When can we get a playable Tengu Race? [Merged]

3 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And hate leads to suffering. We know.

So, i guess we should not ask for Tengu, or we'll end up wit a new Lucas trilogy with JarJar as a main protagonis.And that's too much suffering for anyone to take.

Oh Lord.... Lucas trilogy with JarJar killed it and J.J. Abrams aka (JarJar Abrams) buried it.

• Haha 2

I think, with them putting out these weak elite specializations, they should have made time to put Tengu into the game. Let's be real. There's only 3, maybe 4 elites that people are liking. That's Mechanist, Bladesworn, Vindicator, and Spector. Maybe Virtuoso, Harbinger, and Willbender are tolerable, but the rest need to go back to the drawing board. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

I think, with them putting out these weak elite specializations, they should have made time to put Tengu into the game. Let's be real. There's only 3, maybe 4 elites that people are liking. That's Mechanist, Bladesworn, Vindicator, and Spector. Maybe Virtuoso, Harbinger, and Willbender are tolerable, but the rest need to go back to the drawing board. 

Even the process of making nine elite specs is dwarfed by that would be needed to make a whole new race.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I wonder how that would play out?
Anet: we're delaying the launch of End of Dragons until 2023 so we can include Quaggans as a playable race. Don't worry though, we'll rerun the Return to achievements in the meantime so everyone can earn a legendary water breather.
1% of player community: Hoorah! We love you anet ❤️
99% of player community: What the Kitten!

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 8:51 AM, VocalThought.9835 said:

"There's only 3 or 4" -> lists 7 out of 9, while pretending everyone likes the same things 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

On 11/24/2021 at 2:51 AM, VocalThought.9835 said:

I love how "Let's be real" = "take whatever I say as being true, even if it's not". 

If anything, the amount of time they need to make good especs shows how little value playable Tengu is. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I love how "Let's be real" = "take whatever I say as being true, even if it's not". 

If anything, the amount of time they need to make good especs shows how little value playable Tengu is. 

Wow, your interpretation of my words are definitely not how I intended.  Being "real" typically means honest or sincere, not factual. This all is a matter of opinion. If I think that these elites were given the best concepts or the best structural designs, but were just weak implications I would say that, and they would simply need buffs. I feel that they were not given the attention needed and seems like they were halfheartedly done. That's my genuine opinion. It's not a fact. They could have bust their butts making these, but with all the suggestions for years in these forums, I feel players could have created a better experience.  I'm glad they took some feedback and made some tweaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

Wow, your interpretation of my words are definitely not how I intended.  Being "real" typically means honest or sincere, not factual. This all is a matter of opinion. If I think that these elites were given the best concepts or the best structural designs, but were just weak implications I would say that, and they would simply need buffs. I feel that they were not given the attention needed and seems like they were halfheartedly done. That's my genuine opinion. It's not a fact. They could have bust their butts making these, but with all the suggestions for years in these forums, I feel players could have created a better experience.  I'm glad they took some feedback and made some tweaks.

So you think it's honest to  saying there are only 3 or 4 elite specs people are liking? That the especs are so bad that it's evident they should be able to do playable Tengu instead?

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, unsung.2938 said:

Coming back to Guild Wars 2, starting over with the Tengus would have been amazing. 

Seeing how you've came back last week (?) and never had level 80 before, it seems like you have tons of content that's still new to you and tengu would provide no real/additional value anyways.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Playable Skritt, FTW

Great idea! I figure it would take at least two, more likely three, skritt working together in close proximity to approximate the dazzling intellect of the Commander. We could swap between them like swapping between engineer kits, or put them on F 1, 2, and 3 keys. Each could wield a different weapon. Or wear different classes of armor. Now that would be some serious innovation!

"Whoa!" ~ Bill and/or Ted

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

Great idea! I figure it would take at least two, more likely three, skritt working together in close proximity to approximate the dazzling intellect of the Commander. We could swap between them like swapping between engineer kits, or put them on F 1, 2, and 3 keys. Each could wield a different weapon. Or wear different classes of armor. Now that would be some serious innovation!

"Whoa!" ~ Bill and/or Ted

There was a game called Allods Online in which you could play a group of three little furry critters who worked in tandem to do all the skills. I've always wanted playable skritt like that. It was such a fun character race.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2021 at 9:58 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

So you think it's honest to  saying there are only 3 or 4 elite specs people are liking? That the especs are so bad that it's evident they should be able to do playable Tengu instead?

There could be some explanation to avoid adding Tengu, it just has to be better than doing these elites and the poor reasons in this post for me to accept. 

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, VocalThought.9835 said:

There could be some explanation to avoid adding Tengu, it just has to be better than doing these elites and the poor reasons in this post for me to accept. 

read through the 28th pages of this thread and you will find the reasons pretty quick.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1