Thief Elite Specialization Prediction & Speculation Discussion

AikijinX.6258

Honestly, I only want 1 thing and 1 thing only from this.

If a thief uses 2 swords...... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make him stow them on his back!

It could be a collection reward. Like other specs would have a class specific item like in HoT and PoF, but thief would instead learn a new technique of stowing weapons on his back.

Edited by Chrysaliss.8720
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

23 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I want to spam block like GW1 Assassin again, lol. Tanky brawler Moon Knight spec.

Assassins didn't need sissy stealth skills. They jus' teleport and smash.

Which is why I wanted a spec that changed stealth to a new version of Shadow Form that give some form of protection instead. (and Torch so it could be based on Guardian's fire but black)

Honestly Now that I think about it more, I’d definitely support a more defensive spec that offers blocks on top of blocks on top of blocks, Perry’s, and Full Counters. I want to be the most annoying spec out there that doesn’t need to utilize stealth but instead denies your dmg while visible so it makes it that much more satisfying when you’re smashing your keyboard in the classic “nerf thief” frenzy post. Having another thing the community can have a public uproar over is always a foot in the right direction. 🙌🏾

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 7:22 PM, AikijinX.6258 said:

Honestly Now that I think about it more, I’d definitely support a more defensive spec that offers blocks on top of blocks on top of blocks, Perry’s, and Full Counters. I want to be the most annoying spec out there that doesn’t need to utilize stealth but instead denies your dmg while visible so it makes it that much more satisfying when you’re smashing your keyboard in the classic “nerf thief” frenzy post. Having another thing the community can have a public uproar over is always a foot in the right direction. 🙌🏾

I think you want to play a guardian.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daniel Handler.4816 said:

Yep, and I can't help but giggle at all the comments saying "it's thief!!!! It can't be guard!!!" 

Edited by Demonhead.7584
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ok, yeah, obviously guardian at that point now. Seems that Anet wanted to directly mislead people by adding that red colour to the silhouette.

One point more that icon 8 is going to be engineer and they just want to cater to the crowd which was asking for a second Asuran elite spec in a row with golemancer....

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

54 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Ok, yeah, obviously guardian at that point now.

Sadly seems that way… doesn’t change my view on the icon any though… thief is still going to be the crossed swords icon and get an offhand sword… this silhouette being guardian just makes the mempo mask icon that much more likely to be guardian…

• Confused 5

10 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

So we have a Mesmer with no clones and a dual wielding guardian.  At this rate I expect a non shadowsteping hammer thief.  Anet's going crazy!

I predict they will go excessively over the top with shadowstep on a dual sword thief…

Ranger will be hammer wielding bruiser…

Warrior will start using pistols…

Elementalist’s will be using firearms…

Revenants will pick up scepter and start throwing lightning everywhere…

and engineers will finally get a mace and have a tanky build centered around golems… and despite the communities desire for something as it’s themed it will end up either 100% Canthan themed (with dragon jade golems) or yet again have a Charr theme to it’s constructs and abilities…

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Panda.1967 said:

and engineers will finally get a mace and have a tanky build centered around golems… and despite the communities desire for something as it’s themed it will end up either 100% Canthan themed (with dragon jade golems) or yet again have a Charr theme to it’s constructs and abilities…

I just don't get it, we have zero information, none, zilch, nada, nothing, rien. And yet somehow it seems so obvious to you. Are you sure it's not just because you want that to the detriment of other, perhaps less incoherent wishes?

Also, as rude as @Konrad Curze.5130 's point is, it's still a very good one.

Edited by MrForz.1953
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Y'all gotta accept the fact it's gonna be OH Torch.

The icon in question is the initiative symbol surrounded by fire.  It ain't ele.  It's thief.

that, or we'll get something very obscure like a focus.. ! We'll be shrouded in a flame.. a black, dark, and thick flame of shadows..! like an Obsidian Flame

Edited by Demonhead.7584

4 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

Y'all gotta accept the fact it's gonna be OH Torch.

The icon in question is the initiative symbol surrounded by fire.  It ain't ele.  It's thief.

The diamond in the middle isn't just a 2-d "initiative" diamond, however.  It's quite 3 dimensional in its appearance, having 4 distinct quarters/faces, so  I reckon the "diamond" represents a dragonjade crystal.

IMO that still leaves it open which spec ends up with the flame icon, but I can see either Engi or Ele working.

20 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

One point more that icon 8 is going to be engineer and they just want to cater to the crowd which was asking for a second Asuran elite spec in a row with golemancer....

It does look like it. I still really hope not. I'd despise yet another AI spec regardless of theme. And I'd also dislike a power suit class because I fail to see how it would be any different than PF.

What if Dragon-Jade-o-Mancer is the new Elementalist spec (Zojja) instead of Engi? 😅

We'll see...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

I just don't get it, we have zero information, none, zilch, nada, nothing, rien. And yet somehow it seems so obvious to you. Are you sure it's not just because you want that to the detriment of other, perhaps less incoherent wishes?

Also, as rude as @Konrad Curze.5130 's point is, it's still a very good one.

Do you understand the meaning of the word “prediction”.  It is a guess. And we do actually have more information than nothing… we have the icons, which we can make educated guesses with as to which professions they belong to. We know what weapons each profession already has as well as which weapons are least likely for any given profession. We know trends that Arena Net has followed with designs for each profession. We don’t know much, but we know a lot more than nothing, and we can use what little we know to make guesses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eduardo.4675 said:

Uh, guys, the Harbinger was revealed, like, 10 hours ago???

Yes… and this is a topic about thief… and how many of us thought the other silhouette was to be thief but now we know it’s guardian… Necromancer only ever came into play in this discussion to outline how absurd some were being about the armor (since the armor on the Necromancer could have been matched to medium armor)… all of us knew the Necromancer one was necromancer… and if @Roads.5130would have read my follow up post after the one he quoted he’d have known that. 

Edited by Panda.1967
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Yes… and this is a topic about thief… and how many of us thought the other silhouette was to be thief but now we know it’s guardian… Necromancer only ever came into play in this discussion to outline how absurd some were being about the armor (since the armor on the Necromancer could have been matched to medium armor)… all of us knew the Necromancer one was necromancer… and if @Roads.5130would have read my follow up post after the one he quoted he’d have known that. 

Remind me, which prediction turned out to be correct?

Your argument rested on the assertion that your vague feeling that the necromancer silhouette looked more medium than light was equivalent in evidential value to people having identified the exact set that the guardian was wearing, down to specific details. Your argument was the absurd one, and it was wrong.

• Like 4

Dual sword spec silhoutte looks like it could be thief or guardian cuz of the mix of colors and armor style. Could be thief with guardian themes or other way around. Imagine if they give Assassin to Guardian and they were the decendents all along XD

If that's the case then I really hope for Torch with the flame icon next to it. But I'd imagine they'd never be cool enough to do mainhand/dual Torch.

Edited by Doggie.3184