation changed from "we're not adding it" to "we're adding it" doesn't seem to be relevant to anything I wrote.

1. If none of that is what you've meant, then explain to me how it has any relevance to what I'm saying in this thread, because to me -for now- it seems like an attempt at strawman and nothing more. Quick version of what you wrote in your initial response to me (just the bold parts, for visibility):

-"anet didn't add alliances and now they'll add them"  -ok? How does it answer to anything I said? (that's also exactly where my comment about "I never said the company can't change their mind about the content they add" came from btw, I just don't see how mentioning anything like that applies to anything I said)

-"So posting what you would like may end up getting it or not but if you don't post or ask we will never know if you get it or not." -again, ok? If you understand I never wrote "nothing players want should be included in the game" then what exactly was even the point of including this in the response to me? What were you trying to show if not that?

2. Post count is irrelevant to anything, how about you stop fixating on that and focus more on the contents of the posts instead?

3. Ok, I still don't see the connection between my post and your previous response. Obviously, it doesn't mean there isn't one, but I just can't see it.

And of course people can propose what they want, I really don't understand why you feel the need to inform me about that.

Hello Sobx,

My replies were based on your feedback really targeting on a statement that I did not type or imply what you say I thought you said... funny reminds me of the Abbott & Costello - who's on first.

Anyway, I also provided more information about my other comments. If you cannot see the connection based on my previous replies to your comments then I can't help you.

Relax, I am not after you as I simply asked you a question since I saw you had a lot of posting and I am surprised with so much posting you can't see I asked you a simple question that is all. It was not a sneaky question,  I got you question, or this new so called "attempt at strawman"  -  that is another fight you have with someone else in this chat - not me.

Clearly you are correct having such a high posting count does not mean much or show any experienced in the game or about the game as it could be just posting, yapping, and fighting to trigger others just to increase a count.

So not fixated - Thanks anyway. 

If I am after you or targeting you - I would clearly had made sure you know.

So, no need to repeat my feedback/comment or add more to this reply as I already have provided more information in my last feedback.

Thanks,

🙂

Edited by killforbeers.7534
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

We already have cats and rats. Please no more new races with weird shapes. It's hard to dress them.
Also redrawing a lot (i mean hundreds of pieces) of armor and rewriting a bunch of personal story is too much effort Anet should put into other currently available features. Dungeons were a fun abandoned content. Raids are a cool abandoned concept. Glad to see more Strikes coming with EoD.

We don't need extra races (see *ew* WoW) to keep the game exciting.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

We already have cats and rats. Please no more new races with weird shapes. It's hard to dress them.
Also redrawing a lot (i mean hundreds of pieces) of armor and rewriting a bunch of personal story is too much effort Anet should put into other currently available features. Dungeons were a fun abandoned content. Raids are a cool abandoned concept. Glad to see more Strikes coming with EoD.

We don't need extra races (see *ew* WoW) to keep the game exciting.

We? Just talk for yourself, please

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Anet said, and not a long time ago,  that they were never going to launch another expansion, only seasons (sagas) after seasons. So?

There is a significant difference in resource management between creating an expansion and implementing a new race.

1 hour ago, kharmin.7683 said:

There is a significant difference in resource management between creating an expansion and implementing a new race.

Of course. Implementing a new race with the same body structure of a pre existing one (charr), which means that charr wardrobe is valid for Tengu, and ignoring the 1-80 story completely would take 1/1000 of the resources and time of a new expansion.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1