Is anyone really looking forward to...more Aurene?

Aodlop.1907

3 minutes ago, witcher.3197 said:

A new cast would do wonders for the story.

New areas of the world don't get to shine because we are always surrounded by the same people. It'd be nice for once if we got to hang out with a group of locals when we go to a place like Cantha, instead of sticking with the same old group all the time.

And of course it'd be easier for new players to get involved without having to catch up with a decade's worth of story.

A nice way to do this without abandoning the long term characters would be to elevate them to leaders in their own rights.

What if Rytlock has to buckle down and command, instead of adventuring? Taimi gets established at one of the colleges as a somewhat rogue field research lead, but is still tied to the bureaucracy enough that she isn't such a free agent? What if Canach, tempted by his amassed winnings and the new opportunities of open Cantha, leads his own, somewhat shifty band of merchants, leaving open the question of whether he's slipping back into his old ways?

If each of them has a leadership role somewhere that restricts their adventuring, we can still interact with them from time to time as we interact with the organizations they are part of, but we get to do the bulk of our adventuring with new, fresh allies.

It makes sense that these characters would grow into mature positions over time that would keep them from being available to Dragons' Watch. 

• Like 3

I don't see why the entire cast has to be either retired or killed off, nor do I want them to be.  I keep hearing "their Stories are over" for whichever character(s) and my thought is "How the heck do you know?"  Why can't anyone of them have more to do, more to help us with, more aspects of their very character to explore?  Make no mistake, though, I am not against new characters nor am I against a few specific characters taking a hiatus.  But remove the entire cast for an entirely new one?  What makes you think I or a plurality of the player base would enjoy (and pay money) for that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I don't see why the entire cast has to be either retired or killed off, nor do I want them to be.  I keep hearing "their Stories are over" for whichever character(s) and my thought is "How the heck do you know?"  Why can't anyone of them have more to do, more to help us with, more aspects of their very character to explore?  Make no mistake, though, I am not against new characters nor am I against a few specific characters taking a hiatus.  But remove the entire cast for an entirely new one?  What makes you think I or a plurality of the player base would enjoy (and pay money) for that?

Pretty much this.

Not to mention like... even after the Elder Dragon story is over, Dragon's Watch are the people who have spent the better part of the last decade on the front lines on fighting the greatest threat the planet has ever known. Whenever whatever comes after the Elder Dragons gets here, who else is better to fight said threat then the people who have shown clear skill in fighting those kinds of threats?

We aren't going to just dump some of the most skilled people on the planet for a new cast just because we moved into a Mist Demon storyline or something after EoD.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2