Post-rewards Legendary Weapons

So its taken me some to suddenly realise this, and I would be keen to know if anyone else felt the same.

I have two Legendary weapons, The Bifrost and Kudzu and I crafted them 'the old way' by gathering & earning enough resources/buying from Trading Post - before the new Collection system was announced/released and before Legendary Armoury. I liked the idea when Gen:2 Legendary weapons were released, to have collections to 'find out more' lore behind the weapons and to do things in stages instead of waiting on the RNG-Gods to bless you with a Precursor weapon drop.

But, even though I have unlocked the above named Legendary Weapons, I haven't automatically completed the Collection(s) associated with them. Now, I understand to some respect, because its new content that me or other players could enjoy and as mentioned, learn more about the lore behind the weapons / find new fun ways to earn Legendary Weapons....BUT this means I have to repeat Bifrost and Kudzu even though I already have them.

I know there will likely be some players out there constantly working on Legendary Weapons to sell on Trading Post for profits, or others who would not mind 'repeating the process' just to learn more about the weapon(s) - so I guess none of this matters to them.

All I know, is that it took me AGES to craft The Bifrost and Kudzu and it comes bittersweet to know the Achievements Panel doesn't acknowledge that effort. Like I was thinking, maybe have descriptors over sections in the Collection, so that new and old players who have unlocked/completed the weapons already, only have to read the lore to 'catch-up' what was missed? I don't know.

And I don't know / haven't heard what the other Collections give, but I heard Kudzu gives access to a 'Hidden Garden' at the jumping puzzle in Mount Maelstrom - which I can't use, because I didn't craft Kudzu the new Gen:2+ way.

But maybe I'm alone? I understand there had to be drivers towards new content, new ways to craft Legendary weapons I get that. I just personally, don't have the time to craft multiple of the same Legendary Weapons I already unlocked - so like, it kinda bites to me. I also guess if only Kudzu had a 'special unlock', it wouldn't be so bad - but I am obviously biased as I unlocked Kudzu. To me its a little frustrating and annoying that I spent all that time and resources and I still missed out on Achievement Points towards it and / the 'Hidden Garden' unlock, to which I can only obtain now by essentially repeating the process.

So anyway, I guess this post is a Suggestion - to see if post-rewards are possible in some way? 

I don't know how Anet would be able to differentiate though between those who actually crafted the old way, or who bought direct from Trading Post - and whether there should be a distinction of auto-unlocks? But I think that would probably be a separate thread on time spent/gold-paid debate where everyone plays and earns things however they want.

Ideally I don't want to get into the latter. I just wanna suggest post-rewards (for me and anyone else who might've felt the same! :p)

Edited by Ecobahn.4367
Spelling/grammar

10 minutes ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

So its taken me some to suddenly realise this, and I would be keen to know if anyone else felt the same.

I have two Legendary weapons, The Bifrost and Kudzu and I crafted them 'the old way' by gathering & earning enough resources/buying from Trading Post - before the new Collection system was announced/released and before Legendary Armoury. I liked the idea when Gen:2 Legendary weapons were released, to have collections to 'find out more' lore behind the weapons and to do things in stages instead of waiting on the RNG-Gods to bless you with a Precursor weapon drop.

But, even though I have unlocked the above named Legendary Weapons, I haven't automatically completed the Collection(s) associated with them. Now, I understand to some respect, because its new content that me or other players could enjoy and as mentioned, learn more about the lore behind the weapons / find new fun ways to earn Legendary Weapons....BUT this means I have to repeat Bifrost and Kudzu even though I already have them.

I know there will likely be some players out there constantly working on Legendary Weapons to sell on Trading Post for profits, or others who would not mind 'repeating the process' just to learn more about the weapon(s) - so I guess none of this matters to them.

All I know, is that it took me AGES to craft The Bifrost and Kudzu and it comes bittersweet to know the Achievements Panel doesn't acknowledge that effort. Like I was thinking, maybe have descriptors over sections in the Collection, so that new and old players who have unlocked/completed the weapons already, only have to read the lore to 'catch-up' what was missed? I don't know.

And I don't know / haven't heard what the other Collections give, but I heard Kudzu gives access to a 'Hidden Garden' at the jumping puzzle in Mount Maelstrom - which I can't use, because I didn't craft Kudzu the new Gen:2+ way.

But maybe I'm alone? I understand there had to be drivers towards new content, new ways to craft Legendary weapons I get that. I just personally, don't have the time to craft multiple of the same Legendary Weapons I already unlocked - so like, it kinda bites to me. I also guess if only Kudzu had a 'special unlock', it wouldn't be so bad - but I am obviously biased as I unlocked Kudzu. To me its a little frustrating and annoying that I spent all that time and resources and I still missed out on Achievement Points towards it or even an unlock and that I have to essentially repeat the process.

So anyway, I guess this post is a Suggestion - to see if post-rewards are possible in some way? 

I don't know how Anet would be able to differentiate though between those who actually crafted the old way, or who bought direct from Trading Post - and whether there should be a distinction of auto-unlocks? But I think that would probably be a separate thread on time spent/gold-paid debate where everyone plays and earns things however they want.

Ideally I don't want to get into the latter. I just wanna suggest post-rewards (for me and anyone else who might've felt the same! :p)

Do it all again for the achievements. Go experience the lore and adventure. Sell the new Legendary on the TP afterwards.

Edit: I did the collection for Dusk and crafted Twilight for my first legendary. Loved the adventure. I did not do that for my pair of Frostfangs of my Predator. Did those the old school way.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
Storytime.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Do it all again for the achievements. Go experience the lore and adventure. Sell the new Legendary on the TP afterwards.

Did they change something I might have missed? Because up until recently, you could do each Gen1 legendary journey only once.

At OP again.

It is a long journey, but since you have the legendaries already, then there is no rush now is there?

There is a lot of lore and adventure to it, experience it at your own pace. FWIW you don't even have to actually craft the legendaries again for the achievements, just the precursors, which you can still sell or keep.

hidden garden is a jump puzzle though so i assumed he was referring to that   

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Garden

i never really pay attention with making legendary i just do it as fast as possible i don't have time to be a lore fanatic XD and it was  like a year ago i made kudzu i won't remember things after that much time if its in  a game XD

7 minutes ago, Dreamatics.4987 said:

Hidden garden is accessible with or without kudzu its opened via killing event mobs [orange events] i went in their before i even started making kudzu and after making kudzu

I can see it, yes and visit the area yes. But I can't farm it like those who completed the Collection / Gen:2+ way.

6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

At OP again.

It is a long journey, but since you have the legendaries already, then there is no rush now is there?

There is a lot of lore and adventure to it, experience it at your own pace. FWIW you don't even have to actually craft the legendaries again for the achievements, just the precursors, which you can still sell or keep.

I see what you and the others are saying. But these days I don't have that much time to pour in the game as I used to because of work. That's why it feels like "ugh, I spent all that time and I still missed out and now I gotta go through it again!" - but I see what you're saying, it is different and can be quite enjoyable. Still, I was interested to see if anyone else shared my point of view - don't ask, don't get and all that!

Also, quite surprised how quickly responses came through. Forum is clearly quite active 🙂

Edited by Ecobahn.4367

2 minutes ago, Dreamatics.4987 said:

hidden garden is a jump puzzle though so i assumed he was referring to that   

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hidden_Garden

i never really pay attention with making legendary i just do it as fast as possible i don't have time to be a lore fanatic XD and it was  like a year ago i made kudzu i won't remember things after that much time if its in  a game XD

I didn't realise it shared the same name - I thought the Jumping Puzzle was called Deidre's Steps.

But FYI, I was referring to this, in the same area: Hidden Garden (landmark) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

The achievement points as well as unlocking the plants in the hidden garden are actually not tied to crafting Kudzu. They are part of crafting the Leaf of Kudzu, the precursor weapon.

You didn't craft the precursor, but instead bought it. Nothing about that has changed. Nobody that buys or finds the precursor today and uses it to craft the legendary bow gets those achievements or collections unlocked. You have to go and craft the actual precursor to gain access to the garden, and you gain that even if you then proceed to sell the precursor. Crafting Kudzu has no part in this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've done the collections for The Bifrost and The Dreamer and in both cases I'd say the lore involved falls into two categories:

1. Stuff which can be read on the Wiki, like the descriptions on each achievement.
  2. Stuff which cannot be adequately summarised because it's more of a general sense of a theme that emerges as you're going through the steps, based on the places you visit and the things you do there. Sure someone could tell you what those steps are (the Wiki explains each step) but it's not the same as going there and doing it yourself.

I made The Dreamer before precursor crafting was available and then went and did the collection after I did the one for the Bifrost and found out what the process involved for exactly that reason. Well, that and it bothered me for my ranger to be a grandmaster huntsman with a legendary longbow she hadn't 'really' crafted. It was expensive and time consuming to do that of course, but I think it was worth it, especially since I could sell the finished legendary and make a bit of a profit (which I promptly spent, mostly on mount skins and a commander tag).

If you want the lore involved read what you can on the Wiki, or do the collections to experience it. If you're worried about the achievements and any bouses along the way rest assured you're not missing anything which anyone else got without doing the collections, and you still have the option to do them if you want to.

1 hour ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

Except you are wrong since the collections are for the precursor.

Do the collections then sell the precursor. Not need to act as if you've been victimized.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

The achievement points as well as unlocking the plants in the hidden garden are actually not tied to crafting Kudzu. They are part of crafting the Leaf of Kudzu, the precursor weapon.

You didn't craft the precursor, but instead bought it. Nothing about that has changed. Nobody that buys or finds the precursor today and uses it to craft the legendary bow gets those achievements or collections unlocked. You have to go and craft the actual precursor to gain access to the garden, and you gain that even if you then proceed to sell the precursor. Crafting Kudzu has no part in this.

This is exactly what confused me about the original post and why I assumed the OP did craft the precursor as their claim did not make sense otherwise.

Thanks for clarifying it for the OP. 👍

2 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but I understood that its for precursors only. That said, it still seems strange to me to need to work towards something twice over (even if they changed the journey). But from what others have said, it seems the journey is worth the effort and time and can be interesting and fun.

2 hours ago, LadyEden.7519 said:

This is exactly what confused me about the original post and why I assumed the OP did craft the precursor as their claim did not make sense otherwise.

Thanks for clarifying it for the OP. 👍

"Thank you for clarifying for me."  I wasn't confused about that, you were 🙂

Edited by Ecobahn.4367

3 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I've done the collections for The Bifrost and The Dreamer and in both cases I'd say the lore involved falls into two categories:

1. Stuff which can be read on the Wiki, like the descriptions on each achievement.
  2. Stuff which cannot be adequately summarised because it's more of a general sense of a theme that emerges as you're going through the steps, based on the places you visit and the things you do there. Sure someone could tell you what those steps are (the Wiki explains each step) but it's not the same as going there and doing it yourself.

I made The Dreamer before precursor crafting was available and then went and did the collection after I did the one for the Bifrost and found out what the process involved for exactly that reason. Well, that and it bothered me for my ranger to be a grandmaster huntsman with a legendary longbow she hadn't 'really' crafted. It was expensive and time consuming to do that of course, but I think it was worth it, especially since I could sell the finished legendary and make a bit of a profit (which I promptly spent, mostly on mount skins and a commander tag).

If you want the lore involved read what you can on the Wiki, or do the collections to experience it. If you're worried about the achievements and any bouses along the way rest assured you're not missing anything which anyone else got without doing the collections, and you still have the option to do them if you want to.

Thank you for your detailed response and time. I think you're the only one who thus far has a similar view point - it's bothered you that you have an item that the game is telling you that you've unlocked and yet you felt propelled to need to repeat it over again. I have that same annoyance, just resisting on time to invest over again when I have other game content I'd like to do too. I know the game doesn't force you to do anything, you can do anything you like but still, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt a little bothered.

However, from what everyone else (currently majority) has been saying, perhaps as the journey and process is different enough, its less of an irritation I first thought and perhaps even worth the effort.

Edited by Ecobahn.4367

2 hours ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

Thank you for your detailed response and time. I think you're the only one who thus far has a similar view point - it's bothered you that you have an item that the game is telling you that you've unlocked and yet you felt propelled to need to repeat it over again. I have that same annoyance, just resisting on time to invest over again when I have other game content I'd like to do too. I know the game doesn't force you to do anything, you can do anything you like but still, I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt a little bothered.

However, from what everyone else (currently majority) has been saying, perhaps as the journey and process is different enough, its less of an irritation I first thought and perhaps even worth the effort.

I totally get how you feel fwiw. But, the experience is there if you want it, otherwise yeah you can read all the lore bits on the wiki that you missed out on.

• Like 1