Festival of the Four Winds 2021 when? [Merged]

Ashantara.8731

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

August isn't fall, though... :classic_huh:

Then if August is Summer and they gave a road map for Summer which didn't include fotfw then what does that tell you? I'd say it means fotfw isn't until fall this year. I mean for a vet this guess work ain't all that hard and you are not new

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Then if August is Summer and they gave a road map for Summer which didn't include fotfw then what does that tell you? I'd say it means fotfw isn't until fall this year. I mean for a vet this guess work ain't all that hard and you are not new

What are you going on about? Fot4W has never started past August:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Festival_of_the_Four_Winds

"As a vet, you should know that." :classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What are you going on about? Fot4W has never started past August:

"As a vet, you should know that." :classic_rolleyes:

Ya I know dis but August is Summa and road map was about Summa and no mention of fotfw so this year must be different or they completely forgot to add it and on Tuesday we will get oh btw fotfw next week or we won't and it'll be past August for the 1st time eva. Anything's possible.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The road map only conains events till the end of July: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-live-summer-2021/

The last mentions are July 23: World vs. World Weeklong Bonus and July 27: EoD live stream.

Sure, but they still called it summer with nothing in August. It's most likely 10-31 or 17 to sept 7th. I mean they always give us a week warning or it's in fall because until last year it never started after July and seems to be later and later every year. Idk is a week warning not good enuff like with every single festival eva

14 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Source?

The road map for this summer doesn't even mention it: https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/e60c3EN_Summer_2021.jpg

it's so obvious. The festival always lasts 3 weeks and ends maximum at the beginning of September.

Then we know that there will surely be a one week break between the return to living story 3 and 4

Living story 3 ends next Tuesday it is therefore more than obvious that the festival starts on August 10 ... ^^ '

Edited by radda.8920

9 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

So no source just guess work carry on.

My thoughts exactly. I am asking for official information that I might have missed and get reprimanded for not guessing. 😂

Anyway, August 17th seems likely: https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/

A shame there will be nothing to do until then except for some easy LW Return tasks. :classic_sleep:

Edited by Ashantara.8731

10 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

My thoughts exactly. I am asking for official information that I might have missed and get reprimanded for not guessing. 😂

Anyway, August 17th seems likely: https://www.thatshaman.com/tools/countdown/

A shame there will be nothing to do until then except for some easy LW Return tasks. :classic_sleep:

Perfect time for me to get my main characters caught up 😛

Ive got one who has finished all but 3 missions in IBS, another whos finished everything up to IBS, and my third who just finished LWS2.

Still need to finish bitterfrost frontiers revisit too QQ

it is weird that latest announcement mentions that return to LW will continue at august 24th ( for LWS4).
meaning 22 days of break from returning LW. I wouldnt be surprised if we get 4winds 3/8 and it stays for 21 days

Edited by Owatatsumi.5038

10 hours ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if we get 4winds 3/8 and it stays for 21 day

More likely would be 10/8. 3/8 is release date for last featured episode of LWS3, and they don't seem to like to double those up with festivals (case in point - dragonbash released 1 week after last of LWS2).

So 3/8 -> 9/8 featured week for one path ends, 10/8 -> ? festival of four winds?

7 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

More likely would be 10/8. 3/8 is release date for last featured episode of LWS3, and they don't seem to like to double those up with festivals (case in point - dragonbash released 1 week after last of LWS2).

So 3/8 -> 9/8 featured week for one path ends, 10/8 -> ? festival of four winds?

we had 1 week with dragon bash+ returning achievs. 
if it doesnt release 3/8 , it will not release at all in august. festivals cant be less than 21 days.

16 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Without an announcement? That would be weird indeed.

well then I guess the other logical option would be september. but with beta testing for specs it will surely be annoying to have all these things at once ( beta+return lws4+ 4winds)

12 hours ago, wave.3879 said:

New player here. What goes on at this festival and what level do you have to be to participate?

I don't think you have to be Level 80 for anything that is happening in the main event zone, the Labyrinthine Cliffs, such as races, adventures, the PvP game, and collection achievements. However, I believe everything that takes place in the Crown Pavilion, i.e. the Queen's Gauntlet, the Boss Blitz event, and the race there, requires you to be Level 80 as all the enemies in that zone are end game level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owatatsumi.5038 said:

we had 1 week with dragon bash+ returning achievs. 
if it doesnt release 3/8 , it will not release at all in august. festivals cant be less than 21 days.

yes, but the dragonbash has released on it's own just within the break after LWS2. LWS3 resumed in the middle of dragonbash.

Also who said that festival of the four winds has to end with the end of the month anyway?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Since there's been no announcement for next week, I assume there will be one next week for the 17th of August.

yeah that could make sense, the other person tho claimed that either it *releases* yesterday or not in this month at all which got me confused on logic behind it....