PvP Ranking and Match Manipulation

So... Here I am.
First ever forum post (I've been playing since launch) and it is not on a happy note. 
Let me tell you my story from tonight's 3v3 matches and I am pretty sure others have experienced this.

With a guildmate we double queue for 3v3. We won two games and I got to 1510 rating (Finally can wear that plat badge again). But then we queued up against of 2 necros and 1 not logged in yet. When the third person loaded in he was a necro too. We were up against a team of 3 necros. (For those who don't know: You can not queue up as 3 of the same class.) And of course our team got completely destroyed. It wasn't even fun.
We reported for match manipulation and moved on. Of course I lost more points in that match than I can win back. Two wins after I got back to Platinum. And guess what! Just two games after the first nightmare we got queued up against the necro trio again. Of course we lost. Of course I fell off platinum again. Yada yada another bad day in PvP, right? 
We were having doubts about the 'no more than two of the same class' rule, so we decided to test it out.
The game did not let us queue as three of the same class. So how did they do it? 

I can not name the people, because I did not write down their account names. My friend got on with that. All I did was report them for match manipulation and I believe I did the right thing.
Have you had such experiences? 

P.S.: Sucks you lose more points than you can win, but understandable. 

Edited by JiggyStar.6204
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You queue as whatever, not necro.

As map is being chosen, swap to necro.

You can also leave, swap, and return.

This is a large reason the match maker fails.

Allowing swaps messes up the best balance it could figure.

But, "they" say it works...

Lol.

Now you know why people keep saying GW2 is strictly a pve game

Edited by Crab Fear.1624
  • Like 8

18 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

With low population the MM make queue as double thief vs a good comp, so if u couldnt reroll u will lose, so in order to decrease the low pop problem, they let u swap class

Decrease the low pop problem?

You could have stopped at low pop, because that's exactly what class swapping does to it.

Nothing screams fun more than a bunch of stacked top players playing metagame hot potato before every ranked match. 

Or as I like to call it: Rock, paper, SSD storage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Decrease the low pop problem?

You could have stopped at low pop, because that's exactly what class swapping does to it.

Nothing screams fun more than a bunch of stacked top players playing metagame hot potato before every ranked match. 

Or as I like to call it: Rock, paper, SSD storage

I do not understand anything what u said

• Sad 1

On 8/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

it was prolly me lol

been queuing up as thief swapping to necro all mini season, but i got my league tickets and left, i played just 30 games, so it could not be me

Thats not LFG system abuse ?

On 8/2/2021 at 6:08 AM, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

To put it simpler: Class-Swapping = Drain on the already low population

I think the opposite, no class-swapping = even less ppl playing. I would HATE play games with 2/3 roamers, no sidenoder, against stacked teams

2 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

I think the opposite, no class-swapping = even less ppl playing. I would HATE play games with 2/3 roamers, no sidenoder, against stacked teams

I get you, that would be a bad setup. 

With the way the matchmaking works, that isn't too terribly likely to happen at least.

I think I saw someone recommend once to hide the enemy team's comp until the match actually starts, which would also be a good idea.

After all, there's a big difference between using class-swapping to fix your own bad team comp

And using it like the pros do: to abuse it to always get a favorable matchup against someone on the other team

I'm talking DuoQing with another top player, queue up for Ranked, identify the best player on the other team, then class-swap until the match starts and they have the means to shut down whatever player they want for 10-15 minutes. 😴

• Like 1

18 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

Thats not LFG system abuse ?

You mean match making abuse?

Yeah, in some way, queue up as the most useless class (prolly warrior in conquest) swap to something you comfortable with, hopefully the other team gets this useless teammate.

it's a soft abuse lol

but it can be a hard abuse

play offhours, find a duo and a 3rd guy willing to lose (a "top" player was exposed doing this), you 3 queue up as the same class at the same time, something it's not meta, (like warrior, again). The third guy will throw the game, some ppl use this to climb in top 25 games.