When are the anniversary sales?

33 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I dont think thats it, the anniversary sale is a different bunch of stuff each day, and it runs most of the month.

Are you sure? Last year the sales did start on each weekday and ran for a few days to a week each. And, as noted above, the wiki does have it listed now. If the pattern holds, a new sale will start Monday.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

According to the Wiki, this is indeed the first batch of Anniversary sale items: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store/Anniversary_Sales

Funny.  That wasn't there a couple of hours ago.

Do remember:  the Wiki is only updated/edited by players like you and me;  that could just be a guess. 

Also, ArenaNet announces the Anniversary Sales.

Here's last year's announcement:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/spark-and-shiver-with-the-dark-storm-chest/

(Scroll down a bit to see the announcement.)

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Do remember:  the Wiki is only updated/edited by players like you and me;  that could just be a guess. 

Can't be.  Wiki says that it is a self-modifying sapient entity.

edit: I tried linking the page, but I can't find it anymore.....

As far as anniversary, I'm sure it'll be soon-ish.  Still the beginning of the month, but I feel ya.  I can't wait for some things to go on sale.

Edited by Rogue.8235
  • Confused 1

The tweet that was quoted earlier in the thread literally says that the August sales have begun. Why don't you think that refers to the sale we get every August? Now you may be underwhelmed by the opening offer of 25% off some outfits, but they always save the good stuff until everyone has had a chance to expend their gem caches :)

7 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Well maybe they will have something called the anniversary sale at the end of the month to mark the actual anniversary and the August sales will run until then. But really, what's the distinction?

It's like that store that ran a going out of business sale for 30 years before it finally closed...it's just a matter of perspective. 😉

• Haha 1

Did you read the tweet in the post before yours? The August sales have started. The first offer runs until August 12th. Of course they may add more offers at any point, but I won't be surprised if the next batch doesn't appear until Thursday.

One of the issues of changing the offers too frequently is that players who can't login every day risk missing out on something they have been waiting for.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Palm Tiger.8275 said:

Based on the facts that it is already Tuesday and still no next sale has started, it seems like the Anniversary Sale still needs to start. Lets hope with tonights patch/update.

It wasn't Tuesday in the USA when you posted this.

Anet is based in Seattle, on the west coast of the USA, so they're behind most of the world. It's currently 3:30am there, so I expect any announcements today will happen in about 5-6 hours time when their work day begins, and Tuesday is when they usually start/announce new things (because it gives them Monday to check everything is ready and fix any problems).

But yeah, apparently they are having a sale already. They haven't called it an anniversary sale, but it's stuff being discounted in August so it's basically the same thing. (Although these days there always seems to be something on the gem store which is discounted, so I feel like having a designated sale period is getting a bit meaningless.)

5 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It wasn't Tuesday in the USA when you posted this.

Anet is based in Seattle, on the west coast of the USA, so they're behind most of the world. It's currently 3:30am there, so I expect any announcements today will happen in about 5-6 hours time when their work day begins, and Tuesday is when they usually start/announce new things (because it gives them Monday to check everything is ready and fix any problems).

But yeah, apparently they are having a sale already. They haven't called it an anniversary sale, but it's stuff being discounted in August so it's basically the same thing. (Although these days there always seems to be something on the gem store which is discounted, so I feel like having a designated sale period is getting a bit meaningless.)

Correct me if im wrong but isnt the anniversary sale the only time they discount the major things though?

Bag slots, bank slots, etc?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1