Raiding in End of Dragon

So just a question, regarding any news about raiding in  End of Dragons, does anybody know if we getting new wings in next expansion, or was anything mentioned about it, i'm just wondering because for me raiding in gw 2 is rly well done, and i see a lot of people saying they ain't releasing any more wings, anybody has any infos :o?

They're apparently focusing on strikes, including making ones which are supposed to be as hard as raid bosses, but they'll still be shorter and therefore hopefully easier for players to get into and complete.

I hope they're looking at revamping the way you find and enter strikes as well. I've done several of them but I still find it confusing, trying to work out where the entrance/s are for the specific one I want to do and whether there's a public version or I have to go through LFG first.

I don't like the strikes, at least not as they are currently. Most mechanics are meaningless, everything is super fast and seldomly does it punish you hard enough if you ignore it. If they go for strikes as the new raids I really hope they invest a bit more thought into them. 

7 minutes ago, Clyan.1593 said:

I don't like the strikes, at least not as they are currently. Most mechanics are meaningless, everything is super fast and seldomly does it punish you hard enough if you ignore it. If they go for strikes as the new raids I really hope they invest a bit more thought into them. 

Thats not really the point of strikes, they are supposed to be fast small encounters you dont really need a raid group for, with the exception of bosses like boneskinner.

As for the original question, we dont know yet. They said there is a lot more stuff they will announce over the rest of the year.

Edited by Zuldari.3940

i think strikes are a fine addition to the game, more content and group content easely done by salvaging story content, it's a great thing, but they should not replace raids at all.

4 hours ago, Hugedeal.5426 said:

So just a question, regarding any news about raiding in  End of Dragons, does anybody know if we getting new wings in next expansion, or was anything mentioned about it, i'm just wondering because for me raiding in gw 2 is rly well done, and i see a lot of people saying they ain't releasing any more wings, anybody has any infos :o?

Raids are not release with the Expension but during the living worlds after, at least that what happend with all the previous raids.

• Confused 1

I don't think i ever did a Strike mission except Frosty and the IBS required one.

Is IBS required one even a strike mision or DRM? Never did either, and i soloed the IBS one so that's definitely not a good indicator on how they are.

That said...

I'd be down for some strike missions if they're all short and to the point like Wintersday Frosty one.

I think i'd much rather do those than Raids, even if they're hard.

Cause, (also never raided) i heard Raids take time and really, not many people can spare hours banging their heads against the wall and dealing with elitism to finally "get into Raiding". Strikes are a good step in the right direction i think.

But the main problem with Strikes and DRM is that there's no rewards in them. Yeah, there's some but what Strikes really need is legendary armor. Put that in and people will be all over them.

If Anet would stop pretending like Raiding is the pinnacle of gameplay and reserve the most "prestigious" rewards for them, maybe people would also do other content if they have a simmilar reward.

I mean, even WvW has legendary armor (though the "prestige" of the looks needs some serious work for the amount of hours you need to sink in it). What do strikes get? Some skins, ascended stuff that'll be obsoloete soon and idk, materials or whatever?

Legendary armor anet. Legendary anything! If you want the content played, you need to make the effort end in a legendary item.

That's the only way.

No one would be raiding if there wouldn't be any incentive to do so.

And all you who will cry "prestige" or "just for the sake of it, it's fun", yeah, i'm sure all those 2000g per run raid selling is just so that buyers can "have fun" right?

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I don't think i ever did a Strike mission except Frosty and the IBS required one.

Is IBS required one even a strike mision or DRM? Never did either, and i soloed the IBS one so that's definitely not a good indicator on how they are.

If one is going for the meta achievement for Shadow In The Ice you have to do strike missions for it. Not many but you have to.

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

They're apparently focusing on strikes, including making ones which are supposed to be as hard as raid bosses, but they'll still be shorter and therefore hopefully easier for players to get into and complete.

I hope they're looking at revamping the way you find and enter strikes as well. I've done several of them but I still find it confusing, trying to work out where the entrance/s are for the specific one I want to do and whether there's a public version or I have to go through LFG first.

Just as an fyi in case you weren't aware,

All strike missions share the same entrance for public and private in the EOTN Asura Gate. The open world entrances are now redundant.

Every strike has a public or lfg(private) version and one isnt required to do the other

2 hours ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Thats not really the point of strikes, they are supposed to be fast small encounters you dont really need a raid group for, with the exception of bosses like boneskinner.

"with the exception of bosses like boneskinner". You beat me to it: Strikes lack identity.
They're as trivial as a silver mob with a thick healthbar. That has nothing to do with raiding, even if they try to make it look like a toned down version of it. It's not.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

If one is going for the meta achievement for Shadow In The Ice you have to do strike missions for it. Not many but you have to.

I meant the Charr tank one. With the "i have 1000 mechanics" boss at the end where you have to collect ammo or something and then blast it with a tank. Took me 4 hours to solo that lol. Started with, "might as well see what this is all about", then when i did most of the mission it turned into "might as well try and finish it".

And i did. Was kinda fun. ☺️

• Like 1

I'd wait till further details. As far as I know there are 7 Raids and 7 Strike Missions, so there's possibility for at least another Raid in EoD to even it out between Raids and Strikes. 

There's still a lot we haven't seen, including the 8 other E-Specs, so there's plenty more to come regarding EoD in terms of content. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugedeal.5426 said:

Expansions didn't introduce raids. They came with Living World Seasons. I would like to see new raid wings and also harder strikes as entry into raiding.

• Confused 1

Wooden Potatoes lays out perfectly the problems with raids in GW2 and their Strike Mission successor. Give it a look. Three to 4 strikes is basically a raid but when you just make them about the battle and mechanics you simplify their accessibility. Imagine every current raid boss being a strike mission and I bet you most of the GW2 community would have played them.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, codedbykush.2019 said:

Expansions didn't introduce raids. They came with Living World Seasons. I would like to see new raid wings and also harder strikes as entry into raiding.

This is the problem with wording and labeling and they aren't doing a super great job in transitioning us from raids to strikes. The company literally HAS to say strike missions ARE raiding content just more accessible. They also need to optimize them to where you have to do the mechanics. Everybody pretty much ignores jumping off the iceblock in Shiverpeak pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

This is the problem with wording and labeling and they aren't doing a super great job in transitioning us from raids to strikes. The company literally HAS to say strike missions ARE raiding content just more accessible. They also need to optimize them to where you have to do the mechanics. Everybody pretty much ignores jumping off the iceblock in Shiverpeak pass.

For a long time, devs failed to introduce some of the most important game mechanics like crowd control - CC - breaking the blue bar to the general gamer community.

If people knew and cared to break the blue bar, most fights would be much faster, even though there are some occasions where a slow break would have a strategic difference.

While content creators and communities like Raid Academy try to do a good job with training, most gamers opt-in "monkey" or greed DPS than actually contributing to the boss fight.

I hope devs try to understand the casual player transition from easy strikes to difficult ones then to raids and add more engaging content.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

Wooden Potatoes lays out perfectly the problems with raids in GW2 and their Strike Mission successor. Give it a look. Three to 4 strikes is basically a raid but when you just make them about the battle and mechanics you simplify their accessibility. Imagine every current raid boss being a strike mission and I bet you most of the GW2 community would have played them.

Not everything youtubers touch or say is gold. 
Claiming 3-4 strikes equal a raid instance is the equivalent of saying 2-3 dungeon paths or 15 silver mobs equal a raid.  That's an uninformed comparison. Or ignorance at best. 

Contents with low skill requierement struggle to stay relevant and in order to prevent that come with mindless grinds or a countless amount of trivial rewards (as strikes do atm). 

Raids have an identity, they requiere coordination, dedicated roles and come with mechanics that wipe you if you don't respect them. You simply cannot replace that with what strikes currently are. In that case it is not a proper replacement rather than just a refusal to deliver content in favor of different content. 

However I don't mind if strikes replace raids if they meet these criterias or maybe have different difficulty levels to choose, which would be a good way to please everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Clyan.1593 said:

Not everything youtubers touch or say is gold. 
Claiming 3-4 strikes equal a raid instance is the equivalent of saying 2-3 dungeon paths or 15 silver mobs equal a raid.  That's an uninformed comparison. Or ignorance at best. 

Contents with low skill requierement struggle to stay relevant and in order to prevent that come with mindless grinds or a countless amount of trivial rewards (as strikes do atm). 

Raids have an identity, they requiere coordination, dedicated roles and come with mechanics that wipe you if you don't respect them. You simply cannot replace that with what strikes currently are. In that case it is not a proper replacement rather than just a refusal to deliver content in favor of different content. 

However I don't mind if strikes replace raids if they meet these criterias or maybe have different difficulty levels to choose, which would be a good way to please everyone. 

This is exactly what they have said Strike CMs will be. (aka raid level) What that actually means remains to be seen and we'll just have to wait to find out. Will raiders be disappointed if every boss is MO normal mode difficulty? Probably. I'm just hoping for a good variety of difficulty in the Strike CMs. Some like Carin/MO, some like Largos/Q1, and some like raid CM level. Every CM doesn't need to be like Dhuum CM, but at least 1 of them should present that type of challenge. 

While everyone did appreciate the map design, lore, in between boss events, etc in the existing raids, it's clear that it takes them a ton of effort to do this. The boss encounters are like 90%+ of what makes a good raid wing. The extra flavor is just the gravy on top. So I personally would rather get 5-10 strike CMs a year (looking at their IBS release cadence) that are actually good boss encounters, than get 1 raid every 2 years that has that extra 10%. 

Edited by ButterPeanut.9746

5 minutes ago, ButterPeanut.9746 said:

This is exactly what they have said Strike CMs will be. (aka raid level) What that actually means remains to be seen and we'll just have to wait to find out. Will raiders be disappointed if every boss is MO normal mode difficulty? Probably. I'm just hoping for a good variety of difficulty in the Strike CMs. Some like Carin/MO, some like Largos/Q1, and some like raid CM level. Every CM doesn't need to be like Dhuum CM, but at least 1 of them should present that type of challenge. 

While everyone did appreciate the map design, lore, in between boss events, etc in the existing raids, it's clear that it takes them a ton of effort to do this. The boss encounters are like 90%+ of what makes a good raid wing. The extra flavor is just the gravy on top. So I personally would rather get 5-10 strike CMs a year (looking at their IBS release cadence) that are actually good boss encounters, than get 1 raid every 2 years that has that extra 10%. 

Dhuum cm isnt even that hard if you compare it to other games. It would be an easy mythic boss in wow for example.

Cairn and mo are just dps golems. The cms are almost the same as the normal modes which are already laughable.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Dhuum cm isnt even that hard if you compare it to other games. It would be an easy mythic boss in wow for example.

Cairn and mo are just dps golems. The cms are almost the same as the normal modes which are already laughable.

Nowhere did I claim it was hard compared to other games. I'm just hoping the Strike CMs are around the same difficulty as the variety in the current raids. That way they have basically all of the "pros" of being raid like encounters, but also all of the "pros" of being story encounters that they can produce way more quickly. 

22 hours ago, Hugedeal.5426 said:

Eh, i really enjoyed the raid wings designs and well scenarios, strikes being 1 single boss feel boring, oh well ty vm for info.

Strikes can also include some events, the thing is that strikes are designed around more daily repetition so pre events and long walks would become extremely tiring imo

That would be the only thing missing, but at the same time they also do what many have been asking for a long time. Encounters we meet in the story (essentially the easy & achievement mode) being turned into actually tuned combat encounters for groups, so technically we might not be missing out on all that much.