Need help on flying the griffon

i want to be able to fly the griffon like in this video   (14) "But griffon can't fly" - YouTube however i have one major set back. i am only able to use one hand. so i am on able to use the mouse and key board at the same time. so i was hoping someone would have an idea how to fly it like that just using a keyboard. thank you to anyone that trys to help

Edited by trunks.5249

Hmm, I am thinking keybinds.

Maybe only use mouse, get a mouse with some extra keys and bind the needed skills to that mouse.

Small question though, Able to use one hand can mean a lot.

Are you missing a hand, or cannot really put stress on one hand?

I ask this, because I have problems with my hands as well, and to overcome this limitation I use Mouse Steering, in combination with keyboard inputs.

We have this option that we can click and hold with a mouse button to move around, to steer.

To prevent me having to hold a mouse button down while steering, I set up a single key to simulate a click and hold. This way I can steer without having to keep a button down.

Then the other hand uses the keyboard for the mount skills.

In theory I can set the mouse on the floor, click and hold, and steer with a foot if I wanted to.

I can really recommend looking around for a device that can help you out.

My solution might not work for you, but there are also mouses out there that have tons of extra buttons, allowing you to bind all needed controls to a mouse while steering with a mouse.

Just a few ideas, hope this helps you forward. 

Don't give up.

Ps: I favor the mouse over the keyboard because you can replace part of the wasd keys with moving the mouse to steer, leaving a bit more options open for the mount skills (and less buttons to press during flying)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Hmm, I am thinking keybinds.

Maybe only use mouse, get a mouse with some extra keys and bind the needed skills to that mouse.

Small question though, Able to use one hand can mean a lot.

Are you missing a hand, or cannot really put stress on one hand?

I ask this, because I have problems with my hands as well, and to overcome this limitation I use Mouse Steering, in combination with keyboard inputs.

We have this option that we can click and hold with a mouse button to move around, to steer.

To prevent me having to hold a mouse button down while steering, I set up a single key to simulate a click and hold. This way I can steer without having to keep a button down.

Then the other hand uses the keyboard for the mount skills.

In theory I can set the mouse on the floor, click and hold, and steer with a foot if I wanted to.

I can really recommend looking around for a device that can help you out.

My solution might not work for you, but there are also mouses out there that have tons of extra buttons, allowing you to bind all needed controls to a mouse while steering with a mouse.

Just a few ideas, hope this helps you forward. 

Don't give up.

Ps: I favor the mouse over the keyboard because you can replace part of the wasd keys with moving the mouse to steer, leaving a bit more options open for the mount skills (and less buttons to press during flying)

i had a Prenatal stroke 44 years ago

• Sad 2

Bought Razer Nostromo Gaming Keypad some years ago and it's amazing for single-handed gaming once you get used to it. Razer has also more recent one called Tartarus which costs more but has 32 keys instead of 16. But because it's bigger it's not very comfy for small/normal sizes hands. I have small hands and can use the Nostromo with ease.

Flying like that only needs a few controls, so it is possible to do it with one hand but doing it with the keyboard might be difficult because to stay airborne like that you need to be moving quickly and keyboard turning is slow, so you might have a very wide turning circle, which will limit your manoeuvrability.

You also need the 3rd griffon mastery unlocked so you can use the wing flat while diving.

The actual process is relatively simple, but takes practice to get it right. You need to start off somewhere high up, launch your griffon with the jump key, then when you're clear of the platform you started on press the dive key. While they're going straight down you briefly release dive, press the jump button to flap and then release it and dive again briefly, then release the dive key and you'll be flying straight and very fast. If you're able to do all that in quick succession you don't need much height (it's the dive + flap + dive combo which gives you speed, not the time spend diving) but when practicing it's a good idea to give yourself plenty of room so you don't hit the ground before you've completed the sequence.

Once you've done that correctly your griffon will be zooming along at high speed with wind effects around it as shown in that video and will lose very little height compared to it's normal flight. As long as you're still moving quickly you can use the climb skill to regain the height you lost diving (and if you're going fast enough you can actually climb higher than you started) and that can be used for another dive.

If you've got the space/right terrain under you and you time it right you can probably keep flying indefinitely by doing that, but you need to avoid hitting the ground or obstacles and that's where turning comes in. The easiest way to turn when flying like that is to turn on Action Camera mode so you just have to move the mouse to either side (how much you need to move it depends on your mouse sensitivity) which means it doesn't need any extra buttons, but of course it does need a hand on the mouse.

By my count that requires 1 button to mount the griffon, 3 for the skills required (jump, dive, climb) and 2 for turning left and right, and at most you need to use 2 at a time (dive and jump) so I think it would be possible to do it all with one hand if you put them close together. I agree with everyone else that the best way to do it would be with a mouse with extra buttons so you can use mouse turning and then those buttons for jump, dive and climb, but as long as you allow for the bigger turning circle and the limited view from not being able to angle the camera I think it could work with the keyboard as well.

It will take practice to get it right though. I recommend the north west corner of Desert Highlands, up on top of the buildings above the dwarven ruins as a good starting point. Or when the Festival of Four Winds starts Labyrinthine Cliffs - if you can get up onto the air ship or the platforms around it you've got a lot of height and a lot of open air under you. (It's probably not a coincidence that both have griffon races, which use these skills.)