Necro Elite Spec: The Harbinger

Xanhawk.3806

Necro down,  looks pretty sick.  Uses the eye in the flask like some predicted.  Was not expecting an info drop this early in my day.

"Some Necromancers have always been separated from corruption by a thin edge.  Absorbing Life Energy to fuel their magic, but a Harbinger's methods are even more volatile.  These skilled alchemists have developed elixirs to inflict blight on themselves, converting their own pain into power.  In Harbinger's Shroud, they gain devastating abilities while suffering from blight. A Harbinger makes no clean kills. Wielding a pistol to devastate their enemies with noxious, corrosive bullets."

I am not able to watch so I am going to link to posts with notes about Harbinger until I can do a proper write up.

Edited by Xanhawk.3806
Added in new info
  • Like 10
  • Confused 1

I'm guessing Harbinger Shroud will get a rework/rename 😛

Looks cool though. Was a bit worried about the Pistol, but seems very much so high magic. Got some mobility in there too.

Seems to get Float on land, maybe replacing Shroud Fear. Stun on Pistol. Boons on Elixiers? Some sort of Blight self effect/trade off, maybe even Life costs/drain with no Life Force? Looking forward to testing it.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I hope this is a shroud that drains HP instead of being a second health bar.

That said it, definitely sucks that Necromancers get the elite specialization that many Engineers asked for.

Necromancers not getting the bullet icon also sucks, because this means there is going another pistol (or rifle) specialization.

I just hope it's neither Warrior or Elementalist. They need something better than that.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

Looks like a more mobile/DPS oriented necro, which is great to see and definitely compliments the existing kit of necro elites.  Shroud could possibly come at the expense of health if used for too long, similar to holo mode and that could be a good way too offset the mobility defense and DPS boost that Necro typically doesn't have since they can tank through damage with shroud instead.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I hope this is a shroud that drains HP instead of being a second health bar.

Posted something similar right after you.  😆

At least one shroud ability granting barrier on a decent cooldown (significantly longer than scourge) may still be good to see though since it could at least handle some degree of incoming burst without just being straight up tanky like other elite specs.

• Like 1

It looks amazing. I wasn't expecting we'd get mobility on shroud, which sounds nice. The elixirs could be cool as well, specially if some of them can be thrown rather than simply consumed (or maybe all of them could be thrown if used while in Harbinger Shroud). Can't wait to see its traits!

we get 8 triagram palm elite?: (11) Naruto | Eight Trigrams 32/64/128 Palms Moments - YouTube

maybe more like hinata 😄

jokes aside. animation look cool.
only the jump through the air isnt to my liking, but im asura necro anyways.

theres one thing that bugs me a bit but has insane potential:

"...These skilled alchemists have developed elixirs to inflict blight on themselves, converting their own pain into power.  In Harbinger's Shroud, they gain devastating abilities while suffering from blight...Wielding a pistol to devastate their enemies with noxious, corrosive bullets..."

im reading this like:
- elixirs

- self inflicted conditions/dmg

- get boons/healing from that

- pistol = condi weapon

Edited by Nimon.7840

15 minutes ago, Wintermute.5408 said:

Looks like another melee shroud. The third one -_-

I'm a bit dissappoint. Still looks cool though.

Looks pretty mobile though. There is a leap and what looks like an evade backwards. You could always flash into shroud, use the backwards evade, about face, use the leap away (assuming it is ground targeted mind you), pop out of shroud and keep pew pewing with pistol.

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Looks pretty mobile though. There is a leap and what looks like an evade backwards. You could always flash into shroud, use the backwards evade, about face, use the leap away (assuming it is ground targeted mind you), pop out of shroud and keep pew pewing with pistol.

True. And it looks like an actual unarmed combat in shroud unlike the lame-kitten vanilla. So bonus points there.

My initial reaction is that this will be a pvp spec. Seems mobile and looks to have a float. I just hope the pistol has some skills that do multiple conditions while having a decent power attack.

I play necro a lot of WvW so the thought of using a float on a zerg makes me chuckle. I am going to guess it is going to be the elite utility skill with a long cool down. It will be nice to bring something only two other classes can do right now.

Wow, I really like what I see, and it almost sounds like it's exactly giving that what I've been asking for, for a long time now.

It almost looks like a more mobileglassypure cDPS spec with some self-inflicting/punishing mechanism. In other words, not the easiest to play class anymore, but in the right hands absolutely devastating. 

The only thing I don't get is that it looks like a condi dps spec. Scourge is finally setting some good condi benchmarks now, could it receive the nerf-hammer?