"New" system of recycle

Hey guys, 

I'm coming back from a looong stop (pre Heart). I begin to understand the changes in the game but it still remains a mystery for me about recycle. In my time, you could obtain runes from recycle any armor wich contains one. If i understand well the 2018's update, you can now recycle runes itself for specials materials buy you cannot have them from recycle armors anymore (unless you use the lion kit). 

In that case, how you obtain them : craft and dungeon token only ? And what upgrades can you recycle with basic kit, wich still have a pourcentage to recycle upgrades ? Only gems ? 

Thanks in advance ! 

1 hour ago, Mphokie.8379 said:

Thanks for answers. 

If i get it right, i cannot transfer a rune without buy an item in cash shop ? And so, what the point of the pourcentage of extract upgrade on classic recycle kit ? 

Pointless. Another holdover from long ago, e.g., mystic forging a T5 stack for 10 pieces of T6.

Never craft a rune. Buy from the tp, unless they're account bound.

4 hours ago, Mphokie.8379 said:

Thanks for answers. 

If i get it right, i cannot transfer a rune without buy an item in cash shop ? And so, what the point of the pourcentage of extract upgrade on classic recycle kit ? 

That is not a extract % read again its to salvage the rune in said armor and get materials to craft other runes/sigils.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

For the dungeon runes that are account bound you use upgrade extractor item or black lion salvage kits.

This is how I've done it.

Black Lion Salvage Kit is possible to by with gems, but with a little patience you'll also get it from chest, loot or some other reward during the game.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

That is not a extract % read again its to salvage the rune in said armor and get materials to craft other runes/sigils.

Thanks you, exactly what i was looking for. The description of the salvage kits is a bit ambiguous but i checked the old versions of the wiki after reading your message and yes, it went from " Has a small chance of recovering upgrades from items" to "chance of salvaging upgrades"

My confusion comes from the fact i play in french , my native language, and the description hasn't changed since, talking about "obtain component upgrade" in pre and post 2018' update. 

Anyway, thank you all for the multiples, and fast, answers ! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

Pointless. Another holdover from long ago, e.g., mystic forging a T5 stack for 10 pieces of T6.

Never craft a rune. Buy from the tp, unless they're account bound.

1. depending on value of T5 or T6 during the day, there is still 25-35 silver per spirit shard to be made in converting T5 to T6 materials (at the time of this writing, it is on average of value to convert Scales, Totems, Bones and Fangs with over 30s per spirit shard profit)

2. crafting runes can be cheaper than buying them, it depends on the rune/sigil (for example: at the time of this writing, it is vastly cheaper to craft Superior Sigil of Torment or Super Rune of Tormenting versus buying them). Also the current market drop due to the addition of legendary gear will not persist indefinitely, which will return desired runes back to crafting cost or above eventually.

You really should not be giving advice unless you are 100% sure you know what you are talking about. In case any of this is unclear, gw2efficiency has information on all of these things and easily provides data based on current market values.

@TC

The Rune/Sigil system was changed in that you now have a chance to salvage materials from runes (unless using a Black Lion Salvage Kit). Parallel to this change, a great amount of rune/sigil recipes were added to allow crafting of previously salvaged rune/sigil. 

Rune/Sigil upgrades which were previously acquired not from drops (say dungeons, WvW, crafting), have retained their acquisition method without an additional recipe added (aka you still have to get those runes/sigils via those methods (like Monk Runes for support builds from Ascalon dungeon or reward track).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

1. depending on value of T5 or T6 during the day, there is still 25-35 silver per spirit shard to be made in converting T5 to T6 materials (at the time of this writing, it is on average of value to convert Scales, Totems, Bones and Fangs with over 30s per spirit shard profit)

2. crafting runes can be cheaper than buying them, it depends on the rune/sigil (for example: at the time of this writing, it is vastly cheaper to craft Superior Sigil of Torment or Super Rune of Tormenting versus buying them). Also the current market drop due to the addition of legendary gear will not persist indefinitely, which will return desired runes back to crafting cost or above eventually.

You really should not be giving advice unless you are 100% sure you know what you are talking about. In case any of this is unclear, gw2efficiency has information on all of these things and easily provides data based on current market values.

@TC

The Rune/Sigil system was changed in that you now have a chance to salvage materials from runes (unless using a Black Lion Salvage Kit). Parallel to this change, a great amount of rune/sigil recipes were added to allow crafting of previously salvaged rune/sigil. 

Rune/Sigil upgrades which were previously acquired not from drops (say dungeons, WvW, crafting), have retained their acquisition method without an additional recipe added (aka you still have to get those runes/sigils via those methods (like Monk Runes for support builds from Ascalon dungeon or reward track).

You...are aware of how buy orders work, right? As in, you don't just purchase sell orders, or +1c the highest buy order.

Based on average prices, it's not economical.

On 8/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, Mphokie.8379 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm coming back from a looong stop (pre Heart). I begin to understand the changes in the game but it still remains a mystery for me about recycle. In my time, you could obtain runes from recycle any armor wich contains one. If i understand well the 2018's update, you can now recycle runes itself for specials materials

The new materials that can be salvages from upgrades these days are only of use to you if you intend on crafting Legendary Runes and Sigils. Those are quite expensive, like all legendary gear.

Your account can hold up to 7 Legendary Runes and 8 Legendary Sigils, which are accessible across all characters, like all legendary gear.

When you use the Runecrafter's Salvage-o-Matic salvage tool, you might get a few more of the expensive crafting materials out of the gear/upgrade you salvage, but the cost does not warrant the effort in my personal opinion.

You will find all the info here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runecrafter's_Salvage-o-Matic

On 8/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, Mphokie.8379 said:

buy you cannot have them from recycle armors anymore (unless you use the lion kit).

Everything still works the same way as before, unless you mean that the upgrades (runes and sigils) themselves can no longer be extracted by normal means. Well, that is true, but no one really has use of any upgrades these days that are below exotic.

Edited by LadyEden.7519

5 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

You...are aware of how buy orders work, right? As in, you don't just purchase sell orders, or +1c the highest buy order.

Based on average prices, it's not economical.

Sure I know how buy and sell orders work. All of the following prices are buy order based.

At the time of this writing the cost of converting T5 Large Scale into T6 Armored Scale is as follows:

50 x 87c = 43.50s (the Large Scale component)

13.11s x 5 = 65.55s (the 5 Crystalline Dust)

5 Philosopher's Stone

We can omit the 1 Armored scale required by simply calculating a reduced average yield of 6 instead of 7. Which results in:

25s.22c x 6 (average yield of Armored Scale).

Net result:

109s05c + 5Philosopher's Stone cost

151.32s yield

That is without selling the Armored Scale as sell order. The return is still 8.45s per spirit shard.

You were saying?

In case of crafting a legendary, this amounts to 250/6 ~ 42 conversions. Thus 17.6 gold gained while spending 210 Spirit Shards. Now do that for all of the 4 currently worthwhile conversions and you are close to 100 gold gained in Spirit Shard conversion (which most players have tons of sitting in their wallet).

This is without actually tracking the market, setting up buy orders at minimums or selling the T6 materials at maximums for profit, etc.

EDIT:

and I even made a mistake in calculating since 1 philosopher stone is not 1 skill point. It's 10 for 1. As such the yield per skill point is in fact far higher than what I calculated up top.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1