Warrior espec icon and weapon

faayth.2380

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I think the icon with the massive arms and pauldrons/blade-looking things will be warrior.

The weapons it gets could be dual foci that are used as fist weapons.

I certainly hope it's not the bullet icon.

Im convinced that is engineer with Golems or a golem mech suit like a juggernaught.

I do believe Anet stated there will be a class that links to the Turtles, engineer is the most likely one.

Edited by Smoosh.2718

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I just hope it isn't the oni mask thingy.

Me too.. Im hoping the classes go by this prediction:
https://i.imgur.com/DW0BB9n.png

Weapons
Mesmer, Dagger
Ranger, Focus
Guardian (I was thinking offhand sword at first, now thinking two daggers)
Elementalist, Possible Longbow/Shortbow
Thief, Greatsword
Revenant, Daggers or focus
Warrior, Pistol
Engineer, Mace
Necromancer Pistol.

3 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Me too.. Im hoping the classes go by this prediction:
https://i.imgur.com/DW0BB9n.png

Weapons
Mesmer, Dagger
Ranger, Focus
Guardian (I was thinking offhand sword at first, now thinking two daggers)
Elementalist, Possible Longbow/Shortbow
Thief, Greatsword
Revenant, Daggers or focus
Warrior, Pistol
Engineer, Mace
Necromancer Pistol.

That order is pretty much what I was thinking but with the following:

Ranger: Hammer

Guardian: OH Sword, though those could be wakizashi's and thus dual daggers.

Elementalist: Longbow

Thief: OH sword is more likely in my book.

Revenant: GS

Warrior: Reasoning as per this discussion. Pistol/Pistol

Engineer: Mace/Mace

Necro: MH Pistol. 

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

That order is pretty much what I was thinking but with the following:

Ranger: Hammer

Guardian: OH Sword, though those could be wakizashi's and thus dual daggers.

Elementalist: Longbow

Thief: OH sword is more likely in my book.

Revenant: GS

Warrior: Reasoning as per this discussion. Pistol/Pistol

Engineer: Mace/Mace

Necro: MH Pistol. 

The reason why im thinking Focus, i feel like they will make it a melee weapon, like a fist, the mask just reminds me of someone one with nature.

many think the two swords will be 'ninja' for Thief but guardian feels more likely to me.
Im convinced Ninja will get samurai with the greatsword, this could change the class to rely on an evade system and lose stealth and teleports,

If it turns out this will be warrior with some horrible weapon like short bow (which will do nothing for warrior (it already has condi, it has power, it just does not have a 1h range)

I just do hope they have gone wild with these elite specs, and not mind numbed the warrior's elite specs in being a 1 button monkey. The class lacks complexity, please let this elite spec bring that to the table to make it rewarding to those who learn how to  play it.

1 hour ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

The reason why im thinking Focus, i feel like they will make it a melee weapon, like a fist, the mask just reminds me of someone one with nature.

many think the two swords will be 'ninja' for Thief but guardian feels more likely to me.
Im convinced Ninja will get samurai with the greatsword, this could change the class to rely on an evade system and lose stealth and teleports,

If it turns out this will be warrior with some horrible weapon like short bow (which will do nothing for warrior (it already has condi, it has power, it just does not have a 1h range)

I just do hope they have gone wild with these elite specs, and not mind numbed the warrior's elite specs in being a 1 button monkey. The class lacks complexity, please let this elite spec bring that to the table to make it rewarding to those who learn how to  play it.

I've heard enough from people to think that our icon is the oni mask. Some think that the monk with foci will go to the guardians.

As much as I hope our class will get complexity, I doubt it. And I'd rather anet not mess with warrior further since when they overshoot, it leads them to over nerf. I'd just be glad with more damage and mobility while avoiding anet's nerf squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

I've heard enough from people to think that our icon is the oni mask. Some think that the monk with foci will go to the guardians.

As much as I hope our class will get complexity, I doubt it. And I'd rather anet not mess with warrior further since when they overshoot, it leads them to over nerf. I'd just be glad with more damage and mobility while avoiding anet's nerf squad.

You say that but these same people keep saying warrior will get staff, and I keep asking, what will staff give warrior that it can not do already?
If staff is a 'spear' what will it do? Melee? Greatsword already does that for power so condition damage would be the only other option, however Berzerker filled the role for power and condi damage specs, Range? Rifle and Longbow already fill the 2 handed weapon slots and cover both power and condition damage, so realisticly it can only be Pistol, as warrior is the only class which does not have a one handed ranged weapon.

Now lets say the logo with the bullet is the warriors elite spec icon. This suggests, a ranged support battle buffer spec, like a 'commander'/'officer' type.

(As a side note, there is no way/no chance the bomb looking elite spec will be engineers, as their core class already has a bomb as the logo and would become confusing if they are core engi or elite spec.)

Do note that I am confident enough that pistol is the next weapon for warrior to have made HOPE over a year ago.

2 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

You say that but these same people keep saying warrior will get staff, and I keep asking, what will staff give warrior that it can not do already?
If staff is a 'spear' what will it do? Melee? Greatsword already does that for power so condition damage would be the only other option, however Berzerker filled the role for power and condi damage specs, Range? Rifle and Longbow already fill the 2 handed weapon slots and cover both power and condition damage, so realisticly it can only be Pistol, as warrior is the only class which does not have a one handed ranged weapon.

Now lets say the logo with the bullet is the warriors elite spec icon. This suggests, a ranged support battle buffer spec, like a 'commander'/'officer' type.

(As a side note, there is no way/no chance the bomb looking elite spec will be engineers, as their core class already has a bomb as the logo and would become confusing if they are core engi or elite spec.)

Do note that I am confident enough that pistol is the next weapon for warrior to have made HOPE over a year ago.

I would love for warrior to get pistol over staff. But most people are speculating that we are getting the oni mask and staff. Unless we wield the staff like a bo staff in martial arts, it's going to be lame.

I think the second to last one is for the warrior. Gives me some dual shield vibes and that has been a dream of mine lmao

Anyway, that looks like a Bullet, which is not something I'd expect from a class that can already use rifles. Pistol really wouldn't be exciting imo.

17 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

what will staff give warrior that it can not do already?

Function as an utility selfish weapon with probably a support oriented burst. 

I expect cleave on auto, CC on skill 2, mobility on skill 3, AoE strike on skill 4, block/evade on skill 5. Support oriented burst as in, some form of blast which grants boons to allies and can be enhanced by espec mechanics. A melee 2 handed utility weapon, a jack of all trades. I'd love to see and get 1 weapon with all these features, although I do see the benefit in dual pistols and weapon combos but I just can't see it fit my roaming tastes and experiences, as I will still be out ranged and deflected. But with a staff with said utilities I can drop GS and use it as a kiting weapon which can set up Bursts, get me out of sticky situations and give me some decent dmg. 

A middle ground between GS and Hammer with an added GS ranger mechanic. Wouldn't mind some flip over skill in staff to give it even more variety to its skills. Probably a flip over dodge backwards if you block attacks (2 secblock) on skill 5.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

53 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

The bomb design looks different enough to not get confused with the core engineer icon.

If that is your argument, then we would also have to advocate for soulbeast to get their icon changed, since it is a paw and core ranger also shows a paw.

The fact that the icon references the core engi icon, while being still distinct, supports the idea that the 9th icon is the engineer.

9 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Function as an utility selfish weapon with probably a support oriented burst. 

I expect cleave on auto, CC on skill 2, mobility on skill 3, AoE strike on skill 4, block/evade on skill 5. Support oriented burst as in, some form of blast which grants boons to allies and can be enhanced by espec mechanics. A melee 2 handed utility weapon, a jack of all trades. I'd love to see and get 1 weapon with all these features, although I do see the benefit in dual pistols and weapon combos but I just can't see it fit my roaming tastes and experiences, as I will still be out ranged and deflected. But with a staff with said utilities I can drop GS and use it as a kiting weapon which can set up Bursts, get me out of sticky situations and give me some decent dmg. 

A middle ground between GS and Hammer with an added GS ranger mechanic. Wouldn't mind some flip over skill in staff to give it even more variety to its skills. Probably a flip over dodge backwards if you block attacks (2 secblock) on skill 5.

It feels thin, Warrior just does not have any mid range bruiser like weapons.
One huge advantage you will gain from a one handed pistol is the combinations, to suit the weapon to the weapons/build you're going for. E.g. Axe/Pistol, Pistol/Axe(probably not effective however could be a deterant for people geting too close. Pistol/Sword, Sword/Pistol, Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield. This allows you to adapt your weapon set to the build you're running. Having a 2h staff per say will limit you to being fully commited to only a few builds that work around the weapon rather than the weapon working around the build.

Lets face it, most players work their builds around 100b., a weapon that forces you to take certain skills/traits for it to perform, Axe does not suffer as much due to the ability to adapt the offhand or mainhand to suit the type of play you intend to do.

------
Side note:

Gw2's current buff system is borked and all ranges of buffs do need to increase to prevent Stack Wars 2 being the original and current meta. This would then be more suited for mid range supporters who can buff ranged, and melee at the same time.

I do agree weapon skills do need flip skills to give them more functions, make them feel more rewarding to pull of. I do hope that we get not 1 but 3 more F skills, F1 being a modified damage / buff for each weapon, and the other F skills being buffs/support skills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

One huge advantage you will gain from a one handed pistol is the combinations, to suit the weapon to the weapons/build you're going for. E.g. Axe/Pistol, Pistol/Axe(probably not effective however could be a deterant for people geting too close. Pistol/Sword, Sword/Pistol, Pistol/Pistol and Pistol/Shield. This allows you to adapt your weapon set to the build you're running. Having a 2h staff per say will limit you to being fully commited to only a few builds that work around the weapon rather than the weapon working around the build.

Lets face it, most players work their builds around 100b., a weapon that forces you to take certain skills/traits for it to perform, Axe does not suffer as much due to the ability to adapt the offhand or mainhand to suit the type of play you intend to do.

------
Side note:

Gw2's current buff system is borked and all ranges of buffs do need to increase to prevent Stack Wars 2 being the original and current meta. This would then be more suited for mid range supporters who can buff ranged, and melee at the same time.

I do agree weapon skills do need flip skills to give them more functions, make them feel more rewarding to pull of. I do hope that we get not 1 but 3 more F skills, F1 being a modified damage / buff for each weapon, and the other F skills being buffs/support skills.

It's just that I don't feel confident with pistols, as rifle hasn't been treated well even after it's "update" (killshot and brutal shot still being awful), so mid ranged options? I'm too afraid that they will screw up. Ofc dual pistols will def increase variety that's for sure. I do question if they would give 2 one-handed weapons immediately after spellbreaker though. OH seems unlikely cause Zerker torch and MH seems too similar to necro MH pistol (if that's what they get).

In any case, my wish with staff would be a replacement to GS. Then I can choose if the situation favors GS or Staff and create a second weapon set according to what I want to cover (shield OH if I get GS, maybe Warhorn if I get staff) etc. At least that's the more secure option as melee and warriors are an easier concept for anet to understand ( I hope ), when compared to ranged warriors.

Edit: WE DEF need more flipover skills in Core weapons and even some utilities.

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

4 hours ago, Smoosh.2718 said:

Pretty much this, and it's why I've been thinking pistol is needed by warrior, it'd open a lot more options for warrior than staff which we have mele pretty well covered already.  It'd add a lot more potential for build diversity than staff would give us.  Which staff warrior to me would be very heavy CC which would do nothing in PvP/WvW (and we already have a ton of CC options).

Also I think the second to last icon is Engineers getting some sort of gundam spec.

Edited by Red Haired Savage.5430

Small, but relevant detail about the bullet icon:

https://imgur.com/lFL0zwI

This little circle there suggests that this line swirling around the bullet is not just there to indicate that the bullet is spinning. That is not how you portray spinning, it looks more like something that is curling around the bullet.

This reinforces my thoughts that these details are there to indicate that this is a magic infused bullet. Which makes it a bit more likely once again that this is the necromancer icon and not the warrior.

Edited by Kodama.6453

3 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Small, but relevant detail about the bullet icon:

https://imgur.com/lFL0zwI

This little circle there suggests that this line swirling around the bullet is not just there to indicate that the bullet is spinning. That is not how you portray spinning, it looks more like something that is curling around the bullet.

This reinforces my thoughts that these details are there to indicate that this is a magic infused bullet. Which makes it a bit more likely once again that this is the necromancer icon and not the warrior.

Lore quibble. Technically every profession uses magic, even the warrior. It could just as well be some infused thing that the new warrior espec does. They've portrayed the especs as like GW1 cross classes. We've had this convo before remember? Could be a warrior/elementalist, or warrior/engineer with some sort of magical or alchemical infused rounds.

Nothing says that warrior and necro can't both get pistols. Other classes have gotten the same weapon at the same time, so just because there is a bullet icon, it does not mean it is the necro's icon. Could be a rifle spec as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Lore quibble. Technically every profession uses magic, even the warrior. It could just as well be some infused thing that the new warrior espec does. They've portrayed the especs as like GW1 cross classes. We've had this convo before remember? Could be a warrior/elementalist, or warrior/engineer with some sort of magical or alchemical infused rounds.

Nothing says that warrior and necro can't both get pistols. Other classes have gotten the same weapon at the same time, so just because there is a bullet icon, it does not mean it is the necro's icon. Could be a rifle spec as well.

Yes, it could be.

But if there is literally a spellcasting class which is already confirmed to get pistol for their elite spec weapon, then I consider this one to be more likely to be the one having the magic infused bullets than coming up with an explanation how warrior could technically also have magic infused bullets.

It's not completely ruled out, but this is a question of probability for me. Then there is also the fact that elimination points me towards 7 being necromancer, because the entire set of icons would stop to make any sense for me if necro gets 9.

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

Yes, it could be.

But if there is literally a spellcasting class which is already confirmed to get pistol for their elite spec weapon, then I consider this one to be more likely to be the one having the magic infused bullets than coming up with an explanation how warrior could technically also have magic infused bullets.

It's not completely ruled out, but this is a question of probability for me. Then there is also the fact that elimination points me towards 7 being necromancer, because the entire set of icons would stop to make any sense for me if necro gets 9.

You're basing that only on the weapon though and not the 'theme' that the spec will have though. Could very well be a potion mechanic on it that just so happens to use pistol. We'll know more when it is properly revealed.

I bet the devs are having a field day with all of us speculating on which class is which icon. I bet there is an office pool going on.

51 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You're basing that only on the weapon though and not the 'theme' that the spec will have though. Could very well be a potion mechanic on it that just so happens to use pistol. We'll know more when it is properly revealed.

I bet the devs are having a field day with all of us speculating on which class is which icon. I bet there is an office pool going on.

I am not solely basing it on weapons, quite the contrary.

Like I said, elimination is what points me towards 7 being necro.

There are just 2 icons in the entire pool which could possibly be engineer in my opinion: 8 and 9.

8 is problematic for a multitude of reasons. It indicates a bulky tank spec based on power damage (it has these strong arms and a general bulky design), which is literally what scrapper already is.

What engineer needs is a condition based elite spec, which 9 would properly portray.

All the other icons make absolutely no sense for the engineer in my opinion.

So 9 is the only viable option for engineer for me, which means that necro should be 7, since this icon would make sense for them and not contradict anything we know so far about their elite spec.

But yeah, we will see what necro ends up with in 2 and a half weeks from now.

I just know that if necro gets icon 9, then the engineer elite spec is already ruined for me.

Edited by Kodama.6453

42 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

There are just 2 icons in the entire pool which could possibly be engineer in my opinion: 8 and 9.

8 is problematic for a multitude of reasons. It indicates a bulky tank spec based on power damage (it has these strong arms and a general bulky design), which is literally what scrapper already is.

What engineer needs is a condition based elite soec, which 9 would properly portray.

So 9 is the only viable option for engineer for me, which means that necro should be 7, since this icon would make sense for them and not contradict anything we know so far about their elite spec.

I tend to disagree with your assumptions.

Engineer's symbol cannot be "only" the 8th or 9th. The "burning square" (could be a mechaniscal contraption unique to the engineer) is also a possibility and so does the 3 "daggers" (the holes in the daggers can easily remind of holosmith's symbol design). Worse, even the "bullet" could be engineer's symbol, simply because F5 could be yet another kit spewing bullets.

50 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I just know that if necro gets icon 9, then the engineer elite spec is already ruined for me.

In what way? You'll be jealous of an icon/symbol? The engineer not having the vial/flask doesn't mean that he won't use something equivalent, nor does it mean that he won't have a "condi spec" that might be even more interesting to use. I've already said it but you're letting yourself being blinded by prejudices while we have yet to know of even the virtuoso's icon. You're taking as absolute truth mere assumptions and imagining e-specs gameplay just by looking at empty symbols.

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

What engineer needs is a condition based elite spec, which 9 would properly portray.

But yeah, we will see what necro ends up with in 2 and a half weeks from now.

8 could totally be some sort of engineer gundam based espec that they get into and each one does different jobs (we have golems that asurans can get into).

37 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I tend to disagree with your assumptions.

Engineer's symbol cannot be "only" the 8th or 9th. The "burning square" (could be a mechaniscal contraption unique to the engineer) is also a possibility and so does the 3 "daggers" (the holes in the daggers can easily remind of holosmith's symbol design). Worse, even the "bullet" could be engineer's symbol, simply because F5 could be yet another kit spewing bullets.

You are also denying that icon 6 is revenant, even if it literally has the core revenant icon built into it.

Yes, I know, chaos theory and everything is possible as long as nothing is confirmed and all that stuff. But let's be real, these icons are there to show something off, give us an idea about the theme of the elite spec and also have associations with the class they are connected to.

These icons serve a purpose, communication.

If mesmer is anything else than the throwing knives in icon 1, then these icons kinda fail at this task. The entire spec is built around blades and throwing them at your enemy with psychic powers. The only other icon which references blades are the crossed swords, but why would you picture this spec with katana if there is an icon which literally shows throwing knives?

41 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

In what way? You'll be jealous of an icon/symbol? The engineer not having the vial/flask doesn't mean that he won't use something equivalent, nor does it mean that he won't have a "condi spec" that might be even more interesting to use. I've already said it but you're letting yourself being blinded by prejudices while we have yet to know of even the virtuoso's icon. You're taking as absolute truth mere assumptions and imagining e-specs gameplay just by looking at empty symbols.

Because icon 9 is the only one which indicates chemicals, which is a thematic I was waiting for years to get explored further in an engineer elite spec.

We have the guy who builds mechanical devices (scrapper), we have the futuristic hologram tech dealing with heat (holosmith).

But my personal favourite theme of the engineer are the chemical aspects.

And especially since they removed tons of these thematics from the core class (acidic elixirs? gone. deadly mixture? gone. acidic coating? gone. etc.), I would like to go back exploring offensive uses of chemicals for engineer now. Alchemy as a trait line became purely supportive in nature, same for elixirs.

Even if the throwing knives, bullet, etc. could potentially be engineer (which I still highly doubt), nothing of this stuff indicates chemicals.

56 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

8 could totally be some sort of engineer gundam based espec that they get into and each one does different jobs (we have golems that asurans can get into).

I know that it could be, hence why I said that 8 and 9 are the only icons which truly make sense for engineer for my taste.

The problem doesn't lie in that 8 couldn't possibly be something that has to do with engineer. The problem is what this icon suggests to be.

It clearly reads as "tanky power damage bruiser". We already have that with scrapper. It reads "melee" once again, which both our elite specs also has been so far.

The whole golem thematic would absolutely kill the elite spec for me, since it would once again borrow from Asura aesthetics, which holosmith already did.

It also indicates once again some kind of constructor. I know, many people envision engineer as that, but that is not the only facet of engineer. Chemicals are just as well a part of the engineer class as building tools and constructs and this is what I want to see explored once again, since Anet robbed us of most of our offensive uses of chemicals in thematics over the years. And we already had the constructor thematic for mechanical devices with scrapper.

Icon 8 feels redundant and also missing the stuff which engineer actually needs for a next elite spec (ranged, condition damage).

Edited by Kodama.6453