Why is this even possible?

23 hours ago, Hannelore.8153 said:

One reflect skill and its the Ranger going 100-0 and you get a free win for doing (almost) nothing.

Sic'em is used in their spike (it's unblockable and bypasses reflection). Just wanted to point this out before noobs start slotting reflection thinking they are safe from rangers lol

^^^ The above is wrong. The skill you got to look out for is Signet of the Hunt which makes their attacks un-blockable, which can bypass reflection. Not sure if it's a meta choice but i've been sniped by unblockable rangers with magnet aura up so becareful reflection won't save you from this spike. 

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

I mean, do you engage every single player you see?  Is the only option ever to fight?

If you review the opening seconds of the clip, you'll see I did dodge his Lance and tried to dodge his Battle Maul.  Nothing left for the RF burst.

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I said towards the beginning of this thread that I probably should have dismounted myself before the burst.  It's just that until this experience, I never expected to be deleted off my mount before my character even landed on the ground.

Having the mount die can mess you up it's a weird one.  If it's a sniper best to just unmount and use whatever tools you got.  If you looking to avoid fights I'd assume you have a nike build with breaks and ports that whole shabang.

Edited by displayname.8315
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Smokescale assault can be triggered from range and follows the victim wherever it goes during channel, no greatsword involved.

As for needing a macro.. Dude, go get a mouse with a thumbpad. Everybody playing this game and especially people talking about what is and isn't possible in game should own an mmo mouse 

Logitech g600

Go get one, theyre 35 bucks sometimes.

You'll wonder why you waited so long to get one.

You gotta read my whole post--never said they used GS (because it's impossible from the footage), but did say if they had the reaction time would have been difficult.  

My old CM Storm serves me fine for GW2; I don't need 20 buttons on a mouse to know the sequence of events in the video is unlikely without setting up a macro.  

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

My old CM Storm serves me fine for GW2; I don't need 20 buttons on a mouse to know the sequence of events in the video is unlikely without setting up a macro.  

...You do realize that you've stated something easily done with the right equipment is cheating because you can't do it on your incorrect equipment?

3 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Sic'em is used in their spike (it's unblockable and bypasses reflection). Just wanted to point this out before noobs start slotting reflection thinking they are safe from rangers lol

Sic 'Em is not an unblockable.

You need to use Signet of Hunt to make it unblockable.

• Like 1

what does it matter if you bring a reflect? Rangers will smokescale tp to you, deal huge dmg, make wordly impact and then go maul, hilt bash, maul while having swoop, block and lb stealth off cd to kite away if you manage to survive.

Which you may not be able to as you will be forced sometimes to burn CDs earlier and then in melee you are very vulnerable. Compare the survivability and burst in all ranges of a soulbeast and a gunflame berserker. Soulbeasts also have no time gated bursts unlike berserker who also needs to be in combat. 🤷‍♂️

I smell bs 

• Like 5

The Warclaw still provides a tremendous advantage in the game mode via its free supplemental mobility, evades, soft and hard CC immunity, and extra healthbar, so such a downside to getting dismounted is completely fair and healthy. Best thing to do when you know your Warclaw is about to die is simply to manually dismount. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, displayname.8315 said:

If you looking to avoid fights I'd assume you have a nike build with breaks and ports that whole shabang.

Yes indeed 😁

3 minutes ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Best thing to do when you know your Warclaw is about to die is simply to manually dismount. 

Yep that's the lesson I learned from this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Sic 'Em is not an unblockable.

You need to use Signet of Hunt to make it unblockable.

huh...then is it some soulbeast trait that causes the unblockable? I'm like nearly 100% sure that all soulbeasts builds have this capacity to bypass blocks...i just don't remember which thing causes that unblockable. 

Edit: okay I see, it was Unstoppable Union which is what i was thinking of

July 16, 2019
  • This trait no longer grants an unblockable boon.
  • Instead, it removes movement-impairing conditions in addition to its previous effect of stunbreaking when activating beastmode.

But ya i suppose the only way now these rangers can do unblockables is with That Signet of the Hunt. Is that a popular choice or no?

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

15 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

But ya i suppose the only way now these rangers can do unblockables is with That Signet of the Hunt. Is that a popular choice or no?

Not as popular as you'd think.

A lot of folks seem content to shoot themselves in the face and whine on the ranger subforum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not reading through all the comments. 

@Twilight Tempest.7584 this really is just a prime example of why the Feb 2020 balance patch was 100000% garbage. Some things got heavily nerfed, while others were not. The 'point' of that patch was to reduce damage across the board and promote 'skillful' gameplay.  But... You still have instagib meme builds. So that balance decision was a complete fail.

Take Earth Runes, and the ranger will spike themselves.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Not as popular as you'd think.

A lot of folks seem content to shoot themselves in the face and whine on the ranger subforum.

SoS is a waste of utility skill, it's only use is for the unblockable which doesn't work very well on the ranger. With a 50% CD reduction may be usable but otherwise no. 

4 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Yes indeed 😁

Yep that's the lesson I learned from this.

However you were lucky, a good Slb will dismount you with AAs and while falling from the mount you will get PBS and  keep flying while the RF would chew thru your HP. 

In any case you have uploaded a video with the HP cropped and no combat log so is my guess you were in a very glassy class with a very glassy build, in WvW you need to use tankier builds. 

If this is another ranger hate thread mission accomplished. 

26 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

this really is just a prime example of why the Feb 2020 balance patch was 100000% garbage.
Take Earth Runes, and the ranger will spike themselves.

The patch was fine, the thing is Slb is supposed to be very bursty. The damage was taken down quite a lot, i remember being able to unmount peeps with AAs.  

Thou I don't like the idea or a whole e-spec depending on a couple of skills to function , apparently this is what anet wants. 

OP would just needs to L2P  , that build is pure glass with literally  0 survivability or mobility . If the OP would have used the second evade from the mount the ranger would not have being able to reach it again. It is not fun when this happens but my guess is OP was also in a one-shot build. 

Definitely in EU the pewpew build is not that effective. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I appreciate everyone's comments, but it seems like some don't read what I already said in my edit to the OP or in my first comment in here (literally the second post in the discussion):

On 7/31/2021 at 10:06 PM, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Yeah, I know how bursty SLB is, especially that build.

I realize there's like a second after you're dismounted where you're stunned and should use a stun break + evade.

I also realize it might be better to dismount before the burst in that situation.

Fine, L2P.  Still seems really stupid though.

Guess we're all supposed to experience this once before we realize what a liability the Warclaw can be.

--

4 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

However you were lucky, a good Slb will dismount you with AAs and while falling from the mount you will get PBS and  keep flying while the RF would chew thru your HP. 

^This sounds horrible and somewhat abusive.  More reason to manually dismount when the Warclaw is about to die.

my guess you were in a very glassy class with a very glassy build, in WvW you need to use tankier builds. 

Yes, a bit glassy, but not full glass.  As I responded to others in here, I have 18K+ HP with buffs.  Mostly Marauder's stats.  Medium ascended armor.  Definitely not a 1-shot build myself.

If this is another ranger hate thread mission accomplished. 

I'll point you to what I said in the OP:

On 7/31/2021 at 9:20 PM, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

To be clear, this isn't a "nerf Soulbeast" topic.  The other player was clearly using a meme build that is countered by avoiding the burst (although this one was your classic run into their Keep before you can catch them pest).  I'm more concerned with how we get CC'd in the air during a forced Warclaw dismount which continues after we land (looks kind of like a Knockdown).

22 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

OP would just needs to L2P  , that build is pure glass with literally  0 survivability or mobility .

Pure glass, I believe.  Zero mobility?  Welll, they used GS Swoop and Smoke Assault port pretty effectively.  If I'm not mistaken, that's effectively 1,000 + 750 units of solid mobility.  (Swoop isn't in the clip, but they kept using it to run into their Keep earlier.)

If the OP would have used the second evade from the mount the ranger would not have being able to reach it again. It is not fun when this happens but my guess is OP was also in a one-shot build. 

If you watch the opening of the clip closely (or read my replies to others) both Warclaw evades were used before the RF burst.  First I dodged Lance, then I tried to dodge Battle Maul.  Of course I normally try to dodge the RF.  And I'm not running a one-shot build, as I mentioned above.

I generally don't have too much trouble with most Soulbeasts.  Very good Soulbeasts and Immob Druids are a different matter.  I just didn't know what a death sentence the scenario in the clip is.  Going forward, I know to manually dismount if my Warclaw is about to die and I'm in enemy range.

I tried to do a "INB4: L2P" in the second post by acknowledging what I learned and plan to do going forward, but I guess it just gets overlooked. 😕

• Like 2

@Twilight Tempest.7584 I know your tried to redirect this away from being about the burst, but every time someone shows that burst being used on the forums the Ranger players come out very quickly to protect it.

Its a degenerate meme build. I've used it with exotic Greiving gear and 100-0 people off of their mounts. Either dismount and use a reflect skill, or use Runes of Earth. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

The guy is using WS, BM and soulbeast, he would possibly had 4 multipliers working for him and had sup runes of the firework and used sic em, qz, rapid fire, smoke assault, wi and owp to down player, after which he would have nothing left but to hope the target was dead. Ahha

Having been hit by an 7-8k arc dividers yesterday by a warrior, I’m pretty sure melee classes can output enough damage to down a player if slotting glass and using 6 skills to do so lol

Soulbeast can hit 15k on 3.2k toughness plus prot :), reason i want to re-make by druid and select the correct race :=)

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Twilight Tempest.7584 I know your tried to redirect this away from being about the burst, but every time someone shows that burst being used on the forums the Ranger players come out very quickly to protect it.

Its a degenerate meme build. I've used it with exotic Greiving gear and 100-0 people off of their mounts. Either dismount and use a reflect skill, or use Runes of Earth. 

You are quite wrong....this playerbase has complained about ranger lb burst for ages , more than once,  the devs, Irenio himself  on stream said the burst is fine and in line with anet vision for ranger. 

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/classes/zen-archer/

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/classes/hunter

The Devs have aknowledgeded the burst as valid gameplay option , the ranger player literally fire off the entire bar to reach that dmg every 40-60s, while using full glass gear and running as main defensive tactic. The build only works the lower the skill level of the opponents. Killed this type of build on : necro(core-reaper-minio) - warrior(core-sb-berseker) - ele(FA ele, core d/d!!!!, tempest and weaver) - guardian(any build) - engi(grenade holo) with relative easiness, I suggest people to swallow their over inflated ego and recognize this for what it is....L2P issue

There is a limit to how much we can nerf things in a MMO, we reach a point where people either learn to finally play or should just quit, this is a reaction base game in the end...not a jump/move forward 2D rpg

P.S consider what ranger does in other MMOs...and try to still claim that what I am saying is wrong

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3

Just now, Arheundel.6451 said:

You are quite wrong....this playerbase has complained about ranger lb burst for ages , more than once,  the devs, Irenio himself  on stream said the burst is fine and in line with anet vision for ranger. 

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/game/classes/zen-archer/

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/game/classes/hunter

The Devs have aknowledgeded the burst as valid gameplay option , the ranger player literally fire off the entire bar to reach that dmg every 40-60s, while using full glass gear and running as main defensive tactic. The build only works the lower the skill level of the opponents. Killed this type of build on : necro(core-reaper-minio) - warrior(core-sb-berseker) - ele(FA ele, core d/d!!!!, tempest and weaver) - guardian(any build) - engi(grenade holo) with relative easiness, I suggest people to swallow their over inflated ego and recognize this for what it is....L2P issue

There is a limit to how much we can nerf things in a MMO, we reach a point where people either learn to finally play or should just quit, this is a reaction base game in the end...not a jump/move forward 2D rpg

Oh, its a valid option. It can be valid and still be degenerate. I've killed memebeasts before. My point still stands that this kind of build is directly counter to their 'vision' of the Feb2020 patch.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

...You do realize that you've stated something easily done with the right equipment is cheating because you can't do it on your incorrect equipment?

I dunno what you are going on about.  Anyone can do this burst without a 20 button 'MMO' mouse lol--just not in the time shown in the video.  

I mean if it was a macro you need one button...

Also the constant cries about how OP soulbeasts / rangers are in topics that have nothing to do with class balance (like this one) shows how bad the WvW community really is...

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 5:37 AM, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

I think this is my main gripe.  It makes it way too easy for silly builds like the one this Soulbeast was using to global people off their mounts with very little opportunity to do anything.  They already nerfed the Warclaw so hard, I don't think it needs this extra liability that just rewards people for playing silly builds.

It doesn't reward, it punishes. It punishes the rider for thinking he's safe and not making any decisions. When you know some one is likely chasing you, you need to decide, risk trying to dodge and keep running, or dismount and avoid the daze before he dismounts me?  Personally I think the mount is already nerfed too much.

It's hard to comment on a specific event that happens to a player when you hide your hp and don't show your build or stats.  For all we know your toon was a level 15 in green gear.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

It's been long known Anet doesn't allow macro's in competitive gameplay.

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013762153

The multi skill macro set ups in PvP/WvW are against the rules.

Anet doesn't enforce it though. 🤡

6 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Soulbeast can hit 15k on 3.2k toughness plus prot :), reason i want to re-make by druid and select the correct race :=)

Do it, druids are yucky.

Yes they can deal damage, but it’s also very easy to avoid the bulk of the damage. Still fun to barrage into a Zerg that has just engaged another Zerg and watch the loot come in ahha

1. It is possible to stunbreak mid fall animation when getting knocked off the mount. If you are ready to instantly stunbreak and defend yourself, getting forcefully dismounted is not an inevitable death sentence.

2. Macros don't alter the way skills work or how fast they can be used. Every combo that can be done with macros can be done just as well without. While the use of macros can't be ruled out, i don't see a reason to assume, macros had any relevance in this case.

I'm also not aware of skill altering cheats.

3. Removing information (combat log, hp bar, ...) isn't very helpful if the intent of a video/image is to gain answers about what/how exactly something is happening/possible. "Feels like" and "seems like" is the best you'll get ...

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

I mean, do you engage every single player you see?  Is the only option ever to fight?

EDIT: I forgot to reiterate what I said in an earlier post--the Soulbeast in the clip was also trolling.  Running into his Keep every time he got low.  I saw this happen a few times.  So I didn't want to waste time "fighting" him near his Keep.

If you review the opening seconds of the clip, you'll see I did dodge his Lance and tried to dodge his Battle Maul.  Nothing left for the RF burst.

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I said towards the beginning of this thread that I probably should have dismounted myself before the burst.  It's just that until this experience, I never expected to be deleted off my mount before my character even landed on the ground.

As a small note, there's really no point in dodging the battle maul.

• Like 1

@Aeolus.3615 it can be just lag tho. idk if that's possible to prove. lag and desync cause so much weird situations... and even if hacks exist (approximately) that cause a similar behaviour, how to prove if it was lag or not?

@Teratus.2859 yeah, and equally of no use against most other stuff. nice deal. rangers surely are very solid once they can hide behind a zerg or blob of classes that do the main work.

@LetoII.3782 toolbar when dismount-dazed and maybe had lags? sounds like what a ranger would argue like. u have zero options while mounted against a ranger longbow2, other than a dodge, which can be hard depending on spotting of the ranger, shooting distance and angle.

the mount itself is in a lot of cases more of a disablity than helping. that's one major problem with it. anet has stripped nearly any sense to have the mount, outside of beeing casually as fast as others that own it. really bad after all.

@Dawdler.8521 ranger with macros? they barely are able to walk straight. watch the glass pew pew rangers fight elite spvp streamers like vallun or naru, the glass rangerinos get destroyed there. the tanky runners... yeah, tanky run away, but those are also not the oneshotters we talk about here.

@displayname.8315 u realize the mount has no armor count and a rather small HP pool? quite sure before the later hammer autoattack nerf for herald i did threeshot a mounted player with just the 111111 from it. (that's just far from the speed of pepega ranger damage, takes about seven-eight times as long and has not further damage chaining)

On 8/1/2021 at 12:33 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Maybe because sustain in WvW is also miles above what is possible in sPvP, in particular when looking at organised grps/zergs?

How about we delete firebrand (and scourge since it is only causing issues in PvP) and put 60s cd on all aoe stab, nerf aoe boons and healing and remove all defensive gear stats before nerfing dmg further? You know, like in sPvP ...

(fun fact: ranger and thief dmg is not split between WvW and sPvP)

ranger and thief (but especially theif) deal a billion less dmg in spvp and thieves are far less bulky there also. (rangers' self sustain is just some other absurd point of that class, far too forgiving for its mobility)

u sound just like another person not understand the meta at all, no offense. okay, u want pirateship, but in the end pirateship metas are just some random grindfest. completely chaotic, you could as well just let 180 NPCs with a random number generated build and skill usage bomb each other.... surely fun. or so.

• Like 2