Projectile reflection / block and invul should be revised

Eclipsiste.3251

On 8/1/2021 at 2:30 AM, Widmo.3186 said:

Game rules - find me one reflect skill, that has shorter CD than Rapid Fire, can be used instantly and its duration is long enough to cover whole Rapid Fire channel. So basically, it counters whole skill that deals the most damage on longbow soulbeast and makes it unusable. Good luck have fun.

some specs can rotate block/ reflect and negate all ranged burst skills indefinitely, essentially making the weapon useless. its not hard to find out.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987

On 8/1/2021 at 8:03 PM, LionZero.3479 said:

Just give reflection skills the same treatment as unblockable skills.

Ergo give it charges and make em useless like signet of the hunt Kappa

- Cant... would not be balanced, or very if not extremelly  hard to balance....its  a zerg team game not a 1vs1 balance.

-Reflects only last 6sec at max on a much larger 30-40CD..  QQ about this is pure lameness or l2p/lack of fight experience, its very idiotic, just because players want to be carried withouth effort.

-Perma engie domes imo  are more anoying due the amount of stacked scrappers.

- SoS is not useless unless ur a bad player.. period, players that have reflects also have to use it intead of something else that would help them more oftem. same hapens with SoS, one use it or not.

SoS have almost the same CD has others reflects.

-learn when to atack... reflects are very visual---

-Unblockables bypass blocks, absortion, refelction, when one setups it can bypass all..

Another l2p issue, compalaining about relfects and not the perma scrapers dome due how many they are..

Edited by Aeolus.3615

Reflects are fine, some classes just need access to unblockables which makes sense with how the class works. 

Although i can see Virtuoso, the warrior and the necro mains  crying because projectile hate uptime as soon a EoD comes out. Or they will get plenty of AoEs/unblockables.  Save this post for later and remember my words. 

• Confused 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

some specs can rotate block/ reflect and negate all ranged burst skills indefinitely, essentially making the weapon useless. its not hard to find out.

Was faffing about with a deadeye yesterday. Almost immune to condi damage so could not kill him on my own build, but had a funny moment where he popped the rifle block line so I decided to just stand there and spam 1. As soon as it ended he popped it again, just ranged fire vs perma block for a minute straight lol. I would have liked to see two deadeyes fight like that against each other.

Then a friendly power build came and downed him in a second or two so I could do the good old well deserved jumping.

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Was faffing about with a deadeye yesterday. Almost immune to condi damage so could not kill him on my own build, but had a funny moment where he popped the rifle block line so I decided to just stand there and spam 1. As soon as it ended he popped it again, just ranged fire vs perma block for a minute straight lol. I would have liked to see two deadeyes fight like that against each other.

Then a friendly power build came and downed him in a second or two so I could do the good old well deserved jumping.

oof yeah deadeye. the worst designed espec in gw2.

• Like 1

Sorry, late to this thread....

On 8/1/2021 at 4:30 AM, Widmo.3186 said:

if reflects are truly so OP, lets play a game. If you win Ill admit that reflection/blocks should be nerfed, If I win youll stop crying about mechanics and instead try to actually improve at the game and learn your class. Deal?
Game rules - find me one reflect skill, that has shorter CD than Rapid Fire, can be used instantly and its duration is long enough to cover whole Rapid Fire channel. So basically, it counters whole skill that deals the most damage on longbow soulbeast and makes it unusable. Good luck have fun.

Wanted to respond to this and this is in the name of fun.

Celestial Renegade has been seeing an increase in play in roaming and small scale, so this is a good place to bring this up. Revenant Protective Solace on Ventari Stance can give a permanent projectile block dome. The CD is 5 secs after deactivation and only uses 6 pips per sec (so -1 of neutral). You can maintain this indefinitely with Ancient Echo energy gain on Core Rev (Ancient Echo provides 20 energy on a 20 sec CD which is the exact amount of energy Protective Solace uses over 20 sec). You can also get wild and use Replenishing Despair Trait in Corruption line which gives you a free energy pip, which will allow Protective Solace to be up 100% without needing to gain energy at the cost of a giving Torment to yourself every sec. While it's not a reflect, this a way to give 100% block uptime vs any projectile based damage. Obviously this is very niche, but it is doable.

*Edit - Protective Solace and Ventari's will are also instant cast

(Side note fun fact - Runes of Tormenting actually heal yourself if you give torment to yourself when using the Replenishing Despair trait, lessening some of the damage you do to yourself)

Edited by Jaykay.9641