I'm epileptic and the constant white flashing when hitting an ennemy really exhausts my eyes and brain :(

Hello,

If I want a good looking game I use high post processing

But this includes a white highlight and white flashing when hitting a foe.

This is very exhausting to me, I feel dizzy and unwell.

Isn't it possible to separate this specific shader? Please? 😞

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

OP, I don’t have epilepsy, but I deal with constant fatigue issues (eye fatigue among them), so I can feel your pain.

If you’re unwilling to turn off PP, there is one other setting that goes something like “limit effects.” I honestly can’t tell the difference with effect limit. Everything is still so painful to look at.

Certain professions are more prone to displaying bright flashing lights than others. Holosmith spams bright flashing lights with almost all skills, so you may want to avoid that. Elementalist using lightning attunement also spams flashing lights. Soulbeast plays a yellow flash every time you exit beast mode, which happens every time you mount. I think Firebrand also spams bright flashes, though I haven’t tried it much. These are the worst that you may want to avoid.

Some weapons also cause brighter flashes than other weapons. The flaming dragon sword from HoM is one. Pharus causes a bright pillar of light every time you draw the weapon. You may want to avoid those two, though I’m sure there are more.

If none of the above apply, there are situations that can make bright flashes worse. If you’re in an enclosed space, such as a small house, lights reflect off the walls. Combined with zoomed in camera, it can make the flashing worse. Also, if you’re in a dark place such as a dungeon, it can also make the flashing worse.

Your best bet is to zoom the camera as far out as possible, and avoid playing with the specializations and weapons I mentioned, though I’m sure there are more. I also really recommend just turning off PP. Yes, the game looks ugly without PP, and turning off PP is only a minor improvement… but it’s better than risking getting an epilepsy.

I’m sure you tried adjusting brightness/constrast, and it sounds like you tried 3rd party tools, as well. Unfortunately, your options are very limited. This game does a poor job with visual effects and you have very little options for dealing with these on your own. Players have been complaining for years for better options (or at least use less painful visual effects) but Anet won’t do jack.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RagiNagi.1802 said:

what does WP stand for? 🙂

I'm going to guess Wooden Potatoes?

In any casse, OP you can try Reshade. Disable everything you can on GW2's post processing, then add in with Reshade, and control how much white/black amounts and other colors you want, plus, it has its own effects. Maybe you can "dial in" a perfect environment for you.

It does require quite a bit of tinkering though, but it's not hard, it's just sliders and stuff, pretty intuitive.