Warrior veterans, describe why you enjoy playing the warrior profession!

Fladmast.6021

Why you may ask? Heh... 

We are the top dogs even if anet or other players don't want us to be. Look at them all trying to imitate us. Holosmiths, Scrappers, Rangers, Soulbeasts, Reapers, Daredevils. 

We are the most pure combatants, with the least cheese in our builds. Our purpose is to inspire terror. We don't need shadows, we don't need auto blocks, we don't need shrouds, we don't need clones, we don't need pets, we don't need anything. 

Chads 😎

• Like 8

I like the warrior class because its a bruiser class. The class is just muscle and steel. A warrior can be a knight, a mercenary, a warlord, a gladiator, a defender and much more. Its the archetype for the merciless conqueror, the soldier of fortune and the honor bound hero.

That's why I like playing warrior. And it's fun kicking people's teeth in with just SteelAndSexAppeal

• Like 2

I love CC'ing people and knocking them senseless.  Bull's Charge into Arcing slice never, ever gets old 🙂

I also agree with the others that have cited Warrior's straightforward and "honest" game play.  When you beat someone, it's 'cause you outdueled them.  No cheap mechanics, stealth attacks, instant cast stuns/dazes, etc. 

Warrior is good, clean fun. 

• Like 1

I love it because, as many others have stated, it has no frills. You have to bait people and pick and choose your moments. No BS, no tricks, you just have to straight up outplay them. To me, there really is nothing better in the game than being on low health, getting chased by someone who’s a bit too thirsty, baiting them in, and then flipping the script and hitting a big burst skill. Good times!

Edited by crewthief.8649

You want to know some cheese? I played my burn DH the other day and fought a GS/rifle spell breaker. He didn't bring might signet. I sat inside my Shield of the Avenger until he swapped to GS to melee me. Dropped 2 symbols, SoJ, and Sword 3 on him while standing in his WoD. He got out with a sliver of hp left and died on the next burn tic.

Didn't stomp him. Didn't feel like I deserved it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You want to know some cheese? I played my burn DH the other day and fought a GS/rifle spell breaker. He didn't bring might signet. I sat inside my Shield of the Avenger until he swapped to GS to melee me. Dropped 2 symbols, SoJ, and Sword 3 on him while standing in his WoD. He got out with a sliver of hp left and died on the next burn tic.

Didn't stomp him. Didn't feel like I deserved it.

This is supposed to be the "Warrior Feel Good" thread, Lan xD

But thank you for the healthy dose of realism all the same 🙂 

• Haha 1

the simplicity

the straight forwardness

Warrior having far less particle spam than any other profession

the colour scheme

These are all things why I like Warrior more than any other profession in GW2.

If Arenanet gave Warriors a flat 20% - 30% increase in power damage dealt, I'd definitely main Warrior again.

And no, this wouldn't be too much.

Even with such a buff, Reaper and Holosmith (probably others as well) would still out-damage Warrior while having more survivability.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3

I don't play War, but to throw my hat into the ring, I have the most respect for Warriors than any other class in the game.

I fully believe that it's because of War that I'm halfway decent at rev.

For 2+ yrs it's been getting my butt handed to me by Warriors that forced me to understand dodge timing, spacing, burst windows, etc. 

whether its a sb, berserker, or core, every loss was a lesson that I felt I could actually learn and improve on (hard to say the same for a lot of other classes/builds)

• Like 2

Like most have already said I like it for it's simplicity, and playing other professions seems like cheating. Kinda like if I play anything that's Asuran in competitive formats feels like cheating because your animations are so small. Also it's fun if I'm in a zerg to out cleanse conditions over engineers and tempests (typically top 3 on arcDPS for condi cleanses).

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

the simplicity

the straight forwardness

Warrior having far less particle spam than any other profession

the colour scheme

These are all things why I like Warrior more than any other profession in GW2.

If Arenanet gave Warriors a flat 20% - 30% increase in power damage dealt, I'd definitely main Warrior again.

And no, this wouldn't be too much.

Even with such a buff, Reaper and Holosmith (probably others as well) would still out-damage Warrior while having more survivability.

I think most players do not realize this.

One way to address that is to let Berserker's Power proc off of burst use, and not burst hits. Warrior's Sprint could be raised to 7% from 3%. Peak Performance could be raised to 5% from 3%. Burst Mastery could be raised to 10% from 7%.

Even with all that it would still be less DPS than things like Reaper, Holo, or Soulbeast.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

One way to address that is to let Berserker's Power proc off of burst use, and not burst hits. Warrior's Sprint could be raised to 7% from 3%. Peak Performance could be raised to 5% from 3%. Burst Mastery could be raised to 10% from 7%.

While putting more DPS into Discipline and Strength would be nice, it would also shoehorn Warriors even more into those two trait lines.

I'd prefer the skills to be touched directly. Arenanet should increase base weapon skill damage across the board and raise the attribute scaling.

• Like 2

For me it was the big draw was the amount of weapons the warrior can use along with the weapon combinations. I also loved its no gimick gameplay, however this ended up being the classes biggest handicap.
Weapon swapping felt more fluid on warrior than any other class, i prefered the style of play on the warrior over the other classes, no ugly sounds like the revenant (seriously i hate that VRRRIIIUM! sound it plays on every attack).

• Like 1

@Fueki.4753 exactly why I love warrior. It is simple and it is all about weapons strength. Warrior shouldnt have get a 33% weapon nerf. The cc no damage nerf Was enough. So i wish they would buff weapon damage from warrior back to its damage before febr Patch (of course not greatsword it is actually fine as it is )

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Fueki.4753 exactly why I love warrior. It is simple and it is all about weapons strength. Warrior shouldnt have get a 33% weapon nerf. The cc no damage nerf Was enough. So i wish they would buff weapon damage from warrior back to its damage before febr Patch (of course not greatsword it is actually fine as it is )

For Greatsword, I'd actually like some functionality changes to make it less cumbersome to use.

- Hundred Blades needs to be usable while moving.

- Considering it also takes time to reach the target, Blade Trail should come out faster. 1/4 seconds would be decent in my opinion.

- Rush should have one second of evade in the middle. That way, the start and end can be dealt with, but most of the travel time is safe.

- Whirlwind could be upgraded to hit five targets.

- This is small, but the autoattack chain should be extended to a range of 150.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

For Greatsword, I'd actually like some functionality changes to make it less cumbersome to use.

- Hundred Blades needs to be usable while moving

I'd say either that or greatly decrease the channel time to 2s or 2.5s. That way you can fit the whole thing within a 3s knockdown without using quickness, or a 2s stun with quickness.

inb4 quickness comments, from the quickness page on the wiki: 

• Increasing the casting speed by 50% means an actual reduction of casting times of just 33%.

- Considering it also takes time to reach the target, Blade Trail should come out faster. 1/4 seconds would be decent in my opinion.

Blade Trail needs to travel much faster and bounce off the terrain. It looks like they built that tech for the Virtuoso, so why not bring it over to Blade Trail?

- Rush should have one second of evade in the middle. That way, the start and end can be dealt with, but most of the travel time is safe.

Other classes get evade spam, if anything a warrior should have evasion abilities in order to fight in melee.

- Whirlwind could be upgraded to hit five targets.

+1

- This is small, but the autoattack chain should be extended to a range of 150.

Every actual melee attack is 130, on every class, regardless of the size of the weapon. I'd be down though for GS, hammer, and Staff getting 180 range while sword, mace, and axe get 150, and dagger gets stuck at 130.

Makes no sense for a dagger and a greatsword to have the same reach.

• Like 2