I hope this doesn't become the new go-to tactic

raykor.6723

Having a thief or mesmer hiding in a keep after a failed assault is nothing new. Most of us know all the hiding spots. Unfortunately, someone seems to have found what I can only imagine is a terrain glitch because I sincerely doubt that after 9 years someone discovered a new spot. I don't want to elaborate because naturally that will entice some to repeat it; the details are left to the support ticket. I'm posting because while I can understand a few individuals that have no problem taking advantage of a newly discovered glitch, I'm a little surprised to see long established guilds and their leaders taking full advantage. To be perfectly clear, I can tell you from voice comm's they were very much aware of what they were doing. I play WvW for fun fights not shortcuts to PvE a lord for PPT. This game is what we make of it folks.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Soooo....You made a post to tell us you sent a report to support for something, somewhere, with someone that might have happened that only by your own assertion is wrong.

Yes, very helpful thread and I am sure a GREAT discussion about something, somewhere with someone will happen here.

🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I have seen every major NA guild exploit into keeps and SMC.  Not the, we failed and left someone inside "sneaky" like.  But, no one has been inside for 12+ hours, been uncontested for 30 minutes, and poof, they are on lord with no walls or gates taken down.  Constantly see mithril and diamond ranks walk through walls or instantly port back to their spawn, while downed in combat, because...well, because Anet won't do crap about it.

Sorry OP, nothing is going to happen about it.  There are tons of "glitches" that have been reported and not fixed, but there are infinitely more people just using third party programs to cheat.

• Thanks 5

On 8/5/2021 at 6:51 PM, Zikory.6871 said:

Haven't tried in a while but pretty sure you can still get into bay outer with a mount. Not sure about inner (though it was possible at one point). 

Sadly you could get into Bay (and I'm not referring to exploiting under the map) for years before the mount was ever introduced.  Like yourself I haven't seen it done in several years, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was still possible.

A big problem for "undetected theives" is how their portal works as opposed to mesmers

Their portal cooldown starts ticking after the preparation so they can leave the portal in a keep wait outside till last second..take it and drop another portal immediately. This is one way to stay in newly captured keeps "undetected"

• Like 3

you want more hardcore than that?

characters that can be completely invisible and undetected even using the War Claw Sniff but register as another damage source even if you're just hitting one NPC..

and can follow you around as you roam..

Edited by alcopaul.2156

Anet shouldn't have given thieves portal skill. They going to abuse this as an excuse that they are doing it the legitimate way.

Fine, they can use it in PvE, Raiding whatever. Just disable the skill for WvW and SPVP.

Edited by Sanchez.4017
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 11:34 AM, foxof.8752 said:

stealth is the main problem, DELETE all stealth skills.

Also, delete stability. Actually, just delete all boons. Let’s just have naked characters hitting each other with starter weapons because game mechanics are hard.