Why is this even possible?

https://streamable.com/osq7gk

Not talking about the 1-shot.  Talking about the 1-shot off mount directly into downed without being able to do anything.

--

EDIT 1 (August 1, 2021):

I rewatched the full clip where I can see the health bar, and I was actually CC'd and downed before my character even hit the ground from the forced dismount!  In the screenshot below, the "Fight to Survive" text is appearing while my character is still freefalling.  I'm not sure if it would have even been possible to stun break and dodge, let alone do anything else in those fractions of a second--while my character was airborne.  Anyone know?

https://imgur.com/a/anUCLSR

To be clear, this isn't a "nerf Soulbeast" topic.  The other player was clearly using a meme build that is countered by avoiding the burst (although this one was your classic run into their Keep before you can catch them pest).  I'm more concerned with how we get CC'd in the air during a forced Warclaw dismount which continues after we land (looks kind of like a Knockdown).  I sort of feel like there should be some invuln frames while we're airborne until we land, assuming skills don't work while we're freefalling.  If it is possible to use skills while ragdolling, it's a very narrow window and pretty counterintuitive.

EDIT 2 (August 2, 2021):

Since many have asked: I was on my meta D/P Daredevil with around 18K+ HP including buffs, wearing medium ascended armor with mostly Marauder's stats.  I think that's pretty average.  If anyone wants more info, feel free to ask.

EDIT 3 (August 3, 2021):

Apparently there is a bug with the forced Warclaw dismount where there is a delay before your armor stats are applied.  If true, it probably explains a lot about what happened here.  It's even more reason to preemptively dismount rather than risk being forcibly dismounted.  Credit to RisenHowl for mentioning it:

17 hours ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

There's about 2s of time between when you get dismounted and when the game applies your armor's stats, so rangers just need to hit guard/thief/ele for 11k in that window to down them regardless of their build

It's been a bug since the mounts were introduced

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
added screenshot, additional info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

https://streamable.com/osq7gk

Not talking about the 1-shot.  Talking about the 1-shot off mount directly into downed without being able to do anything.

Because Rangers have access to quite a lot of %dmg modifiers and can stack them to deal that amount of damage.
There's a reason why so many people were abusing them in no-downstate week event.
Additionally there's small time window in which you're cc'ed after getting forcefully dismounted in which you can do nothing. Features of the mounts.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know how bursty SLB is, especially that build.

I realize there's like a second after you're dismounted where you're stunned and should use a stun break + evade.

I also realize it might be better to dismount before the burst in that situation.

Fine, L2P.  Still seems really stupid though.

Guess we're all supposed to experience this once before we realize what a liability the Warclaw can be.

P.S.: Imagine BM while being on the biggest bandwagon server of NA and abusing one of the cheesiest things in the game against a low rank player.  Classy.

• Like 2

If you had dismounted and attacked him, do you think you could have beaten him?

If yes, this should be a learning experience of what not to do in such a situation. 

If no, well then the way you died doesnt really matter, does it? It's not like you could have performed worse, you can only get better from there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Rules don't apply to rangers because they can't get groups, they are seriously underpowered, just ask any ranger, they'll tell you the straight truth.

Yeah I'm not even complaining about the meme build.  Don't arrest me ranger police. 😇

27 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you had dismounted and attacked him, do you think you could have beaten him?

If he didn't run away?  Yes, I'd like to think so considering he was glass.  But as it turns out, not only was this person playing a dumb build, any time he got low he'd glide off the cliff into his Bay's moat to get away.  I saw someone chase him there a couple times unable to get him before he went inside.

9 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

this is the reason no one likes Mag though...

Yeah, first day of new links and all they do is spawn camp and BM when they win grossly outnumbered (in their favor) fights. 😑

Also, don't know if it was just the group when I was playing, but they seem to have a LOT of pew pew Sic'ems.

• Like 1

happens. the daze at forced dismount is one of the most ridiculous things. just after ranger damage. damage that comes that very fast like rangers and thieves, dps warri and holo and specific mesmer and rev builds do need to get gutted pretty hard.

like, why do spvp builds get softened up in spvp, but in Wvw they can play with like 30% more dmg and the same builds. nades engi for example, thieves overall, and any ranger build overperform so hard in Wvw compared to their spvp aequivalents.

which is problematic, bc we talk about anti-groupplay builds that get rewarded by a not punishing playstyle and offer nothing at all for a larger scale.

like, literal backyard rambos-

the pre feb2020 balance with full dmg on everything had this problem better in check, bc rangers and thieves have been pretty squishy there. now? u gotta chase them across the half map... this probably did cost gw2 more players than any of the never happened updates did, or the unwanted mounts/gliders.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

the daze at forced dismount is one of the most ridiculous things.

I think this is my main gripe.  It makes it way too easy for silly builds like the one this Soulbeast was using to global people off their mounts with very little opportunity to do anything.  They already nerfed the Warclaw so hard, I don't think it needs this extra liability that just rewards people for playing silly builds.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

happens. the daze at forced dismount is one of the most ridiculous things. just after ranger damage. damage that comes that very fast like rangers and thieves, dps warri and holo and specific mesmer and rev builds do need to get gutted pretty hard.

like, why do spvp builds get softened up in spvp, but in Wvw they can play with like 30% more dmg and the same builds. nades engi for example, thieves overall, and any ranger build overperform so hard in Wvw compared to their spvp aequivalents.

Maybe because sustain in WvW is also miles above what is possible in sPvP, in particular when looking at organised grps/zergs?

How about we delete firebrand (and scourge since it is only causing issues in PvP) and put 60s cd on all aoe stab, nerf aoe boons and healing and remove all defensive gear stats before nerfing dmg further? You know, like in sPvP ...

(fun fact: ranger and thief dmg is not split between WvW and sPvP)

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Strong burst, soulbest have, but saw him before so dodge you should. 

33 minutes ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

One reflect skill and its the Ranger going 100-0 and you get a free win for doing (almost) nothing.

I re-watched the full clip in slow-mo where I can see my health bar and I was actually downed before my character even hit the ground from the forced dismount!  I'm not sure if it would have even been possible to dodge, let alone use an (instant cast) reflect skill after breaking stun in those fractions of a second.  Maybe someone knows the answer.

If it is possible, I guess one also has to have good ping and cat-like reflexes as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

That build is hardcountered by avoiding the burst; this is the reason no one likes Mag though...

The ranger "teleported" with GS Swopp  to melee  target????

Swoop isnt a teleport but a telegraphed leap/rush it doesnt work like medi guard teleport, even with quickness.

Range to teleport to target everything in same sec from quite some distance?? sorry guys Ranger doesnt fight like a medi guard yet...

Wich ranger or soulbeast skill makes the pet and the user teleport to range???? if u notice in the video ranger teleport and the pet takes some time to be teleported.

@Twilight Tempest.7584

if u have better footage of this video report to anet cheats thing.

This is most probably a case of package injection.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

The ranger "teleported" with GS Swopp  to melee  target????

Swoop isnt a teleport but a telegraphed leap/rush it doesnt work like medi guard teleport, even with quickness.

Range to teleport to target everything in same sec from quite some distance?? sorry guys Ranger doesnt fight like a medi guard yet...

Wich ranger or soulbeast skill makes the pet and the user teleport to range???? if u notice in the video ranger teleport and the pet takes some time to be teleported.

@Twilight Tempest.7584

if u have better footage of this video report to anet cheats thing.

This is most probably a case of package injection.

Prolly merged with Smokescale for 750 range port / hit using Smoke Assult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2