Question on Legendary Runes & Sigils

Now that the legendary armory is out how many of each are needed for a full set?

Do you need 6 or 7 runes (one extra for underwater helm?)

Do you need 2, 4, 6, or 8 sigils? (for underwater as well)

I was thinking on going after them but I wanted to figure out how much work it was actually going to be before I started.

5 minutes ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Now that the legendary armory is out how many of each are needed for a full set?

I was thinking on going after them but I wanted to figure out how much work it was actually going to be before I started.

Well I would say you need 6-7, 7 if you wana have one for your rebreather. Sigils I would say 4 to have a full set, although, if you wana do water weapons it seems like it might take 4 more. Personally, I would argue that's a bug/issue if its the case, however, since you can never equip more then 2 weapons at a time. What I mean is, your load out shows water weapons and land weapons, but since you dont ever equip both sets at once I would suggest the same 4 runes "should" work on both sets, but I bet they do not. The rune could arguably work the same way with the armory but Im guessing not.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Legendary armory holds 8 leg sigil and 7 leg runes.  Technically, you need that many if you want a "complete" set.  It is obviously up to you when you feel like the set is "complete enough".  I stopped at 4 sigils, as I didn't value the underwater swapping as equal to the cost.  If you have legendary underwater weapons anyways, you can just pop out the regular sup sigils at your convenience. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 sigils and 7 runes are fine, IMO. I don’t need legendary, or even superior sigils for the few underwater contents, so I find it pointless to get legendary sigils for underwater weapons. Runes, on the other hand, require all 6 of the same runes for the bonus. Since the 6th bonus is pretty huge, I find it worth getting the 7th legendary rune, eventually.

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, Excursion.9752 said:

6 runes and 4 sigils are more than enough, there is no 'meaningful' underwater content as of date.  Maybe that will change. But I would not bother till then.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:11 PM, Excursion.9752 said:

6 Runes for the armor

1 Rune for the aquabreather (yes, can be used across builds and characters, as if the ascended breathers were legendary)

4 Sigils for your two land-based weapon sets (2 Sigils per set)

4 Sigils for your two aquatic weapons (2 Sigils per weapon)

That makes 7 Runes and 8 Sigils per account.

Edited by LadyEden.7519

Having all of them (7 runes, 8 sigils, all UW weapons), I'd recommend:

Get 6 runes first if you have no legendary armor.

Get 4 Sigils first if you have legendary armor but not all legendary weapons.

Get a 7th Rune for the aqua-breather.

Get the underwater legendarys over additional Sigils.

Get the final 4 Sigils if you feel like it.

Reasoning:

Start with runes if you do not have legendary armor. The convenience of having any rune set is higher than sigils. The cost is near identical between 6 runes and 4 sigils.

Start with sigils if you have the armor. This will allow for best pre full legendary customization on both armor and weapons. Armor will allow for free rune swapping, weapons can be ascended and free swap sigils.

The 7th rune is optional but nice to have to maintain the 6 piece bonus underwater.

Get the underwater legendary weapons over additional sigils. I've reequipped over 20 characters by now (all with multiple builds). Sometimes I don't even bother with the uw sigils and simply add the stats. The benefit of never having to bother with underwater weapons and having best in slot, even if not used a lot, feels great. Sigils for uw weapons only build on top of having the legendary weapons, they do not replace them.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1