Taking a quick poll

Support Warrior?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How many warrior mains actually want to have the new specialization focused around support?

• Yes, it makes sense for warriors to be less selfish in playstyle and become more team orientated.
    • Nah dawg, warriors are meant for fighting not hand holding. Give me power.

How many warrior mains actually want to have the new specialization focused around support?

I know I don't. But I keep seeing people talk about how its what's "right" and what "makes sense" for warrior to be a less selfish class and focus more on teamplay. It got me thinking, how many of these people who think like this actually main a warrior?

I fully expect the new espec to have team defensive support, but I also fully expect it to have solid personal offensive capabilities. It'll be like Tactics, but better. Less focused on condi removal and healing, more focused on things like protection, resolution, and resistance. I fully expect something along the lines of a net gain of 20% more damage from the line as well (not necessarily while also supplying the support parts).

Didn't vote, since I am not a warrior main. But I can understand why people might want this for their main class.

Engineer, for the longest time, just had one viable role in end game PvE: damage. And the damage dealer role can get filled by literally every class in this game.

It becomes stale really kitten fast, so I was really excited when Anet gave scrapper quickness to enable us as healers in this environment. I was finally allowed to play another role than always doing the same damage rotations.

Other people might think the same. Having a change of role from time to time is nice.

I mean, yes, warriors are meant for fighting. But we already have a DPS xpec, and a very competent bunker Spb.

Support is the only role missing. Being warrior, it could be a support but yet offensive. Firebrands focus on healing and sharing boons, right? Let warrior focus on empower.

Edited by Telgum.6071

Balanced, as all things should be... 

I get why people may want a partial support warrior. It can be done. All it needs is 1 trait line dedicated to support. But I personally lean more towards a roamer role, as that's what I do for the most part. WvW and PvP. Anything works in PvE and I don't care about elitist raid settings so meh. 

My ideal spec focuses on mobility and selfish utility, with 1 aggressive line, 1 defensive line and 1 QoL/utility line improving all warrior aspects, even found in core, instead of simply promoting the spec's game play only (see Berserker). 

54 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Balanced, as all things should be... 

I get why people may want a partial support warrior. It can be done. All it needs is 1 trait line dedicated to support. But I personally lean more towards a roamer role, as that's what I do for the most part. WvW and PvP. Anything works in PvE and I don't care about elitist raid settings so meh. 

My ideal spec focuses on mobility and selfish utility, with 1 aggressive line, 1 defensive line and 1 QoL/utility line improving all warrior aspects, even found in core, instead of simply promoting the spec's game play only (see Berserker). 

Yeah but with a support focused E-Spec you could run Str/Disc with it and roam just fine without running MMR in Strength. 

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah but with a support focused E-Spec you could run Str/Disc with it and roam just fine without running MMR in Strength. 

Def, but don't you feel like that's more of the same we've been doing for so long? 😞

For so long have we been forced into GS, Strength, Discipline, MMR to be on our most serious combat effectiveness. Frankly I just want a change. 

Cause no matter how you cut it, I personally am satisfied with being Bubble Bot or Bannerslave in zergs (dmg or support) and able to go core and play a bit with other options if I want. 

Just now, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Def, but don't you feel like that's more of the same we've been doing for so long? 😞

For so long have we been forced into GS, Strength, Discipline, MMR to be on our most serious combat effectiveness. Frankly I just want a change. 

Cause no matter how you cut it, I personally am satisfied with being Bubble Bot or Bannerslave in zergs (dmg or support) and able to go core and play a bit with other options if I want. 

Well, if the new espec offers a form of support that helps our sustain then MMR isn't as needed, nor FGS for the might generation to fuel MMR. You could then run Bot/Bot/Top to maximize your DPS independent of weapon used.

Ideally Arms and Defense will be revamped so that either of them would pair well with it for either roaming, or going full bunker.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, if the new espec offers a form of support that helps our sustain then MMR isn't as needed, nor FGS for the might generation to fuel MMR. You could then run Bot/Bot/Top to maximize your DPS independent of weapon used.

Ideally Arms and Defense will be revamped so that either of them would pair well with it for either roaming, or going full bunker.

Well if they fix core them the spec can be whatever I don't mind. If they don't, I'll wish their options will lean towards my liking. 

The patch is long overdue, expac or not. 

• Like 1

I am not a warrior main but I voted anyway because I would welcome a support warrior in my team. I know people who are tired of playing banner slave and a support warrior is something I allowed in my fractal games once despite the flaming that poor warrior had to experience from the other party members. I think warriors deserve more than just playing banner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Touchme.1097 said:

I am not a warrior main but I voted anyway because I would welcome a support warrior in my team. I know people who are tired of playing banner slave and a support warrior is something I allowed in my fractal games once despite the flaming that poor warrior had to experience from the other party members. I think warriors deserve more than just playing banner.

Hey guys if we do get a support e-spec, then lets go on a Banner Slave strike.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Please, in the name of science, only vote if you main warrior.

offensive support yes.

as in you can roam alone, with a couple or on the fly join your map queue zerg to support in killing. you don't need a commander to time your GS skills with their 3-2-1 burst coz you and with your fellow offensive support warriors can cause panic and chaos with you doing the damage sourced from all the places. and couple that up with your ramming mapqueue zerg..

warrior is the only class that can do those tri-tier setup (alone, with a couple or your whole map zerg)..

(thieves are just good for sniping one and cannot 4 second tank a zerg),

but if you notice, a medium armor class (they know who they are) can damage you with 3k autoattack and you do a 1k dmg noncrit on your full barred burs on them (some of them even without prot boon or any damage reduction shiz).

but you just carry on pipping tho..

Edited by alcopaul.2156

I don't see any reason to dedicate a whole espec to support, offensive or defensive. As long as teams still want Banners, there isn't a worry about 'belonging'. 

I mean, do we think anyone would actually choose to play warrior because it gets a support espec? That espec would have to be REALLY focused on supporting if that's the case. Is that really what people want?

On 7/29/2021 at 4:10 PM, Touchme.1097 said:

21 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Please, in the name of science, only vote if you main warrior.

I'd value any experienced leader's vote in this matter as much as other warr mains, in the name of science. 

• Thanks 1

You guys want yet another melee bruiser spec, just with a fresh coat of paint on it? 

What can this theoretical espec do that buffs to Berserker/Spellbreaker can't then? 

I don't understand not wanting a completely different angle on Warrior that can actually facilitate new playstyles for it? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

You guys want yet another melee bruiser spec, just with a fresh coat of paint on it? 

What can this theoretical espec do that buffs to Berserker/Spellbreaker can't then? 

I don't understand not wanting a completely different angle on Warrior that can actually facilitate new playstyles for it? 

Not wanting a 'support' focused espec does not mean people don't want what you are saying here. There isn't any reason another espec can't facilitate new playstyles for warrior AND not be a support focused toolset. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

34 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

What I'm looking for is a duelist who can chase and break away of fights without the clunkiness of overreliance to GS as weapon, whilst being able to survive an enemy onslaught (Soulbeast, Daredevil style). Namely,

1) A weapon which allows for self-preservation in a fight (Staff gives enough space for, cleave skill, 1 cc, 1 mobility, 1 block/evade, 1 support oriented burst, 1 AoE cleave attack and a selection of Autos)

2) A burst mechanic which allows for fluid use of the original Tiered Bursts with no gimmicks or delayed response (Primal Bursts are T1, FC and SpB burst are T1, Berserk mode requires full 30 adrenaline to be used). 

3) A set of utilities aimed at helping warrior in some of the fields where it hurts, namely at least 1 good mobility skill, 1 decent cleanse, 3 good self-buff skills (boons, effects or multipliers, ideally something more than just might and something not restricted to singular attacks *cough* SBS *cough*) and a creative elite which can be used effectively and isn't a shadow of what it can be (Headbutt) or a meh option (RoS). Wouldn't mind trading an offensive utility for a good defensive one, outside the stunbreak. 

Staff, Spectral skills Demonslayer warrior (headcanon intensifies) is my option, but aside my fantasies, any of my ideas getting implemented in some capacity will leave me happy. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098