Aurene Statue xD

Did you see the Aurene Statue for like 120€? 🤣 This thing is made of only one component and not even painted.... That's worth like 2€ of material. Every other game who does statues like Assassins Creed do have rly nice painted figurines for half the price... This Aurene even doesn't has eyes! Sry Anet ._. but that's a joke... 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

they have to find the means to make money.... when we see the total failure of the number of views of the teaser on youtube, we know very well that they will only attract regular players and no one else

and they are selling a plastic plate to try to scratch some pennies...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

they have to find the means to make money.... when we see the total failure of the number of views of the teaser on youtube, we know very well that they will only attract regular players and no one else

yeah it wasn't much of a trailer ^^" they did better before... 
And making miniatures isn't a bad idea as is. But how they did it is just a failure x.x look at the trailer, that's how aurene looks now. and then compare with this one colored figure xD xcuse me? shell I paint myself? I would if it would only cost 15€ ... xD

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Zaidya.6138 said:

yeah it wasn't much of a trailer ^^" they did better before... 
And making miniatures isn't a bad idea as is. But how they did it is just a failure x.x look at the trailer, that's how aurene looks now. and then compare with this one colored figure xD xcuse me? shell I paint myself? I would if it would only cost 15€ ... xD

if you are wondering where the paint pot for the figurine went, they spilled it all over shing jea

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Zaidya.6138 said:

well I actually like it. It's some kind of made on asian culture and that's a colorful one ^^ 

no need to saturate the map with colors, shing jea on gw1 was beautiful and yet it remained sober with an asian vibe

here it stings the eyes xD

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I like it but Rytlock is far better.
However apart from the $120 cost, there is the shipping cost as well and from where it would be shipped from.
The shipping for me in Europe is $65 and then it depends from where it will be shipped. If its outside Europe then i will havea 4% customs Tax + VAT tax on top of that.
That would (with conversions) total just shy of 200 Euro. Which is an absurd amount for that thing

• Like 1

Just now, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I bought it. 

Why? Because I can. 😁

Same.

kitten, i bought it + the ultimate edition + GW2 collectors edition i found on ebay with rytlock stilk boxed.(i wasnt able to buy it when the game went live 😞 )

• Like 3

I like it and I think it makes sense that it's unpainted plastic because it's probably the only way to get that translucent iridescent effect, which is very similar to how Aurene looks in the game. I think paint would be disappointing by comparison.

Well, it doesn't have to be plastic. I actually have a glass dragon statue which looks very similar, but I imagine that would be a nightmare to post (the artist who made this one had enough trouble getting her work to local craft fairs). Crystal would be a bit more durable but very heavy and even more expensive.

Having said that I don't think it's worth $120 and definitely not worth an extra $47 shipping on top of that. Between that and the fact that I have absolutely no space to put it I don't think I'll be getting one.

• Like 5

The Aurene statue is a collector's item celebrating the EoD first look/preorder. It's for those who've been wanting Anet to make another official GW2 figurine. If not mistaken the last ones came out Dec 2014 and the collectors have been waiting Anet to make more ever since. Laugh all you want but some people do collect these as a hobby, just like some collect stamps etc. No one is forcing you to buy it.

As for the material choice, NPVC is not the same as regular plastic. It's very hard material (used eg. for water/sewage pipes), so clearly they went for durability. For reference, the other official GW2 figurines are made out of PVC plastic.
If it was glass with that level of detail then the price would be much higher, and some people would likely break it and then ask for refunds.

Personally I'm glad they did something different this time and not the normal figurine type.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not even painted?

Aurine is a crystal dragon.. she's supposed to look like crystal glass 😛
Paint would only ruin this statue.

I can't justify the price though, both me and my wife want it but with the shipping costs on top of the statue and 2 ultimate editions of the expansion to buy.
It's just not something we can justify spending that kind of money on.

Happy to support the game and all but it's too much for me.. Anet should have done a physical collectors edition of the game and included the Aurine Statue in that, would have been more than happy to spend the statue price range on that.
But buying the ultimate edition and the statue separate with those prices easily comes down to a one or the other choice for me, expansion is always gonna win that one XD

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm sorry I should have gone into details. 

First of all, I do collect figures of other games (AC e.g.) and those are in quality much better. 
I don't find the plastic itself unfitting for aurene. But she does have eyes and she does have different colors on her wings. Those parts could have been created with a propper paint. And if you do it right, it doesn't look stupid. Idk if you every played Tabletop Miniature Games? But there are so many painters out there who do an incredible job on tinitiny minatures that look far better. 

Material + Production Costs + 3D Model creating still isn't worth 120$. You can Make this Thing for so much less yourself once you have a Mold. Just use Epoxy Resin and some fancy glittering shiny colors. 

So that's what I am laughing about. The ridiculus price. If it was 15-20$ I'd probably buy it myself. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:48 AM, Zaidya.6138 said:

Did you see the Aurene Statue for like 120€? 🤣 This thing is made of only one component and not even painted....

How would you paint "crystal", though? Shouldn't it have any additional effects implemented into the glass?

Anyway, I am not a fan of such kitsch anyway - I agree it is totally overpriced (then again, I wouldn't pay even €2,- for such a thing).

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

How would you paint "crystal", though?

I ment, that you have this crystal colored plastic figure and paint ontop of it the eyes & the other glittering colors of the wings e.g. becacuse they weren't as transparent as the rest of the body. For me this figure is sold incomplete. 

Epoxy Resin is the way to go, Anet. Cheaper than glass, more resistant to shatter and it can be painted as well.

If you asked my opinion on Aurene limited edition miniature I would have given you this good advice, shame none of the staff did.

It would have saved you a lot of bucks and keep the price resonable

Edited by Touchme.1097
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1