Instant 80 ticket question

I understand that instant 80 tickets were disabled?? 

I'm thinking of getting the EoD prep pack which has an instant 80 ticket. I don't have a free shared inventory slot. How will this work? Through mail, but I can't use it until I free up shared slot? 

3 hours ago, Goettel.4389 said:

Note that you can only clear the extra slot by using the 80 boost - which you can also do on a lv80 character, which gets you the extras you get by boosting a lv1.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost_Package

Thank you for posting that. I am still early to my characters and do not want to jump straight to level 80 at all. I was seeing the expansion with the unlock as something I could stick in the bank because I've never used one in an MMO where I've had them. Learning it would gum up that shared slot until I get one of my current characters, and so ruin the thing I actually want, helps me not waste money.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Towatha.4671 said:

Thanks for the responses. I've decided not to get it since I need to free up a shared slot to use it.

You do not need to have a free slot for the lvl 80 boost because it comes in it's own extra shared inventory slot even if you are maxxed out on them. You get the new shared slot open after you use the boost so it works exactly like the boosts that came with the other expansions.

Edit: as Inculpatus cedo pointed out below the boost doesn't come with a free shared slot. I was mixing it up with the expansion lvl 80 boost. Sorry.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
My mistake
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

You do not need to have a free slot for the lvl 80 boost because it comes in it's own extra shared inventory slot even if you are maxxed out on them. You get the new shared slot open after you use the boost so it works exactly like the boosts that came with the other expansions.

Not true for the End of Dragons Preparation Package, which is what the OP is referencing.  He/she would need an empty Shared Inventory Slot for the Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/End_of_Dragons_Preparation_Pack

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not true for the End of Dragons Preparation Package, which is what the OP is referencing.  He/she would need an empty Shared Inventory Slot for the Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/End_of_Dragons_Preparation_Pack

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

Ah, I see. My mistake.

I really shouldn't respond when tired.

I made the same mistake, I forgot the preparation pack exists.

But if you're planning on using the boost from the pack then I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. Move something out of a shared slot, buy the pack, make a new character and boost them to 80 then put the original item back in the space. I don't know what other people keep in their shared inventory slots but I assume there's something you wouldn't need to use while creating a new character which could sit in the bank for a while. (I can't even remember what's in all my shared slots, but I'm sure there's something.)

If you're not planning on using the boost right away it's a bit more of a problem but if I was in that situation I think I'd just use it on a level 80 to get it out the way and get the items, then level a character with tomes when I wanted to.

The EoD Prep Pack gives a Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket.  The wiki says "The Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket must be placed into a Shared Inventory Slot in order to be used."  That seems to imply that it doesn't have to be in a shared inventory slot until you want to use it.  Is that correct or does it actually have to always be in a shared inventory slot?  Just looking to clarify.

2 hours ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

The EoD Prep Pack gives a Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket.  The wiki says "The Black Lion Instant Level 80 Ticket must be placed into a Shared Inventory Slot in order to be used."  That seems to imply that it doesn't have to be in a shared inventory slot until you want to use it.  Is that correct or does it actually have to always be in a shared inventory slot?  Just looking to clarify.

It does have to be in a Shared Inventory Slot, and can not be moved until consumed.

It does not come with a Shared Inventory Slot.

2 hours ago, Lexx.7532 said:

Here is screenshots i just made in-game. 1st shows message (not a dialog, i lied) saying that "cannot move to inventory". 2nd shows a dialog when you use the boost.

https://imgur.com/a/n0aBZtS

That's the level 80 boost item: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Boost

Not the Level 80 Ticket: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Instant_Level_80_Ticket

The EoD Prep Pack gives the ticket.  Using the ticket gives the Level 80 Boost item.  Then you use that to boost a char to level 80.  Do both have to be in shared inventory?  The wiki for the ticket says it has to be **placed** in shared inventory to use.  Is that correct or is the wiki page poorly worded?  You can't place it in shared inventory if you can't take it out of shared inventory.

So if you already had a level 80 boost and you buy the EoD Prep Pack you'd get the ticket.  You'd then have a boost item in one shared inventory slot and the ticket in another shared inventory slot?  Or is the ticket automatically consumed on acquire and gives the boost item?

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It does have to be in a Shared Inventory Slot, and can not be moved until consumed.

So do you get the actual ticket item or does it get auto-consumed and you actually get the boost item added to a shared inventory slot.

The tickets can be placed in your bank.  Source:  I have two of them in my bank.  One I don't recall how I got as it's been there a while, but the second came with the EoD Prep Pack and I added it (they stack).  I also have the EoD pre order 80 boost and that one is taking up a shared slot and cannot be removed.  I am 99% sure it added a slot to stick the boost in, too.  Since I had a perm kit in my last slot and the boost is in a slot to the right of that.  I have 25 slots total at this point.

Anyway, the EoD Prep Pack is a tremendous value if you want most of what's in it, as it's over 6K gems if bought individually and just 3K gems as a bundle.  That ticket will take up an inventory slot in bank or on a character until you have a shared slot to hold the boost from it, but heck, you get a character slot with the bundle, you could make a mule to hold some things until you want to use them later.

I'm not pushing you to spend the money if you don't want to, but if the only factor stopping you is misunderstanding how the 80 ticket works, I hope the above has helped clarify things so you can make an informed decision.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

OMG! I have been hacked! Someone did go into my account and hacked it so I got an extra Shared Inventory Slot! Than someone places the instant 80 ticket in it. How could someone be so evil and do something disgusting? Why oh why do I now have an extra shared inventory slot, after I did use the instant 80 boost? What evil think will the hacker further do? Give me an extra character slot, when I order the deluxed version? How cruel is that?

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

OMG! I have been hacked! Someone did go into my account and hacked it so I got an extra Shared Inventory Slot! Than someone places the instant 80 ticket in it. How could someone be so evil and do something disgusting? Why oh why do I now have an extra shared inventory slot, after I did use the instant 80 boost? What evil think will the hacker further do? Give me an extra character slot, when I order the deluxed version? How cruel is that?

Whut?

11 minutes ago, Towatha.4671 said:

Thanks, so £52 for standard HoT+PoF and standard EoD. includes 2 max level boosts and 2 shared inventory slots.

or

£44 EoD standard collection with only 1 max boost and 1 shared inventory slot.

Wonder which I'll pick.

Keep in mind if you already own PoF and you buy that collection for all 3 expansions you are just going to end up with a key you can't use on your current account.   You would only be able to use it to upgrade a core only account or for a new account.    At least I'm pretty sure that is how it works.

• Like 1