Is there any way for characters to track different achievements?

I have a character for each profession, and I try to use them in different areas of the game, like one in WvW and one in Living World, etc. But I keep having issues tracking achievements related to their areas. I'll set up a bunch of living world achievements to track, and then log into my WvW character, and will have to untrack all the Living World achievements and start tracking WvW-related achievements. If I'm bouncing between 9 characters, this can get really frustrating.

Is there any way for me to set achievements to be tracked by a single character, and for those achievements to not show up on all my other characters?

I don't think this is possible, I've never seen any option to have separate lists per character.

Unless Anet add that option (which would take some time even if they started right now) all I can think of to make it less frustrating is to only track the achievements you're working on right now - for example only ones for the Living World map you're in right now and intend to actively work on. It doesn't stop you haven't to swap them around but it means there will be less to swap in and out, especially since completed achievements are removed from the list automatically.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Fun fact., I have noted that some areas in the UI, like achievements, will retain settings for the last account that logged in on your PC. 

this game is a marvel. 

Do you mean the tracked achievements? Or some other aspect of achievement settings?

Because I have 2 accounts and I'll log into them one after the other, one has no achievements tracked so the list on the right side of the screen always shows the current dailies and the other is tracking some achievements (2 currently) to hide the dailies and remind me to do them and I've never had a day when that changed so both were the same.

There's quite a few other settings which are different between the two (keybindings, shown/hidden UI, one has the content guide on etc.) and I've never noticed those being copied over either. I think some of the graphics settings are universal, like whether you're in windowed or full screen mode, but that's all.