BLTC totally unusable

Heya! I've been having a lot of these issues this morning. I placed a Buy Order for a Grow Lamp which resulted in an error and didn't take my gold, so I was like "Okay, that's fine. It probably just didn't work."

It wasn't until I stepped away from the Trading Post and started buying some Thermocatalytic reagents that I noticed, at that moment, the gold had been taken from my wallet. It almost makes me wonder what would have happened if I had bought more Thermocatalytic Reagents. Would my gold value gone into the negatives? Would it have crashed the server for not being able to handle that? Would I have just walked away with a bunch of "free" Thermocatalytic Reagents as my gold reverted to 0 to avoid negatives? Logged out for an hour or so after that, expecting to wait until the Trading Post got patched up.

I logged in just now and thank goodness my buy order was generated, though. That was a pretty big scare, I'm not gonna lie!

NA as well.

If this is a thing where it's like "AWS will cost 10% more each month if we reset xyz every day instead of once a week", I would do it. That 10% greatly impacts being able to enjoy the game. When it's working, you take it for granted. When it's not, gameplay grinds to a halt, because you can't keep playing if you can't keep emptying your bags out. 

Seems it's started earlier this weekend than last and previous ones.

Same problem: "can't connect to login server", "list this item" button doesn't activate or else it's active but get the red ERROR dialog as soon as it's clicked.

And of course, as usual, character/account logins are working just fine.

Edited by Kraggy.4169

Thought it was me having internet connection errors again...Okay.  Yeah, I was trying to buy a few things on the Trading post and kept getting some really weird "Error 42" messages when I would actually try to make a purchase, but it wasn't kicking me out of the game...wasn't giving me the things I was trying to purchase, but it wasn't taking my money either.  So I have neither lost, nor gained anything, and some items were taking forever to load up on my screen and some items would pop up instantly.  I do hope that this gets fixed soon...I want to complete the Gourmet Training Achievement today...Well, on to other things I guess.  I could always farm the materials...I mean...180 platinum ore can't be THAT hard to find?

Can we have some reaction from officials? Like "we are aware of the problem and our engineers are resolving it". Because this is getting ridiculous, at least for a month BLTC is nearly unusable. And there should be enough funds from preorders to allocate enough computing capacity.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, firsttodie.5639 said:

I lost almost 50 gold trying to buy a stack of Unidentified Dyes... 

The gold is gone, the Dyes don't show on my Bought History... been 20 or so minutes since the gold left my wallet...

Just the idea of buying a stack of unidentified dyes is -50 gold anyways lmao

Edited by God.1906

15 hours ago, Shader.4910 said:

Can we have some reaction from officials? Like "we are aware of the problem and our engineers are resolving it". Because this is getting ridiculous, at least for a month BLTC is nearly unusable. And there should be enough funds from preorders to allocate enough computing capacity.

There's been total radio silence from ANet about several bugs in the last week, especially the several game-breaking bugs in the most recent Replay meta .. guess they don't think it's necessary to reply to players with problems any more.