Parallel Analysis Achievement

Tony.8659

2 hours ago, Bright Oblivion.2856 said:

I think they only added the achievement today, since they were already adding one for the post-LS3 conversation. It'll still be several weeks (until we've unlocked all the previous episodes in LS4) before we're actually able to unlock it.

Oh ok thanks, it wasn't clear it just seemed like we needed to do the dragonfall meta then talk to taimi/gorrik.  Ok cool we shall wait 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

This is the problem with this game...and Anet specifically. How does this NOT look like a bug. It says to check in with Taimi and Gorrick after completing the Meta-achievement  Return to Dragonfall - which doesn't exist yet. I mean, even if they explained this in a blog post, it needs to be specifically and clearly laid out within the freaking game! I thought this stupid thing had bugged out and the achievements weren't getting unlocked. 

Man, they need better design people.

• Confused 2

No it isn't spelled out. Not clearly. It should have read "after completing the meta-achievement Return to Dragonfall when that chapter is released".

The Fragment of Prismatic Light tooltip has a similar issue with ambiguity:

Unlocks your choice of an End of Dragons Legendary Precursor weapon. Redeemable in End of Dragons.
Once this item has been acquired, it can be safely sold or discarded.

This is unclear. There are two objects referenced in that paragraph. The Fragment and whatever precursor weapon you choose. So, when it says "Once this item has been acquired..." what is "this" referring to - the Fragment or the precursor? I would assume the precursor. There are people for whom this will be confusing. That last line should have read "Once the precursor has been acquired...".

As well, even though the Tier 3 reward is the backpack and the achievement says I've completed Tier 3/4 (but only 10/16 objectives - jesus this is confusing) - I didn't get the backpack. I would think the tier is a bug and I should have Tier 2/4 not 3/4.

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

This is unclear. There are two objects referenced in that paragraph. The Fragment and whatever precursor weapon you choose. So, when it says "Once this item has been acquired..." what is "this" referring to - the Fragment or the precursor? I would assume the precursor. There are people for whom this will be confusing. That last line should have read "Once the precursor has been acquired...".

A guild mate asked raised support ticket for clarification of that description, and the answer was that it is safe to sell Fragment of Prismatic Light itself  as soon as you obtain it - the mere fact of obtaining the item, raises a flag on your account that makes you eligible for single pruchase from an NPC that will come with EoD.

So the last line should NOT have read "Once the precursor...." as it would go agains intended meaning. Hence "once this item".

As for the rest of the premise - if you have followed any news related to the LWS rerun, you would have known that LWS4 is set to start rerunning tomorrow, and that so far each meta-achievement follows the "return to (map name)", hence it should not be a huge leap of logic to figure out that "Return to Dragonfall" is meta achi corresponding with LWS4E6, and therefore not released yet.

That being said, I believe that both that, and following achievement showing up in achievement tab was a slip, and we were not supposed to see them just yet.

3 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

A guild mate asked raised support ticket for clarification of that description, and the answer was that it is safe to sell Fragment of Prismatic Light itself  as soon as you obtain it - the mere fact of obtaining the item, raises a flag on your account that makes you eligible for single pruchase from an NPC that will come with EoD.

So the last line should NOT have read "Once the precursor...." as it would go agains intended meaning. Hence "once this item".

As for the rest of the premise - if you have followed any news related to the LWS rerun, you would have known that LWS4 is set to start rerunning tomorrow, and that so far each meta-achievement follows the "return to (map name)", hence it should not be a huge leap of logic to figure out that "Return to Dragonfall" is meta achi corresponding with LWS4E6, and therefore not released yet.

That being said, I believe that both that, and following achievement showing up in achievement tab was a slip, and we were not supposed to see them just yet.

So, to be clear, it should read "Once this Fragment has been acquired, you can safely sell or dispose of it as there is now a flag on your account...etc."

That's the problem - the achievement showing up muddies the waters. It wasn't clear to me originally until I researched the next chapter of this thing. Can you imagine someone whose first language is not ambiguous English?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, misterman.1530 said:

Can you imagine someone whose first language is not ambiguous English?

I can, of course I know such person, it's me! 😉

And I had no issue with correctly interpreting neither issue of the achievement nor description of fragment of prismatic light.

Here is a thing, whole problem fades away when you apply a little bit of logic to it - for example in case of fragment of prismatic light - if it was needed to be present in inventory to obtain precursor, it would be used as a token for thing....

And if it was a token for precursor straight out, why go over so many words, when they could just say "exchange this item for gen3 legendary precursor in EoD"? So the mere fact they went for so many words in that description implies on it's own that "this item" does not refer to precursor.

And then there is also that bit of common sense that 90% of the time when item description containts "this item" it means this item and not any other item named within that description.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

No it isn't spelled out. Not clearly. It should have read "after completing the meta-achievement Return to Dragonfall when that chapter is released".

It is clearly spelled out and those confused are missing the facts.

It's among other achievements directly tied to the Return to Living Story.

It clearly states that the player needs to complete the Return to Dragonfall meta achievement.

It follow the same behavior as the prerequisite achievement for completing the Return to Siren's Landing meta achievement.

Those who have done the achievements to this point should understand that the Return to Dragonfall meta achievement is not available.

Unlocks your choice of an End of Dragons Legendary Precursor weapon. Redeemable in End of Dragons.

There's also no issues with this as well.  It's a very large stretch to believe that they would be referencing the generation 3 precursors can be thrown away on an item completely separate from them.

As well, even though the Tier 3 reward is the backpack and the achievement says I've completed Tier 3/4 (but only 10/16 objectives - jesus this is confusing) - I didn't get the backpack. I would think the tier is a bug and I should have Tier 2/4 not 3/4.

It works no different from any other meta achievement in the game.  If you hover the mouse over the tier, it lists how many objectives need to be complete.  It's clearly showing which tier that you're currently on just like every other achievement in the game which has more than one tier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

ah wait I missed that one - no that's not how it works - "Tier 3/4 objectives 10/16" means you are currently working ON tier 3 (have tier 2 completed) and that Tier 3 requires 16 objectives to be completed, out of which you have 10 done. Also when you hover over that 10/16 it will show you full description of which tier requiress how many to complete.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

So, to be clear, it should read "Once this Fragment has been acquired, you can safely sell or dispose of it as there is now a flag on your account...etc."

That's the problem - the achievement showing up muddies the waters. It wasn't clear to me originally until I researched the next chapter of this thing. Can you imagine someone whose first language is not ambiguous English?

Are you the reason they have to type in safety instructions __Do not close car door while thumb is bettwen car and door__?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Are you the reason they have to type in safety instructions __Do not close car door while thumb is bettwen car and door__?

No. Used to text edit. I'm the guy who would ensure the words in the sentence you wrote were spelled correctly: "between" not "bettwen".

I hate ambiguous phrases. If you have to make an assumption about a sentence, it's ambiguous. If I wrote "The truck rode over the car. It was a total write-off." What was the total write-off - the car or the truck? You would assume the car, but the "it" is ambiguous. It doesn't explicitly refer to either object. Only by context can you infer "it" refers to the car. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

No. Used to text edit. I'm the guy who would ensure the words in the sentence you wrote were spelled correctly: "between" not "bettwen".

I hate ambiguous phrases. If you have to make an assumption about a sentence, it's ambiguous. If I wrote "The truck rode over the car. It was a total write-off." What was the total write-off - the car or the truck? You would assume the car, but the "it" is ambiguous. It doesn't explicitly refer to either object. Only by context can you infer "it" refers to the car. 

In that sentance it would be the truck since that is what you start talking about.

Im sure the car could be a total wrtie-off as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

In that sentance it would be the truck since that is what you start talking about.

Im sure the car could be a total wrtie-off as well.

Nope. It's ambiguous. That's the point. There are two objects (well, grammatically, one's the "subject" of the first sentence. But two physical objects referenced). If you can't see that, then that's the problem with the lack of clarity in the writing. Which was my original point.

• Confused 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, misterman.1530 said:

You really have to reach to find these things confusing. First the return to dragonfall was obvious because we just had return to 6 episodes but now you act as if the fragment or precursor is confusing? Like you need a precursor to craft so it obviously can't be that so it's fragment that it's referring to after you acquire the precursor. The tier thing sure maybe if you haven't played in a bit but the tier thing has been used alot since like Bjora Marches so you should be used to that. Being confused is ok. Acting like everyone is going to be confused and no one can use common sense and prior trends, information  and knowledge to figure stuff out not so much.

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jilora.9524 said:

You really have to reach to find these things confusing. First the return to dragonfall was obvious because we just had return to 6 episodes but now you act as if the fragment or precursor is confusing? Like you need a precursor to craft so it obviously can't be that so it's fragment that it's referring to after you acquire the precursor. The tier thing sure maybe if you haven't played in a bit but the tier thing has been used alot since like Bjora Marches so you should be used to that. Being confused is ok. Acting like everyone is going to be confused and no one can use common sense and prior trends, information  and knowledge to figure stuff out not so much.

Well, I'm just going by similar posts/questions on reddit. But apparently you CAN get rid of the Fragment now. It flags something on your account. So you can sell it or dispose of it now, not after you acquire the precursor. See, even you are confused. Odd that, huh?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, misterman.1530 said:

Well, I'm just going by similar posts/questions on reddit. But apparently you CAN get rid of the Fragment now. It flags something on your account. So you can sell it or dispose of it now, not after you acquire the precursor. See, even you are confused. Odd that, huh?

No not really. I read that but I would not trust support and personally would hoard that just in case. I edited to add that as if I didn't you would of bagged me for ambiguity so it was a lose lose situation for me. Plus I don't actually have the fragment to see for myself because I couldn't force myself to rerun story even for a legendary.

• Like 1

Just now, Jilora.9524 said:

No not really. I read that but I would not trust support and personally would hoard that just in case. I edited to add that as if I didn't you would of bagged me for ambiguity so it was a lose lose situation for me. Plus I don't actually have the fragment to see for myself because I couldn't force myself to rerun story even for a legendary.

Yeah. I don't trust support on this either. So, am keeping it until EOD drops.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...