When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

9 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

The confused emoter strikes again!

So a skeleton =/= same animations.

Once upon a time tengu used the charr skeleton(someone pulled the models out of a game and into a modeling program). I have some serious doubts they still use it.

Interesting. Did not know that.

6 hours ago, Pirindolo.9427 said:

No, I don't want that. Read my post. You will notice nothing at all with the addition of that storyless race, because you will have the same options you had before. But you are one of those selfish people that, when they don't like something, they say NO to that thing for everyone else. 

That's a pretty short sighted take, which conveniently forgets about anything mentioned earlier. He's as "selfish" (actually, probably less) by saying "no" here as you are "selfish" by pushing for a race that's a low value addition to the game. Adding a new race by itself is a low pay-off vanity content, then add to it at least the resources needed to create low level race-specific zones +adapting existing outfits/armor pieces +ongoing need to add work with every future wearable item and it appears by pushing for a new race, you're effectively also saying "no" to all the other people that value almost any other part of the game much higher than just "one more playable race".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm not skeptical about ANet's ability.  I see it as a cost/benefit analysis.  I'm sure that Anet could produce a new race, complete with skins and PS 1-80 with quality, but at what cost?  And would Anet recoup the expenditure of finances and resources to produce a new race, complete with skins and PS 1-80?  I think that it is highly unlikely.

Making a new race (complete) for a niche portion of the entire playing community or making an expansion which would involve a significantly larger portion of the same community, and have that portion pay money for it?  It's a no-brainer business decision, honestly.

your made a valid point too. anyway everything ends up into cost/benefit.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 7:59 PM, Dante.1763 said:

On that i dont have an issue with the statement, just as those of us who want them can state we do, so to can you say you want dev time spent on other things(tis how i feel about fishing), its the statements like this however that i take issue with, and with no way to read tone, i cant tell if this, or their follow up posts are sarcastic or not.

It is sarcasm, and if you have a problem with it or whatever I write in future you are more than welcome to ask me directly instead of this passive aggressive tone I'm getting from you. 

i skimmed the thread and these guys who are against Tengus are bringing up lelz arguments like "stakeholders", "resources", "too much work", etc.. wtf..

yo, likely they have game development tools to make things soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kitten easy. they won't develop  the Tengu as if they're developing even a 2020 game from scratch.

3 voice actors that can multi-voice are more than enough to do the voice acting. like Tengus are even what? Aves? Birds? so likely they'll talk somehow in a funny way, or i should say in a distinct way.

pretty sure they still have the lore writers there. just chain the story from Tyria to Cantha..

so what's the fuss with this? why don't you want to add a 6th race coz from here, everything is gg2ezpz. you're even insulting the programmers of A.NET if you say that it's too much work for them coz that implies that they'll have a hard time to crunch program stuffs..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

i skimmed the thread and these guys who are against Tengus are bringing up lelz arguments like "stakeholders", "resources", "too much work", etc.. wtf..

yo, likely they have game development tools to make things soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo kitten easy. they won't develop  the Tengu as if they're developing even a 2020 game from scratch.

3 voice actors that can multi-voice are more than enough to do the voice acting. like Tengus are even what? Aves? Birds? so likely they'll talk somehow in a funny way, or i should say in a distinct way.

pretty sure they still have the lore writers there. just chain the story from Tyria to Cantha..

so what's the fuss with this? why don't you want to add a 6th race coz from here, everything is gg2ezpz. you're even insulting the programmers of A.NET if you say that it's too much work for them coz that implies that they'll have a hard time to crunch program stuffs..

Were did you put the /s in your post because you cant be serious with this rant.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

Poe's Law in effect here....

I mean... the choice of typos is impeccable.  The presentation of unfocused stream of thought really fits the username.    That last sentence hits all the stereotypical vernacular of the persona that would actually think like this.

But it is the internet and this might be real....

Anyways, Tengus require:

• New meshes
  • New rigging
  • New animations
  • New voice acting
  • Adaptation of all assets to the new mesh, rig, and animations
    • Reworked meshes of armor
    • Reworked rigging points of armor and weapons
    • QA for animations with the armor and weapons
  • Cultural armor sets
    • 6 new armor meshes, QA for animations and rigging with new armors
    • 16 new weapon meshes with QA
  • 20% additional work for everything moving forward
    • This includes time to produce, work-hours, assets, pretty much everything
    • This also assumes linear progression of of production increases which is defintiely not a reasonable assumption as production scales more than linearly.

I'm stopping there because again, Poe's law in effect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

I mean... the choice of typos is impeccable.  The presentation of unfocused stream of thought really fits the username.    That last sentence hits all the stereotypical vernacular of the persona that would actually think like this.

Anyways, Tengus require:

• New meshes
  • New rigging
  • New animations
  • New voice acting
  • Cultural armor sets
    • This also assumes linear progression of of production increases which is defintiely not a reasonable assumption as production scales more than linearly.

Yes indeed, and a very very good starting  quests and lore and Dominon of wind and lots of other things. I am the consumer, the gamer and i can say what i will like to play on my favorite game. Gamers like different things, i for sure will like to play a new race, for diversity, lore... and i as consumer i dont care for all the list above, becouse for me its worth it same like for others will worth to have more raid or dungeons or whatever and i am not ANET to think from their possition. I am sure they are more than capable to do anything they want and to deliver ...in time. I dont say i want Tengu now, but i will like to get them some time ahead and i am sure there are others to. One more thing, some ppl here think from ANET side and for the amount of work needed, but if we dont ask for things we will like, how will ANET know what we will like to play?

Edited by Chip.9267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Chip.9267 said:

Yes indeed, and a very very good starting  quests and lore and Dominon of wind and lots of other things. I am the consumer, the gamer and i can say what i will like to play on my favorite game. Gamers like different things, i for sure will like to play a new race, for diversity, lore... and i as consumer i dont care for all the list above, becouse for me its worth it same like for others will worth to have more raid or dungeons or whatever and i am not ANET to think from their possition. I am sure they are more than capable to do anything they want and to deliver ...in time. I dont say i want Tengu now, but i will like to get them some time ahead and i am sure there are others to. One more thing, some ppl here think from ANET side and for the amount of work needed, but if we dont ask for things we will like, how will ANET know what we will like to play?

We can get all of that without having to add a new race tho.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Anyways, Tengus require:

• New meshes
  • New rigging
  • New animations
  • New voice acting
  • Cultural armor sets

did i even say they will drop all of those you listed at once? like how many months from now to February 2022? like do you think that they'll compress those to be released in February 2022? do you know that days go forward still from February 2022?

can you even read time properly? do you know the meaning of trickling? or even patches? or updates? or maybe another mini-expac? coz most of you who are against Tengu don't want Tengu ever, as you sounded.

you're trying to whatever analyze my post but you don't know even basic rhetorics...

you should listen to diss gangsta rap sometimes. lots of overlooked lexical armory there..

like please yo..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

did i even say they will drop all of those you listed at once? like how many months from now to February 2022? like do you think that they'll compress those to be released in February 2022? do you know that days go forward still from February 2022?

can you even read time properly? do you know the meaning of trickling? or even patches? or updates? or maybe another mini-expac? coz most of you who are against Tengu don't want Tengu ever, as you sounded.

you're trying to whatever analyze my post but you don't know even basic rhetorics...

like please yo..

Wow this is good.  I earnestly cannot tell if this person is serious or not.

I mean, the immediately speedy backpedaling to the topic of time.  Bringing up trickling?  Again it's a scattered thought process of word association with little cognition.  It's a great satire, but I still cannot tell if this person actually thinks this way.

Apparently I don't want tengu as a playable race?  I'm just pointing out why it most likely won't happen.  Never gave my personal opinion on the matter in this thread.  

If you want to know here's one of my personal views on Tengu  

Again, with the misspellings of key words in the sentences, to include the misuse of terms as if the poster has a faint idea of the definitions of the words but just not quite there yet.  I'm leaning towards brilliant satire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

Wow this is good.  I earnestly cannot tell if this person is serious or not.

I mean, the immediately speedy backpedaling to the topic of time.  Bringing up trickling?  Again it's a scattered thought process of word association with little cognition.  It's a great satire, but I still cannot tell if this person actually thinks this way.

Apparently I don't want tengu as a playable race?  I'm just pointing out why it most likely won't happen.  Never gave my personal opinion on the matter in this thread.  

If you want to know here's one of my personal views on Tengu  

Again, with the misspellings of key words in the sentences, to include the misuse of terms as if the poster has a faint idea of the definitions of the words but just not quite there yet.  I'm leaning towards brilliant satire.

yo men. ez.

you listed the tasks to be done. and that's not for me to do. that's a challenge for the A.NET programmers.

i gave confidence on them that they can do those in no time coz they're not developing the Tengu race as if they're developing a new game.

game development tools/technique? copy, paste, modify/alter, paste then save? A.NET's TALENT pool?

and the timetable for the above is from now to February 2022.

and even you didn't directly say it, you underestimated them.

assumingly that they cannot do it in February 2022, what did i even do? i did even give the A.NET programmers allowances via the phrases that i use.

- trickling?

- updates?

- patches?

and you got f-ed and you know it..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

yo men. ez.

you listed the tasks to be done. and that's not for me to do. that's a challenge for the A.NET programmers.

i gave confidence on them that they can do those in no time coz they're not developing the Tengu race as if they're developing a new game.

game development tools/technique? copy, paste, modify/alter, paste then save? A.NET's TALENT pool?

and even you didn't directly say it, you underestimated them.

and with that, what did i do? i did even give the A.NET programmers allowances via the phrases that i use.

- trickling?

- updates?

- patches?

and you got f-ed and you know it..

And now we are brought to the presumption that software development, 3d production, and voice acting behave exactly as a Word document.  The poster is now attempting to convince the world that everything is just like a Word document.  Just copy/paste.  Not even people who put in genuine arguments have come to this.  

We now know for a fact that this is satire.  

9/10

the Copy/paste was too far.  Reign it back in next time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Rogue.8235 said:

And now we are brought to the presumption that software development, 3d production, and voice acting behave exactly as a Word document.  The poster is now attempting to convince the world that everything is just like a Word document.  Just copy/paste.  Not even people who put in genuine arguments have come to this.  

We now know for a fact that this is satire.  

9/10

the Copy/paste was too far.  Reign it back in next time.

your usage of words is as rigid as hollow blocks. you obviously are unaware of slangs, suggestions, modern talking. it's like i'm speaking in english as my second language and you cannot understand even when i say "i want water" (which of course you won't hold literal water and give it to me).

whatever you say, the fact is that I'm putting my confidence on A.NET programmers that they can pull everything off on your list within 1/2 of the timespan from now to Feb. 2022.

don't tell me kitten excuses about the stakeholders voting against Tengu coz wtf is that even? are the stakeholders afraid of birds? They'll get phased by birds talking in game coz they ate too much chicken? lelz.

bro, men, look around you before you focus on my words. coz around you, the people you agree with and sympathize with, have kittening ridiculous ideas..

and if you just insist analyzing the structure of my paragraph, which is not MLA compliant coz we're in a forum, go to your mirror and talk to the one you see there..

and upload it to tiktok... if you're into that..

Edited by alcopaul.2156
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

your usage of words is as rigid as hollow blocks. you obviously are unaware of slangs, suggestions, modern talking. it's like i'm speaking in english as my second language and you cannot understand even when i say "i want water" (which of course you won't hold literal water and give it to me).

whatever you say, the fact is that I'm putting my confidence on A.NET programmers that they can pull everything off on your list within 1/2 of the timespan from now to Feb. 2022.

don't tell me kitten excuses about the stakeholders voting against Tengu coz wtf is that even? are the stakeholders afraid of birds? They'll get phased by birds talking in game coz they ate too much chicken? lelz.

bro, men, look around you before you focus on my words. coz around you, the people you agree with and sympathize with, have kittening ridiculous ideas..

and if you just insist analyzing the structure of my paragraph, which is not MLA compliant coz we're in a forum, go to your mirror and talk to the one you see there..

and upload it to tiktok... if you're into that..

Just because they can do something dont mean its a good idea to do it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chip.9267 said:

This comes down to the purpose of your post. Do you genuinely believe Anet has no idea that some players would enjoy a new race if there wasn't constant posts about it? I can assure you, they don't need forum posting stats to confirm that MMO players like and are accustomed to getting new races. In otherwords, the reason we don't have new races has nothing to do with Anet not knowing players like such content.  

The value of posting here, on EITHER side of the discussion is to say what the benefits (or not) are about the idea of having a new race. What I'm observing in every one of these 'MOAR RACES' threads is that most of people that are proponents of it are basing their justification on the subjective feelings why they want it; I can't even recall an objective reason based on the health of the game that this is a good idea. Some of the people that are in opposition of it are basing their arguments on the overall facts about how a new race impacts the game as a business. What one do you think is more relevant to how Anet makes their decisions?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, alcopaul.2156 said:

Creating a new player race with all the necessary requirements in only six months?  That is a tall claim for anyone that's not Blizzard.  If you're so confident are you willing to bet on it?

9 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

This comes down to the purpose of your post. Do you genuinely believe Anet has no idea that some players would enjoy a new race if there wasn't constant posts about it? I can assure you, they don't need forum posting stats to confirm that MMO players like and are accustomed to getting new races. In otherwords, the reason we don't have new races has nothing to do with Anet not knowing players like such content.  

The value of posting here, on EITHER side of the discussion is to say what the benefits (or not) are about the idea of having a new race. What I'm observing in every one of these 'MOAR RACES' threads is that most of people that are proponents of it are basing their justification on the subjective feelings why they want it; I can't even recall an objective reason based on the health of the game that this is a good idea. Some of the people that are in opposition of it are basing their arguments on the overall facts about how a new race impacts the game as a business. What one do you think is more relevant to how Anet makes their decisions?

And the purpose of your post is? I play gw2 becouse i like it not becouse i want ANET to make money. If i dont like a game i dont play/pay it, like is whin anythig in this life. I want Tengu and u dont, so what? Diferent ppl. diferent tastes.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chip.9267 said:

And the purpose of your post is? I play gw2 becouse i like it not becouse i want ANET to make money. If i dont like a game i dont play/pay it, like is whin anythig in this life. I want Tengu and u dont, so what? Diferent ppl. diferent tastes.

OK ... how is that relevant to the topic? Again, Anet knows some people want new races. Do you honestly believe Anet doesn't know that if you don't make forum posts about it? The value of any post here is going to provide reasons why it should or shouldn't happen. 

So what's the reason for my post? I'm actually trying to help you out. OK, you don't care if Anet makes money ... maybe you should care if you want to be a useful part of the discussion here and not just another entitled MMO player that thinks the game is made for them how they want.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1