Can we get more information about how long the level 80 boost will be disabled [MERGED]

As the title already states i would like just some updates on how the situation is currently, i know its still disabled. But since we got no information since the reactivation of the delivery of the shared inventory slots+ the booster, i was just wondering if we could get maybe a look behind the scene and get an explanation on what is wrong. I dont really mind how long it will take to fix the issue but it would be nice if situations like this would be a bit more communicated.

• Like 5

I do agree I want them working on the issue. But it's not an either/or circumstance. The majority of the times it's community staff who make the posts here and on twitter, so they are not so likely to be involved in fixing the issue whatever it may be(though that of course may or may not be the case here). Also it wouldn't take them long to tell us if there is some kind of ETA on the issue, if there isn't then a longer explanation might be required to explain what's going on and that could indeed take time away from the dev's that are working to fix the issue as they have to spend time explaining it so it can be passed on to us.

It does strike me as odd that something which was working just before the Tuesday EoD livestream is suddenly not working now and is taking 3 days and counting to fix. But I know very little about the coding that may be involved and may have been updated on Tuesday that could have caused the issue.

We are at or very near the point where I would expect an update. Simply because of customer service that two parts of what we paid for have been effectively unusable for several days(because of course even though we have received the Shared Inventory Slot we can't use it because the unusable level 80 token is stuck there). As customers it's not unreasonable to expect a report on any repair after that time frame in my opinion, if it was my car that had broken for example and I hadn't received an ETA after 3 days I would be on the phone asking for an update on what was wrong and for a estimate on the repair duration.

• Like 4

I finally got my GF to try GW2 but I knew that she, much like a lot of others will get bored of the annoying Hearts and leveling experience at the beginning. So she committed and bought the game so she can boost. Now I'm watching her gradually slipping to other games while waiting 4 days for this boost to get fixed.

I realize that this rant is not really going to help, but multiple days to fix this issue and absolutely no feedback or ETA is really dumb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vindicator.5384 said:

I finally got my GF to try GW2 but I knew that she, much like a lot of others will get bored of the annoying Hearts and leveling experience at the beginning. So she committed and bought the game so she can boost. Now I'm watching her gradually slipping to other games while waiting 4 days for this boost to get fixed.

I realize that this rant is not really going to help, but multiple days to fix this issue and absolutely no feedback or ETA is really dumb.

Maybe do spvp or wvw to get some tomes for her then?

Apparently they removed the items from the store(s) for purchase.  I already had one in my inventory since I just upgraded yesterday to the previous xpacs.  So what's going to happen now?  I guess it's my anxiety, but I'm hoping they'll at least give it back if they remove it from my inventory. 

And what exactly was going on with the boosts?  I just started back since 2014 a couple days ago.  Getting back into the swing of things.

Well they removed the item from the gemstore cuz it has some issues currently, they will readd it to the gemstore once all the issues are resolved. I doubt that they will delete the item we got from buying the expansions. At this point we just gotta wait till they fix it and hope that they can fix it fast without bigger issues. 

Maybe they got protesters too like Blizzard and Ubi xD

Joke put aside ,I was eager to start a new character with the boost(the boost was one of the reasons I pre-bought the end of dragons) and now I sit with him near bank on lvl 2 waiting for devs to fix the boost... I hope today will be the day when they fix it because I am sure many of us have lives to live and many things to do and not that much time to play and every day counts and I had so many plans for my new ranger to do and I got few hours a day to play and next week I will be unable to play 1 whole month again...

okay most of these are personal issues and not related that much but I still wonder what a crash or huge issue the boost could have caused which took/take this much to fix?Why there were no preparations or why not caused it before? So many questions unanswered...Just personal opinion

I bought the full game about four days ago and haven't been able to use my boost due to them being "temporarily disabled." I understand a short inconvenience for a couple days but this is getting really annoying. You need to be level 80 to get your first mount which would make progression 10x faster and more enjoyable for me. Playing the game in general would feel much more enjoyable!

17 minutes ago, Max.7185 said:

I understand a short inconvenience for a couple days but

Here is the problem, they never said this issue was "a short inconvenience". The fact that the lvl 80 booster has been unreachable and disabled for almost an entire week is proof enough that this isn't "a short inconvenience".

18 minutes ago, Max.7185 said:

You need to be level 80 to get your first mount

You don't. If you want and you are from EU I can get you the first mount now, but I don't remember if it has any associated cost, like a small amount of karma.

9 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

You don't. If you want and you are from EU I can get you the first mount now, but I don't remember if it has any associated cost, like a small amount of karma.

i am not from EU, could you explain it to me? I have a lvl 80 friend who plays consistently and told me that I had to reach level cap first.

Just now, Max.7185 said:

i am not from EU, could you explain it to me? I have a lvl 80 friend who plays consistently and told me that I had to reach level cap first.

Find someone willing to start the first PoF quest and to do it with you (same instance). In the middle of the quest you'll get the first mount.

Just head to Lions Arch and ask for help in the map chat. Don't know about NA but I know on EU there is always people willing to help.

And if you want an advice: don't waste your boost yet. Take your time, learn the game, learn your profession and later, once you find another class you have fun with, use it.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator.4087 changed the title to Can we get more information about how long the level 80 boost will be disabled [MERGED]