3D model of our characters using the API

I'm not sure so hopefully someone else will answer that.

What I will say, though, is that the 3d models used in video games are pretty much all non-manifold geometry.

This means that you will have to do substantial editing to the models to make it 3d printable.

Also keep in mind that printers don't recognize the curvature of geometry that video game software calculates to keep the polygon counts low.  The last figure I printed required 21 million polygons to get the proper curvatures at the 4 micron level.

In essence, you will not be able to load a GW2 model straight into a 3d printer and print.  3d models for art (like video games() is very different from 3d models for engineering applications (what 3d printers use).

No, it's not possible. They had something about it awhile back about the licensing or something. They don't want to expose the 3d models to protect their product. I can't remember the specifics but it's not possible and unlikely to be implemented in the future from what I gathered.

Yeah it is 3D ripper DX something like that. It allows capture the 3D scene rendered on the screen.

But your character would be flattened on the X axis, requiring to be imported in Blender and to you to give it some weight back. So kinda hard but can be done with this software.

I regret Anet doesn't offer ourselves the possibilty to print our character, it is a gold mine.

38 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

Yeah it is 3D ripper DX something like that. It allows capture the 3D scene rendered on the screen.

But your character would be flattened on the X axis, requiring to be imported in Blender and to you to give it some weight back. So kinda hard but can be done with this software.

I regret Anet doesn't offer ourselves the possibilty to print our character, it is a gold mine.

Yea I mean 120 buck Aurene statue, how much would people be willing to buy their own characters for.

Edited by Linken.6345