Post-rewards Legendary Weapons

13 hours ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

That said, it still seems strange to me to need to work towards something twice over

Using the same line of thought, does it seem strange to you that a character that jumped straight to the PoF storyline does not have the base game, HoT, and Season 2+3 stories auto-completed,, and the rewards and achievements for those earlier parts of the storyline unlocked?

You can skip parts of a gen1 legendary journey, or do them back to front, just like you can skip parts of the ongoing storyline and come back to do the earlier parts at a later date. Doing a part of it does not however auto-complete and reward you for the parts you skipped.

20 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

As you did not craft the first Precursor, only bought it, acquired it as loot, or threw gear in the Mystic Forge, I'm a bit confused on how you would think the 'journey' would be, at all, the same.   😕

Okay, but I only referred to it as a journey because that's what other commenters have referred to it and I also never claimed the process was the exact same or even slightly similar other than the fact that "it's towards a Legendary, 2 of which I already own, and now I feel like I have to repeat part of that process" (even if its different).

Edited by Ecobahn.4367
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, LadyEden.7519 said:

Then I still don't quite get the point of your original post, I guess. 😅

That's okay.

Let me try to break it down. Firstly,  its not my fault the Collection process didn't exist before lol (obviously, its no-one's "fault").

But, I have two Legendaries The Bifrost and Kudzu, made before and pre-Collections.

The game on the one hand is telling me the weapons are account-bound, and I unlocked the skins associated. They're mine. And I know I put a lot of time and effort in making them (even if journey to get there was different).

Post-collections, the game is now telling me I can still do The Legend and Leaf of Kudzu precursor collections (which is in my opinion) telling me I 'never earned them' or 'never had them in my possession'. 

This game trains and teaches players (along with many other game systems) to lust over achievements. I thought I had already achieved The Bifrost and Kudzu entirely and thought I could move on to another or something else. But having arguably been indoctrinated to get achievements, I see those uncompleted Collections and unlocks and feel a pull to now complete them as I have the weapons.

But then I'm annoyed - because in my opinion, I shouldn't need to do those. Similarly, I wouldn't except to re-do skins or unlocks on characters I had already earned, or constantly fight for Map Completion as the map of Tryia expands. My OP was to suggest a post-rewards system, for players like me so we can unlock the achievements and unlocks without (and again in my opinion) repeating a process so we can focus on other things.

Hope that helps. And if it doesn't, then thats fine too lol I don't know how else to explain lol.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Using the same line of thought, does it seem strange to you that a character that jumped straight to the PoF storyline does not have the base game, HoT, and Season 2+3 stories auto-completed,, and the rewards and achievements for those earlier parts of the storyline unlocked?

You can skip parts of a gen1 legendary journey, or do them back to front, just like you can skip parts of the ongoing storyline and come back to do the earlier parts at a later date. Doing a part of it does not however auto-complete and reward you for the parts you skipped.

You're right it is strange. Maybe even stranger - but to me that makes sense! It helps current players pick and choose whichever episode they want to relive at their own place, and new players to join in with their friends and play catch-up at their own pace. 

Good to know though, that the collections can in parts and not necessarily in order. I am not at all angry about the Collections system, I would just prefer to work on other legendaries rather than have this compelling feeling to work towards Bifrost and Kudzu's precursors because (in my opinion) I thought I had done them already.

• Confused 1

You may be confused.

You didn't do anything special to obtain your Precursor.  (Bought it, got it as a lucky drop, or threw gear in the Mystic Forge.)

So, no 'journey' whatsoever.

You did do some things to craft your Legendary (gather/buy materials, etc.).

If you complete the Precursor Collection, you will still have to do the same things you did before the craft your Legendary (gather/buy materials, etc.).

Thus, no one that crafts/ed a Legendary Weapon sans Precursor Collection should be rewarded for any effort they did not do. 

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You may be confused.

You didn't do anything special to obtain your Precursor.  (Bought it, got it as a lucky drop, or threw gear in the Mystic Forge.)

So, no 'journey' whatsoever.

You did do some things to craft your Legendary (gather/buy materials, etc.).

If you complete the Precursor Collection, you will still have to do the same things you did before the craft your Legendary (gather/buy materials, etc.).

Thus, no one that crafts/ed a Legendary Weapon sans Precursor Collection should be rewarded for any effort they did not do. 

I'm not confused.

We just have a difference of opinion and that's okay 🙂 But thank you for taking the time to comment!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

I'm not confused.

We just have a difference of opinion and that's okay 🙂 But thank you for taking the time to comment!

Oh sadly you are mate.

You dident craft your precursor and thats what the achievement is for you either bought it of the trading post, got it as a drop or gambled for it like Inculpatus cedo.9234 said.

No matter how you obtain you precursor you have to craft the legendary but you dont get the ap for crafting precursor if you did not do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Oh sadly you are mate.

You dident craft your precursor and thats what the achievement is for you either bought it of the trading post, got it as a drop or gambled for it like Inculpatus cedo.9234 said.

No matter how you obtain you precursor you have to craft the legendary but you dont get the ap for crafting precursor if you did not do it.

I'm really not 'mate'. I understand Collections are for precursors. I also understand that building up to Legendary weapons remains the same. I understand Collections never existed before and so its different.

And yet, someone else commented in the thread to say they felt a similar feeling as I have expressed - so I'm not alone. It feels weird to work through a collection towards a precursor I previously had, because I physically needed to have it, to make the Legendary Weapon I now possess. That's it. Like sure, I could work through and earn another and then sell it, but..... *I* feel I shouldn't need to do that. It feels like a repeat.

As an extreme example, Legendary Armoury was released and everyone who had a Legendary was auto-added in. It wasn't a feature that was there before so would it have been fair that only those who crafted AFTER the Armoury was released, were able to use it? No. It was available for everyone.

But as ever, this is just my opinion and thank you for sharing your own point of view.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Think of it as two journeys instead of one. The first one is for precursor, the second for legendary. You did the second, but not the first. The achievements are for the first.

Yes, it will have to be the way I look at it, as it appears my opinion is a minority - and that's fine. I do see what everyone is saying and it shows perhaps even what Anet's perspective was.

I guess I will just have to get over the feeling of 'rollback' and just spend more time on them and cross over the 'newly drawn finish line' for each 🙂 Then after, I can focus on another project. Maybe Xiuquatl!

Edited by Ecobahn.4367
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Ecobahn.4367 said:

I'm really not 'mate'. I understand Collections are for precursors. I also understand that building up to Legendary weapons remains the same. I understand Collections never existed before and so its different.

And yet, someone else commented in the thread to say they felt a similar feeling as I have expressed - so I'm not alone. It feels weird to work through a collection towards a precursor I previously had, because I physically needed to have it, to make the Legendary Weapon I now possess. That's it. Like sure, I could work through and earn another and then sell it, but..... *I* feel I shouldn't need to do that. It feels like a repeat.

As an extreme example, Legendary Armoury was released and everyone who had a Legendary was auto-added in. It wasn't a feature that was there before so would it have been fair that only those who crafted AFTER the Armoury was released, were able to use it? No. It was available for everyone.

But as ever, this is just my opinion and thank you for sharing your own point of view.

I think that's me you're referring to (I'm the one who said I did make a legendary I already had because I wanted to do the collection) and based on the way you're describing it I don't think it is the same. In some ways it sounds like the opposite.

I didn't do it because I thought the achievements should have auto-completed without me doing them and wanted to fix it, I did it because I wanted to do the collection - I wanted to complete the steps myself and experience the whole process because I had enjoyed doing it when making another legendary. I'd actually have been dissapointed if the achievements had completed without me earning them because then I'd have been unable to go through that process. (I then went on and finished the legendary for purely practical reasons, if I'd sold the precursor I'd actually have lost money but selling the finished legendary got me a slight profit.)

I would have done it even if there was no achievement. I couldn't care less about achievements, except as a (often less than ideal) way of tracking what's available to play. I cared that there was a new process I thought would be fun and interesting.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think that's me you're referring to (I'm the one who said I did make a legendary I already had because I wanted to do the collection) and based on the way you're describing it I don't think it is the same. In some ways it sounds like the opposite.

I didn't do it because I thought the achievements should have auto-completed without me doing them and wanted to fix it, I did it because I wanted to do the collection - I wanted to complete the steps myself and experience the whole process because I had enjoyed doing it when making another legendary. I'd actually have been dissapointed if the achievements had completed without me earning them because then I'd have been unable to go through that process. (I then went on and finished the legendary for purely practical reasons, if I'd sold the precursor I'd actually have lost money but selling the finished legendary got me a slight profit.)

I would have done it even if there was no achievement. I couldn't care less about achievements, except as a (often less than ideal) way of tracking what's available to play. I cared that there was a new process I thought would be fun and interesting.

I'm not saying it is the same - and I know you didn't say that. Yes I referred to your first post, but I was only referring to the part where you said it bothered you that it wasn't now considered to be 'crafted' that was all - which is why I said we had a similar feeling. I didn't mean to refer to you about anything else you said because you were happy to do the new feature anyway - and that's also perfectly fine.

That's just where our perspectives differ 🙂

Just like I've continued to say throughout, this post was only to see if there was anyone else who felt like they had a bit of a rollback, or working towards something they already had. And if so, whether there could be consideration for post-rewards - only because I would prefer to focus my gaming towards other projects, and not take (in my opinion) a step backwards.

I see that majority (including  you, in what you said in the rest of your post(s)) never saw it as anything other than what it is, a new step towards Precursors. And those who commented who have Legendaries already, saw no problem in having the option to go back over those they already owned. It is what it is!

Edited by Ecobahn.4367
  • Confused 1