When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

2 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I don't work for Anet and I have never stated that I have.  The devs have already posted about the resources that would be required.  I suggest you use the forums search feature and educate yourself a bit more.

The devs and ANET former CEO stated that POF was the last expansion of GW2 and we will never see another one, remember?

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

LOL. All is crystal clear now ...

But it isn't. You seem to think that just because you want something, it's a good idea. That's NOT how it works. The game doesn't cater to individuals. 

The value to the game, it's players and Anet isn't determined by some random dude on the forum screaming he wants something. Simply adding a 6th frame just to skin is a LOW value proposition, EVEN if everyone wants it. It's not about demand. It's about the value such a development has to Anet and the players of the game. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Only you are relevant, you set it clear. You are the only one entitled to say what's good or bad for everyone else. My apologies!!!!! 🤣 

He's right ... the expansion change has nothing to do with the value a new race brings to the game, ESPECAILLY if we see arguments from people to REDUCE the value by adding that race without a story, just to justify its addition. 

Maybe you take us for fools and think continually ignoring the cost and value of the new race are things you can just ignore to win an argument. Maybe, but it's not something Anet ignores when they go to consider the addition. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Only you are relevant, you set it clear. You are the only one entitled to say what's good or bad for everyone else. My apologies!!!!! 🤣 

They presented decent, accurate points for their arguments. Even though i want Tengu, i can understand how much of an effort it would take:

A decent intro story(at lvl 80), along with backfitting them into all story LWS2 and onward.

Making mount models.

Rigging all the skills and weapons they dont currently have rigging for.

Rigging and refitting all the armor to them.

That is alot of time and effort, no matter what corners they can cut, if any. 

They also never said only they could say "x" but if your counter argument is to jump to that it says more about the weakness of your position and arguments than theirs.

Edited by Dante.1763
  • Like 5

Just now, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Now you're just being obtuse, and bordering on insulting.

Yes, Anet had stated that there would be no future expansions.  Only Anet knows the entire financial picture of the company and can make the decision to reverse that statement and build an expansion.  Only Anet knows the resources necessary to do so.  Only Anet knows the resources necessary to implement a new race, and only Anet can make the determination if doing so should require access to PS 1-80 and all content up to the upcoming expansion.  They have the metrics, the data and all of the information that neither you nor I have and only Anet can determine what is best for the game that will bring in the most revenue for their stakeholders because at the end of the day, the revenue for the stakeholders is all that matters in business.

At this time, it appears that Anet has decided that the cost for implementing a new race, with the biggest chance at the largest return on investment, is not worth it.

Good luck with your request, though. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

They presented decent, accurate points for their arguments. Even though i want Tengu, i can understand how much of an effort it would take.

They also never said only they could say "x" but if your counter argument is to jump to that it says more about the weakness of your position and arguments than theirs.

They presented nothing but a big : No, don't add that feature because [I, ME, MYSELF] say so.

I just ask for a feature. You don't like it? It's ok. You will probably ask for other stuff and I will never say NO, don't add that because that is not good for the game or for other players. Because I respect other people,s taste.

Edited by Pirindolo.9427
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

They presented nothing but a big : No, don't add that feature because [I, ME, MYSELLF] say so.

No, that's absolutely wrong. Being obtuse is no way to have a reasonable discussion with people. We DO have reasons why this feature won't be added, we HAVE stated them (and so has ANet for that matter) and it has NOTHING to do with 'just because we say so'. Seems to me like the big barrier here is that you are another person that doesn't understand how business works ... giving childish responses to people is no way to handle things you don't understand. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's absolutely wrong. Being obtuse is no way to have a reasonable discussion with people. We DO have reasons why this feature won't be added, we HAVE stated them and it has NOTHING to do with 'just because we say so'. 

Yup. Even im not so blind as to dismiss all the work it would take.

We differ in that i think it would be worthwhile.

3 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

They presented nothing but a big : No, don't add that feature because [I, ME, MYSELF] say so.

I just ask for a feature. You don't like it? It's ok. You will probably ask for other stuff and I will never say NO, don't add that because that is not good for the game or for other players. Because I respect other people,s taste.

You are actually not respecting their tastes. They have said they would rather have the effort go to other things, and thats fine.

I wouldn't mind the skeksis parakeets being added if it was done right. That's the key, if it was done right. Even if they added lore, story, and fleshed it all out I'd still be left with a deep concern about their models including feathers actually looking good in gear and weapon animations. As it is it already took me literal hours of remaking a Charr character over and over to look good in it's gear and not clip during gun animations.

7 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

They presented decent, accurate points for their arguments. Even though i want Tengu, i can understand how much of an effort it would take:

A decent intro story(at lvl 80), along with backfitting them into all story LWS2 and onward.

Making mount models.

Rigging all the skills and weapons they dont currently have rigging for.

Rigging and refitting all the armor to them.

That is alot of time and effort, no matter what corners they can cut, if any. 

I made 20 or more posts detailing my proposal (no story and use of charr body structure). You can read about it above.

Just now, Dante.1763 said:

Yup. Even im not so blind as to dismiss all the work it would take.

We differ in that i think it would be worthwhile.

You are actually not respecting their tastes. They have said they would rather have the effort go to other things, and thats fine.

It's not even about respecting tastes. What we like or want is actually irrelevant to the discussion to begin with, so respecting someone else's taste doesn't matter. Obviously poster doesn't understand this isn't about 'tastes'. It's about business and how they operate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

I made 20 or more posts detailing my proposal (no story and use of charr body structure). You can read about it above.

They need a story. At minimum a single instance would be fine, and they need to be able to do LWS+ onward.

We also dont know if they still even use charr body structure.

1 minute ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Can you stop it  already, please? Just try to ignore my comments if you don't like them, but please, don't harass me.

Not how forums work. You post, you get replies. You dont want replies, dont post. Dont start arguments/discussions and then be surprised or annoyed when people respond to what you are saying.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

Just try to ignore my comments if you don't like them, but please, don't harass me.

There isn't any harrassment. I want to ensure to you that these posts you have made and your suggestions in them were given their consideration by the people that are replying to you about those posts/suggestions. 

On the other hand, posts like this one:

2 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

LOL. All is crystal clear now, have a nice life, dude!!!

... maybe take some of your own advice here if you want people to deal with you in the same way you are asking to be dealt with ... 

Storyless races that borrow significant framework from other existing races are low value add content for the game. That's not opinion. That's easily seen by what that feature would bring to the game. That's high value to you? OK, that doesn't matter. That has no place in this discussion. It's not about you. The game doesn't cater to individual players. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dante.1763 said:

They need a story. At minimum a single instance would be fine, and they need to be able to do LWS+ onward.

We also dont know if they still even use charr body structure.

Agreed. I propose that only the 1-80 story is removed for Tengu (they acrtually don't fit in it). And about body structure, they could use charr's one. Even if the present Tengu NPC are not exactly charr-structured toons, they look close to it, so creating a "feathered" version of the charr would be easier, of course.

• Confused 1

Anet stated various times that add new armor is hard for them because the amount of races, its means 6 new pieces of armor, and 4 races(or 5? i dont even remeber) means 6 x 4 = 24, in reality each new armoset is like design 24 pieces and STILL they have a long list of clipping issues specially with charr race  because of tails/head.

If they just add a charr model clone for Tengu, withou story, will be at end, inevitably look so cheap and bugged that even Tengu-race adepts will fill a huge list of complaints. Not to mention outfits, without very careful redesign(which will take months) they will look almost terrible,,, imagine elonian-elementalist outfit on tengu. There will be also tons of river-cry because of also how implement gender-dimorfism on chickens.

The tengu skepticals are not "anti tengu", are just ppl very skeptikal of Anet able to carry this massive work with quality.

6 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

The tengu skepticals are not "anti tengu", are just ppl very skeptikal of Anet able to carry this massive work with quality.

I'm not skeptical about ANet's ability.  I see it as a cost/benefit analysis.  I'm sure that Anet could produce a new race, complete with skins and PS 1-80 with quality, but at what cost?  And would Anet recoup the expenditure of finances and resources to produce a new race, complete with skins and PS 1-80?  I think that it is highly unlikely.

Making a new race (complete) for a niche portion of the entire playing community or making an expansion which would involve a significantly larger portion of the same community, and have that portion pay money for it?  It's a no-brainer business decision, honestly.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Have to LOL at the confused emotes on my posts.

The confused emoter strikes again!

9 minutes ago, Faridah.8431 said:

Since when do Tengu run or do other things like the Charr? This is lazy.

So a skeleton =/= same animations.

Once upon a time tengu used the charr skeleton(someone pulled the models out of a game and into a modeling program). I have some serious doubts they still use it.