Ranger Solo Roaming WvW Build

Vaux.7502

Wvw perspective: 

Druid more dangerous than slb… I’m laughing my kitten off. Soulbeast has literally DOUBLE the weapon damage while merged, druid heals heal the same as the regen boon which means pretty much nothing, AND you have to work around the CA regeneration aspect. Druid is a complete joke in wvw and only works against newbies who have very very little cleanse. 

so to reiterate:

slb has more dmg, more than DOUBLE the stab, far more damage reduction. And druid has what? Ancient seeds? It doesn’t even have more cleanse when you consider you have to run specific runes or utility skills to keep your CA up.

The only thing I use druid for in wvw is tagging enemy keep cus I can run away from pretty much everything with staff + gs, but that’s it. Fighting anything else is x10 times easier on soulbeast.

3 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

Wvw perspective: 

Druid more dangerous than slb… I’m laughing my kitten off. Soulbeast has literally DOUBLE the weapon damage while merged, druid heals heal the same as the regen boon which means pretty much nothing, AND you have to work around the CA regeneration aspect. Druid is a complete joke in wvw and only works against newbies who have very very little cleanse. 

so to reiterate:

slb has more dmg, more than DOUBLE the stab, far more damage reduction. And druid has what? Ancient seeds? It doesn’t even have more cleanse when you consider you have to run specific runes or utility skills to keep your CA up.

The only thing I use druid for in wvw is tagging enemy keep cus I can run away from pretty much everything with staff + gs, but that’s it. Fighting anything else is x10 times easier on soulbeast.

As always, I suggest you look outside power builds and look up decent Druids.  

On 8/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

And I kill or, at best, stall every single one of them on Soulbeast with very little effort.

He / She is right. Soulbeast is objectively the superior roamer in almost every cathegory. To have consistent Celestial Avatar uptime (every 10 seconds) you have to have decent and consistent selfhealing, to achieve that you have to make significant sacrifices elsewhere. After the scaling nerfs to CA healing, druid went from top tier roamer to average at best, before you had godly sustain with literaly 0 healing power, not anylonger; although the biggest nerf was CA not breaking stuns anymore. If you go either celestial or condis you're going to get laughed at by every roamer carrying double cleansing sigils (something every respectable roamer should do, period), if you go the power route, you're going to be too squishy, incredibly susceptible to CC and you'll do that much less damage than a soulbeast while being half as tanky, and your CA will heal for kitten. Having stealth + superspeed + condi cleanse every ~ 10 secs sounds good on paper. Nowadays you can do just that by equiping cleasing sigils and tank condi specs indefinitely, or blast / charge over your smoskescale combo field to gain stealth anyways, while soulbeast makes you tankier, with much more damage, burst and better stability uptime with comparable sustain. Druid is no longer as good comparatively. Ancient seeds is overrated unreliable trash and doesn't make druid worth taking.

Soulbeast also has an immortal pet. Quickly burst the druid's nerfed pets that often have like 1900 to 2000 armor (overall squishier than an ele) and 16k HP on average and the druid is out of pets for 60 seconds nullifying / nerfing like half of the traits and skills that affect pets, easy, now that druid does even less damage.

Also, stop deluding yourself in fear of nerfs, let's all be genuinely honest in this debate. Dolyak Stance is possibly the strongest utility in the game, far stronger than some elite skills, its damage reduction stacks with protection boon... additively(!), a boon rangers can have plenty of. And I say that as a ranger main that abuses the heck out of it, in fact they would break my build if they nerfed it and that would be a pity to me, but let's not pretend it doesn't do too much, because it does. The only reason, and a strong one at that to be honest, where they haven't nefed it yet is that rangers are comparatively trash in zerg fights and Dolyak stance is one of those skills that can really help rangers in those situations (and it definitely does!).

Edited by Khenzy.9348

2 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

And I kill or, at best, stall every single one of them on Soulbeast with very little effort.

He / She is right. Soulbeast is objectively the superior roamer in almost every cathegory. To have consistent Celestial Avatar uptime (every 10 seconds) you have to have decent and consistent selfhealing, to achieve that you have to make significant sacrifices elsewhere. After the scaling nerfs to CA healing, druid went from top tier roamer to average at best, before you had godly sustain with literaly 0 healing power, not anylonger; although the biggest nerf was CA not breaking stuns anymore. If you go either celestial or condis you're going to get laughed at by every roamer carrying double cleansing sigils (something every respectable roamer should do, period), if you go the power route, you're going to be too squishy, incredibly susceptible to CC and you'll do that much less damage than a soulbeast while being half as tanky, and your CA will heal for kitten. Having stealth + superspeed + condi cleanse every ~ 10 secs sounds good on paper. Nowadays you can do just that by equiping cleasing sigils and tank condi specs indefinitely, or blast / charge over your smoskescale combo field to gain stealth anyways, while soulbeast makes you tankier, with much more damage, burst and better stability uptime with comparable sustain. Druid is no longer as good comparatively. Ancient seeds is overrated unreliable trash and doesn't make druid worth taking.

Soulbeast also has an immortal pet. Quickly burst the druid's nerfed pets that often have like 1900 to 2000 armor (overall squishier than an ele) and 16k HP on average and the druid is out of pets for 60 seconds nullifying / nerfing like half of the traits and skills that affect pets, easy, now that druid does even less damage.

Also, stop deluding yourself in fear of nerfs, let's all be genuinely honest in this debate. Dolyak Stance is possibly the strongest utility in the game, far stronger than some elite skills, its damage reduction stacks with protection boon... additively(!), a boon rangers can have plenty of. And I say that as a ranger main that abuses the heck out of it, in fact they would break my build if they nerfed it and that would be a pity to me, but let's not pretend it doesn't do too much, because it does. The only reason, and a strong one at that to be honest, where they haven't nefed it yet is that rangers are comparatively trash in zerg fights and Dolyak stance is one of those skills that can really help rangers in those situations (and it definitely does!).

You can believe what you want, I run both specs--soulbeast is good if you need power havoc but is not the end all be all.

Here is a duel where it was 50-50:

Since it was a duel I didn't leave the area which is a hindrance, if used LoS it wouldn't be that bad to bait Doylak out and just immob forever.  

Using that Druid build I can literally troll keeps and towers for as long as I want to--have vids of that as well, just need to compile them when I get time.  

On 8/31/2021 at 4:01 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

You can believe what you want, I run both specs--soulbeast is good if you need power havoc but is not the end all be all.

Here is a duel where it was 50-50:

[...]

Since it was a duel I didn't leave the area which is a hindrance, if used LoS it wouldn't be that bad to bait Doylak out and just immob forever.  

Using that Druid build I can literally troll keeps and towers for as long as I want to--have vids of that as well, just need to compile them when I get time.  

Going 50-50 against Marks Slb - which has basically no sustain and very little cleansing (doesn't even seem to run cleansing sigil!) and is more a gank than dueling build - does not really support your stance tho ...

There are way stronger slb builds out there.

25 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Going 50-50 against Marks Slb - which has basically no sustain and very little cleansing (doesn't even seem to run cleansing sigil!) and is more a gank than dueling build - does not really support your stance tho ...

There are way stronger slb builds out there.

Disagree on the 'stronger' statement, although there are way more tanky SLB builds out there. 

Any less damage then they had would result in probably a 2-0 in my favor, the only reason it turned into a 50-50 is really the surprise at how much damage they were doing compared to most WS SLBs I fight.

Unsure cleansing sigil would help that build really because this druid build can apply way more than 3 condis every 10 seconds, and timing any immob slightly after weapon swap usually ends that.

The point is, they were still running sic em', and dolyak stance, and actually not running LB like most SLBs (which means they keep pressure on far better); all the beats the forums complain about in a duel setting with two decent players that had never fought prior to this and coming out 50-50...seems about right.  

On 8/25/2021 at 1:05 AM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Dolyak stance is far stronger than balanced stance on warrior could ever wish to be, that being warrior's best stance...

Well, Dolayk Stance was given to an elite spec after Anet removed one stab source from core ranger ( technically two, because Signet of the Wild had a trait proc as well) and after several nerfs to Strength of the Pack. Warrior will always have that stance regardless of spec, and generally better stab uptime and sources than any Ranger spec minus Soulbeast. That is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Far better though? I'd say better most of the time for roaming and dueling, but there are definitely situations and matchup where immunity to crit and pulsing stab as opposed to 6 stacks at once can be more beneficial. It's not bad, not at all. 

If you compare the overall stances between Warrior and Soulbeast, they are pretty equal. It's fair to call Dolyak the strongest, but making a point out of how it is better than all the Warrior stances is kinda... Well, to put it like this: some of the Soulbeast stances are worse than all the Warrior ones for roaming or 1v1s. The ability to share them is an advantage Soulbeast can trait for in group play, but even then Dolyak, Bear and OWP are the only ones really worth using in PvP/WvW, one of those being an elite which Warrior doesn't have a comparison to.

Warrior stances took a huge hit because of the 300s cooldown traits and the change to resistance. Changes that weren't directly aimed against Warrior, but hit Warrior the hardest. The real issue is Anet not addressing that. On the flipside, once they do, it guarantees some buffs to Warrior stances if you chose to trait them. As opposed to the Soulbeast stance trait which Anet is perfectly fine with as is, even though the entire point of it - sharing - is more of a bonus to longer personal duration than anything else. There is a potential there which they aren't very likely to ever do anything about. The radius should be larger and the shared duration should be bumped up if they wanted us to make more significant plays out of it.

Edited by Lazze.9870

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Disagree on the 'stronger' statement, although there are way more tanky SLB builds out there. 

Any less damage then they had would result in probably a 2-0 in my favor, the only reason it turned into a 50-50 is really the surprise at how much damage they were doing compared to most WS SLBs I fight.

Unsure cleansing sigil would help that build really because this druid build can apply way more than 3 condis every 10 seconds, and timing any immob slightly after weapon swap usually ends that.

The point is, they were still running sic em', and dolyak stance, and actually not running LB like most SLBs (which means they keep pressure on far better); all the beats the forums complain about in a duel setting with two decent players that had never fought prior to this and coming out 50-50...seems about right.  

Cleansing sigil does make a huge difference. It is not like you have to cleanse every single condi. Just weapon swap after Poison Volley and Sharpening Stone and there goes the majority of your dmg, while Unstoppable Union does take care of the immob, with Dolyak Stance as emergency button.  Just swapping to cleansing + HaO instead of untraited Bear Stance would result in better (because more frequent) cleansing and healing without any significant dmg loss. Bear Stance is only worth running when traited and even then it is only good against condi "burst" but not so much vs low but constant reapplication, due to the huge downtime. That player is also not making much use of axe and mainly camping GS, so not much constant pressure. Not that pressure is what kills druid. Burst and cc is and that's something LB does better.

And WS Sic'Em Slb does not lack burst, most just play it very badly and waste all their cds at the start of the fight, then die, so it is not surprising if you win those fights.

AC can be very op and definitely will win you fights, but everything else is underwhelming on druid, making the spec very binary. Slb is a lot more well-rounded, versatile  and "whole". That alone makes it better imo.

37 minutes ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Well, Dolayk Stance was given to an elite spec after Anet removed one stab source from core ranger ( technically two, because Signet of the Wild had a trait proc as well) and after several nerfs to Strength of the Pack. Warrior will always have that stance regardless of spec, and generally better stab uptime and sources than any Ranger spec minus Soulbeast. That is something that needs to be taken into consideration.

Far better though? I'd say better most of the time for roaming and dueling, but there are definitely situations and matchup where immunity to crit and pulsing stab as opposed to 6 stacks at once can be more beneficial. It's not bad, not at all. 

If you compare the overall stances between Warrior and Soulbeast, they are pretty equal. It's fair to call Dolyak the strongest, but making a point out of how it is better than all the Warrior stances is kinda... Well, to put it like this: some of the Soulbeast stances are worse than all the Warrior ones for roaming or 1v1s. The ability to share them is an advantage Soulbeast can trait for in group play, but even then Dolyak, Bear and OWP are the only ones really worth using in PvP/WvW, one of those being an elite which Warrior doesn't have a comparison to.

Warrior stances took a huge hit because of the 300s cooldown traits and the change to resistance. Changes that weren't directly aimed against Warrior, but hit Warrior the hardest. The real issue is Anet not addressing that. On the flipside, once they do, it guarantees some buffs to Warrior stances if you chose to trait them. As opposed to the Soulbeast stance trait which Anet is perfectly fine with as is, even though the entire point of it - sharing - is more of a bonus to longer personal duration than anything else. There is a potential there which they aren't very likely to ever do anything about. The radius should be larger and the shared duration should be bumped up if they wanted us to make more significant plays out of it.

You do speak the truth. It was moreso the fact that after 2 expacs Anet was a bit more intricate with skills and what they should do. As in: Dolyak stance isn't just a flat power build counter but also a condi build counter. Unique effects reducing all dmg taken is quite big. Yes, immunity to crit is also big, but it only has a use vs power builds. On top of that, 6 stacks of stab at once are far more worthwhile than 2 pulsing stab in outnumbered situations, as even the pulsing stab on Balanced Stance cannot tank the enemy CC and you end up getting CCed anyway, with the ext stab application not triggering a stunbreak and effectively f*cking you over. 

Meanwhile Dolyak offers unstrippable prot and reso, immunity to soft and hard cc and plenty stab. To compare it with Dolyak Signet at the same time would make more sense. 10 stab stacks, some pretty bad healing coeff and some passive toughness that cannot even make up for the toughness loss on Berserker. 

I've been experimenting with Ranger more and the stance trait leaves more to be desired, but I'd argue that as a warrior I'm jealous of a stance which combines our stab stance and the effects of an elite physical (rampage) when it comes to dmg mitigation (partially) and soft cc counter. 

Which is why I would want to see a decent stance trait for both specs, especially for warrior where our 2 stance traits got deleted and I have advocated before for Frenzy to provide an unique condi dmg mitigation effect akin to that of Dolyak stance on top of the Might and quickness for a bit more interesting choices to make for using it. 

52 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Cleansing sigil does make a huge difference. It is not like you have to cleanse every single condi. Just weapon swap after Poison Volley and Sharpening Stone and there goes the majority of your dmg, while Unstoppable Union does take care of the immob, with Dolyak Stance as emergency button.  Just swapping to cleansing + HaO instead of untraited Bear Stance would result in better (because more frequent) cleansing and healing without any significant dmg loss. Bear Stance is only worth running when traited and even then it is only good against condi "burst" but not so much vs low but constant reapplication, due to the huge downtime. That player is also not making much use of axe and mainly camping GS, so not much constant pressure. Not that pressure is what kills druid. Burst and cc is and that's something LB does better.

And WS Sic'Em Slb does not lack burst, most just play it very badly and waste all their cds at the start of the fight, then die, so it is not surprising if you win those fights.

AC can be very op and definitely will win you fights, but everything else is underwhelming on druid, making the spec very binary. Slb is a lot more well-rounded, versatile  and "whole". That alone makes it better imo.

We could probably debate all day on this; as mentioned previously if this were something more serious I would have used flanking (which activates the skirmishing trait) and LoS far more, etc. etc.  More Flanking bleeds, better pet CC, could have used staff #5 a lot better, missed my staff #4...there's just too much to go back and forth about.  

Regardless you must keep in mind we're now debating over a duel posted in response to responses claiming druid is 'useless' in WvW.  So the original point stands that Druid is nowhere near useless, and yes SLB can excel at certain things (mainly power). 

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Frenzy

I was gonna mention it, but forgot. This skill should probably have an actual effect instead while reducing or removing the might stacks. The might is there because of the secondary boons comparable skills offer (Quicking Zephyr, Elixir U etc), but as a stance it should have an unique effect instead. 

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Dolyak stance isn't just a flat power build counter but also a condi build counter.

Dolyak Stance is a bit too stacked. They damage reduction replaced the retaliation, with the retal change they could probably reverse that change and keep immunity to movement condis as the actual stance effect (which is what it was supposed to be). Then reverse the duration change in PvP and lower the PvP cooldown to 40-45 sec.

Edited by Lazze.9870

On 8/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I have played condi druid myself multiple times. It's not even close in comparison to a power soulbeast. I have taken the time to learn how to play it properly in various configs. it just doesnt have the damage that soulbeast does. It has the same mobility as soulbeast too. if you play trapper runes youll get revealed trying to run away. and stealth is the only meaningful sustain druid has. 

6 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

I have played condi druid myself multiple times. It's not even close in comparison to a power soulbeast. I have taken the time to learn how to play it properly in various configs. it just doesnt have the damage that soulbeast does. It has the same mobility as soulbeast too. if you play trapper runes youll get revealed trying to run away. and stealth is the only meaningful sustain druid has. 

I dunno, maybe post up some roaming vids of you flooring druids then? As I'm not sure what else to say other than I've provided vids, know of a few prominent YT players that have used it (Vallun, etc.), and have personal experience of never dying unless outnumbered 4 to 1 even on T1 of T1 (roaming on Blackgate).  

So 'not even close' to me is very facetious, as if anything it is break even, just a different way to play.  

35 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I dunno, maybe post up some roaming vids of you flooring druids then? As I'm not sure what else to say other than I've provided vids, know of a few prominent YT players that have used it (Vallun, etc.), and have personal experience of never dying unless outnumbered 4 to 1 even on T1 of T1 (roaming on Blackgate).  

So 'not even close' to me is very facetious, as if anything it is break even, just a different way to play.  

Please dont tell me youre using vallun as an example of a good player knowing how to use ranger.... please.. lol.

Druid are not very common in wvw. you srsly want me to make a montage of me killing druids? would would that prove exactly?
if anything i should make a video explaining in detail the differences between the specs and why soulbeast , as it is currently, is superior in pretty much every metric that means something when it comes to wvw. 

The only aspect i can really see that druid has an advantage in is AOE. it has some AOE dazes, AOE stealth. it has ancient seeds.. yep. butttt vs other competent players on decent builds, these things are not going to be a problem.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, bigo.9037 said:

Please dont tell me youre using vallun as an example of a good player knowing how to use ranger.... please.. lol.

Druid are not very common in wvw. you srsly want me to make a montage of me killing druids? would would that prove exactly?
if anything i should make a video explaining in detail the differences between the specs and why soulbeast , as it is currently, is superior in pretty much every metric that means something when it comes to wvw. 

The only aspect i can really see that druid has an advantage in is AOE. it has some AOE dazes, AOE stealth. it has ancient seeds.. yep. butttt vs other competent players on decent builds, these things are not going to be a problem.

Ya I mean if you are trashing Vallun then I gotta see these vids.  As we're talking calling vids that get 50k+ views 'trash'--is an interesting take for sure.  Who would you suggest is a good ranger player to watch then? 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ya I mean if you are trashing Vallun then I gotta see these vids.  As we're talking calling vids that get 50k+ views 'trash'--is an interesting take for sure.  Who would you suggest is a good ranger player to watch then? 

Views =/= good. And as someone who has fought both players I can tell you bigo is about 100x better. 

I can think of a handful of Rangers that are very good, but not many make videos.

Kale And Abel from Maguuma
Stawk from ???
Ranger Things from Anvil Rock(?)
Link The Cunning from Anvil Rock

And even so, it's never really a good idea to base your opinion of someone on montages for obvious reasons.

Or, you can watch ROM on Twitch, who is probably one of, if not the best Ranger in the game. Boyce is another extremely good one. He used to be a Ranger main but mostly multi-classes now.

14 minutes ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Views =/= good. And as someone who has fought both players I can tell you bigo is about 100x better. 

I can think of a handful of Rangers that are very good, but not many make videos.

Stawk from ???

And even so, it's never really a good idea to base your opinion of someone on montages for obvious reasons.

Or, you can watch ROM on Twitch, who is probably one of, if not the best Ranger in the game. Boyce is another extremely good one. He used to be a Ranger main but mostly multi-classes now.

Gonna have to see some Bigo vids I guess then, right?

Checked out ROM Twitch and seems he only PvP's, and the last two vids aren't even ranger.  The one he does play ranger on didn't seem to be going very well...but I guess ranger is weak in PvP? I only WvW, so when I speak of Druid it is from that standpoint.

Also, not sure where you get montages from...I've only seen Vallun vids where he explains different build setups.  

Gonna have to see some Bigo vids I guess then, right?

Checked out ROM Twitch and seems he only PvP's, and the last two vids aren't even ranger.  The one he does play ranger on didn't seem to be going very well...but I guess ranger is weak in PvP? I only WvW, so when I speak of Druid it is from that standpoint.

Also, not sure where you get montages from...I've only seen Vallun vids where he explains different build setups.  

I'll leave it up to him if he wants to link his channel.

Ranger is good in PvP, but bad matches happen. I wouldn't base an opinion on someone over that, but at least you took the time to check them out.

2 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Stawk from ???

You trynna smash @Shroud.2307?? 😳

No but seriously. As someone who has made roaming videos for years, and i have other friends who have done the same, everyone in that sphere KNOWS that roaming vids mean absolutely nothing. Some of my friends deliberately play bad builds just to show off epic trickshots or show off skill for that ONE clip they can post in their montage, even if they have to die 100 times to get the clip. 
You dont post the 100s of times you die playing a build, you post the wins. Some ppl only post the really, really good clips too. but we all die, all the time. ( unless you play thief, then you just run 🙃 ). 

Outnumbered clips also dont mean much. unless You Yourself can tell that this person just did something that takes a lot of skill , anyone can in theory win a 1v5. it doesnt depend on yourself as much as it depends on how bad the enemies are.

Druid has lost a lot of roaming value after removing the stunbreak from Druidic Clarity and the pet stat nerfs. You can troll someone to death, you can add some valueable support in small roaming parties, but soulbeast is the overall better roamer in my opinion.

A fight between them depends entirely on the builds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

You trynna smash @Shroud.2307?? 😳

No but seriously. As someone who has made roaming videos for years, and i have other friends who have done the same, everyone in that sphere KNOWS that roaming vids mean absolutely nothing. Some of my friends deliberately play bad builds just to show off epic trickshots or show off skill for that ONE clip they can post in their montage, even if they have to die 100 times to get the clip. 
You dont post the 100s of times you die playing a build, you post the wins. Some ppl only post the really, really good clips too. but we all die, all the time. ( unless you play thief, then you just run 🙃 ). 

Outnumbered clips also dont mean much. unless You Yourself can tell that this person just did something that takes a lot of skill , anyone can in theory win a 1v5. it doesnt depend on yourself as much as it depends on how bad the enemies are.

I just agree with a lot of things you've said and know you're a good player. Even if I get annoyed by you because I hate fighting good Rangers, lol.

I have over 4k hours in Ranger myself, but I put the class down about a year ago because I just don't like it anymore. Being a part-time forum warrior, I used to come to the Ranger sub now and again, but I feel this is one of the worst echo-chambers on the forum. So it's nice when I stop by here sometimes and see some people talking sense.

Also about the last part, very true yes. 
I'm pretty bad, but just like you don't have to be a professional football player to be a coach, you don't have to be good to recognize skill. And there have been lots of players I've fought in-game that I was very disappointed by compared to their montages. 
I notice one of the biggest giveaways is how often you see "skill recharging" or how often players they're fighting are very clearly terrible. Mind you, really good players also have a tendency to make everyone else look bad anyway, so even that you have to take with a grain of salt. Like this vid from Sindrener is a perfect example. Frigging absurd how clean those fights are, and the Rev is extremely good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

I just agree with a lot of things you've said and know you're a good player. Even if I get annoyed by you because I hate fighting good Rangers, lol.

I have over 4k hours in Ranger myself, but I put the class down about a year ago because I just don't like it anymore. Being a part-time forum warrior, I used to come to the Ranger sub now and again, but I feel this is one of the worst echo-chambers on the forum. So it's nice when I stop by here sometimes and see some people talking sense.

Also about the last part, very true yes. 
I'm pretty bad, but just like you don't have to be a professional football player to be a coach, you don't have to be good to recognize skill. And there have been lots of players I've fought in-game that I was very disappointed by compared to their montages. 
I notice one of the biggest giveaways is how often you see "skill recharging" or how often players they're fighting are very clearly terrible. Mind you, really good players also have a tendency to make everyone else look bad anyway, so even that you have to take with a grain of salt. Like this vid from Sindrener is a perfect example. Frigging absurd how clean those fights are, and the Rev is extremely good.

I've never been one to devolve into personalities, because everyone thinks someone else is 'good'.  For instance, you have MRGA / Noody stuff on your channel and he's very controversial as well.  

And in the end, it's always going to boil down to 'oh they won because that other person was bad', which is just ludicrous.  

I'm happy I only see a few Druids here and there and many, many SB's as I love free bags.  

EDIT: Additionally, you have someone 'forum warrior'ing' you on your own vid ' 1v1 Zerk/Strength Necro' and then you admitting you 'play underpowered builds for fun'.  Which is again why I hate 'personality wars' as it's circular...that guy in your comments was offering to show you as he thought he was better, you decline as you have 6k hrs...we go on and on.   

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

I've never been one to devolve into personalities, because everyone thinks someone else is 'good'.  For instance, you have MRGA / Noody stuff on your channel and he's very controversial as well.  

And in the end, it's always going to boil down to 'oh they won because that other person was bad', which is just ludicrous.  

I'm happy I only see a few Druids here and there and many, many SB's as I love free bags.  

EDIT: Additionally, you have someone 'forum warrior'ing' you on your own vid ' 1v1 Zerk/Strength Necro' and then you admitting you 'play underpowered builds for fun'.  Which is again why I hate 'personality wars' as it's circular...that guy in your comments was offering to show you as he thought he was better, you decline as you have 6k hrs...we go on and on.   

I was specifically trying to avoid having personalities be any part of this, however you mentioned Vallun first. 

regardless, I’m not saying you can’t play druid or that it’s completely unviable especially for solo. It’s just that.. other than condi builds, anything power related, soulbeast does better than druid. And condi druid loses to soulbeast, technically speaking. If we assume equal skill ofc. 

soulbeast has too much access to immob cleanses, and cleanse in general. Druid really doesn’t deal much damage unless you can abuse ancient seeds. And soulbeast has access to a loootttt of condi dmg reduction, especially with the changes to retaliation. 

4 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

I was specifically trying to avoid having personalities be any part of this, however you mentioned Vallun first. 

regardless, I’m not saying you can’t play druid or that it’s completely unviable especially for solo. It’s just that.. other than condi builds, anything power related, soulbeast does better than druid. And condi druid loses to soulbeast, technically speaking. If we assume equal skill ofc. 

soulbeast has too much access to immob cleanses, and cleanse in general. Druid really doesn’t deal much damage unless you can abuse ancient seeds. And soulbeast has access to a loootttt of condi dmg reduction, especially with the changes to retaliation. 

I sorta had to bring personalities in to this because at this point we just have this stalemate of 'SLB is superior' without literally any video evidence for those claims.  Theoreticals are a whole lot different than practicals.

Outside that I don't watch anyone on YT or Twitch unless I'm looking up another opinion on a build...which is how I found out Vallun and a few others runs condi / immob Druid.  

We need practical / actual examples as well, because we did have a few month's back the 'can't kill the Druid' challenge where had a Druid build stalemate a SB build by just running around.  In an area with no LoS blocks and confined, all which are in SLB favor.  

Anyway, the topic IS titled 'Ranger Solo Roaming WvW Build' so if Druid isn't completely unviable 'especially solo' then I'm not sure why we continue the discussion really.  If I can agree (and have) that SLB is much better in a power setup then I'm not sure why others can't agree condi immob Druid is most likely the best roaming condi setup ranger has.